Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knackers in pyjamas

Options
  • 01-05-2006 12:58pm

I live near Pearse st and have the 'luck' to work in Thomas st(Digital Hub) and on a daily basis I see so many knackers wandering around in their pyjamas thats its really puzzling me.

Are they just too feckin lazy to even get dressed each day? I've been tempted so many times to ask them but I know I'll prob get a fist full of sovereign rings in d face if I dare ask them anything!

So anyone out there know their secrets?? Is wearing pyjamas secret code for something??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Maybe a new fashion statement, to go along with the slept-in hair look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

It's an inner city trend often mixed with a foot long Superking hanging out of the mouth. I think it's funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Maybe they were filming a new childrens show for RTE?

"Ye's know what might be good fer a laugh, K1?"
    "Dunno, K2. What might be good fer a laugh?"
    "Goin' down to Ratzo's shop and robbin' the f***er..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I first seen this in Donaghmede about 5 or 6 years ago. I was amazed then and I still am. How can these people think its acceptable to wear pyjamas in public ??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I live near Pearse st and have the 'luck' to work in Thomas st(Digital Hub) and on a daily basis I see so many knackers wandering around in their pyjamas thats its really puzzling me.

Are they just too feckin lazy to even get dressed each day? I've been tempted so many times to ask them but I know I'll prob get a fist full of sovereign rings in d face if I dare ask them anything!

So anyone out there know their secrets?? Is wearing pyjamas secret code for something??

Its their neighbourhood.....Go into alot of working class estates and you would more then likely see it too.

Before I go on, I grew up in whitestown in Blanch so I know what I'm talking about in case anyone thinks I have an opinion on something I know nothing about.

Alot of the time their just running down to the shops and I wouldnt really call them knackers, townies maybe.

Its not illegal, it dosnt harm you so leave them be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I would actually like to propose that this is made acceptable. Pyjamas are just so damn comfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

ehh i ve seen this going on for about a year, i think its only the lady knackers that do this (correct me if im wrong), its apparently the new thing, D4 have their dubes and knackers (scumbags) have their Pj's. And the circle of life continues !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tq

Its not illegal, it dosnt harm you so leave them be.
    Exactly, who cares to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Its not knackers.. you are getting old. Appears to be fashion among the bebo generation.

My nieces friends all wander around outside in thier pyjamas now. The sister however put her foot down and isn't allowing my niece to do the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

always wanted to ask this, why do chef's wear them ceptic pajama trousers they have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

It's a huge thing among female college students near me. Every time I go through a college campus, all the chicks are in pyjama pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

People still wear pyjamas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Yep yep i work in thomas street also and i see it everyday. I also walk home in the evenings down thomas street, through town then out the northside and you see hundreds of them in the North Strand area, I actually don't understand it at all. Over the winter I saw a few of them coming back from shopping with there Penneys bags and pyjama bottoms under there coats.

I agree with the OP they now can't be arsed getting dressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

saw a girl in Galway wearing her PJs recently - I really wanted to stop her and ask if she's ok, or if I should call an ambulance/social services since she seemed confused and didn't manage to put her 'outside' clothes on...maybe something bad had happened and she had to leave her house in a hurry?

My boyfriend intervened unfortunately (always spoiling the fun, he is..;-) somehow he doesn't like it when I'm trying to be nice and helpful...).

Next time, I will ask though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

knackers in pyjamas
    ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    I'm putting that slogan on a t-shirt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They have pyjamas for sleeping in and then they often have another set for going to the shops in.

Kind of like the guys would have a tracksuit for going out in and another tracksuit for going to football training in.

Either way, hardly the end of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mavish

I have it on good authority that they dont wear pyjamas to bed at all, they just put them on in the morning. Apparently they call it their "daysuit". I find nothing more confusing than seeing some of the girls walking around with some elaborate hairdo and makeup an inch thick but in pjs... Why?:confused:

BlueSpiral wrote:
    knackers in pyjamas
    ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    I'm putting that slogan on a t-shirt.

Try this! Sorry bout low quality,rush job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

This is a trend that has evolved over the years. They started out wearing standard nike/addidas tracksuits. They then began wearing those really soft velvety tracksuits, recently they began wearing those strange bottoms which are a cross between tracksuit bottoms and pyjamas. Now they just wear pyjamas. The young chav-about-town hardly has the time to change nowadays anyway after waking up at 3 oclock in the afternoon after a long night of sipping cider and nibbling on KFC. I like this new trend, kinda alzheimer's chic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Try this! Sorry bout low quality,rush job
    If they sell well, I'll give you 50% of the profits :D

knackers in Pajamas
    You see them everywhere
    knackers in pajamas
    they hardly even care

• Advertisement

BlueSpiral wrote:
    If they sell well, I'll give you 50% of the profits :D

knackers in Pajamas
    You see them everywhere
    knackers in pajamas
    they hardly even care

grand,I'll get a contract drawn up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

BANANAS, IN PYJAMAS

All in favour of redesignating knackers as bananas?
    Bananas will henceforth be known as those long yellow things you peel before you eat and if you leave them for too long they go black.
    So as to avoid confusion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I don't own a pair of pyjamas, but if I did.. and they were very comfortable, I'd wear them to the shop if it was withing walking distance.

so **** all of you!

fascists

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

This new fashion mustn't have reached Limerick yet.. i havent seen anyone in pyjama's. :/

Nixmix that was Genius!!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

I don't think the "it's their neighbourhood" argument is valid really. I live in the city centre and I would never walk around Grafton Street in my pyjamas (note: I don't actually jave pyjamas).

Not only is it a little odd, but I can imagine the pyjama material is not quite made for the street? It looks too brittle/sponge like.

It's funny though, and I actually like seeing it! I'm looking forward to the day the townies who sleep naked decide to wander to the shops...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

saw this in town the other day. a girl walking dow parnell street in pyjamas complete with slippers. odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

saw this in town the other day. a girl walking dow parnell street in pyjamas complete with slippers. odd

It's funny because they probably think they're not "conforming" by wearing their pyjamas outside. When it fact, it's complete conformism (considering all their peers do it.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I tend to shout at the peasants to put some clothes on while driving by. It doesn't bother me but I like to look down and laugh at them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, it's the inevitable next step after tracksuits really. So many people have no appreciation for good tailoring but I suppose their function as a laughing stock for the stylish must be appreciated. :-p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Just think of them as the volunteers that test out new forms of fashion.

Tracksuits? No.
    Pyjamas? No.

One day, they might get it right. One day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement