Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm so sorry for your loss.. Take your time to grieve, feck what other people's opinions might be

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Our lovely Bailey left us today aged 14 💔😪 everyone keeps saying he had a great life with us … but it was US who had a great life with him. Already little things around the house or with our routine are reminding us that our BB is gone… but he’ll never be forgotten

Run free Bailey without any pain - your sister Lucy is waiting you. 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Oh I am so so sorry to read this. Bailey was a legend and you did so much for him.

Run free special boy, you will be sorely missed

Take care of yourself my friend

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Bailey Boy was such a part of life in this forum, it's hard to believe he's gone.😓

Yhe love and care you gave him always shone out of the screen. You minded him, and he minded you. It'll be hard to get used to life without him.

I'm sure himself and Lucy are delighted to be back together again ❤️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Run free Bailey. He’ll always be one of the original boards crew. I hope he has lots of stuffed football plushies over the rainbow xx

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aww Bailey, I'm so sorry, awful loss..

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

@tk123 God so so sorry. Bailey was a true hero here on Boards. The love you gave him was so clear to see in all your posts, and him to you.

Run free with your sister Bailey.

Take care of yourself now tk123 x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

@tk123 So sorry for your loss, run free Bailey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

@tk123 , @AMKC , @Rubberchikken

Sorry for you loss guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks everyone. We’re going to collect his ashes soon 😢. We brought him home first to show Rory and he definitely knows his big brother is gone.

Ms

Awe so sorry for your loss. Ye done everything ye could for him and gave him a good life.

He is up there in Doggy Heaven now with his sister as you say and all the other dogs including my Pippa.

Its the same with me.

Lots of things around and things I do that still remind me of Pippa.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Oh @tk123 I'm so sorry. Poor Bailey, such a special boy. We all know how loved and cared for he was. Sleep tight Bailey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Our beautiful Dalmatian bitch was PTS almost one year ago at almost 15 years old. Still miss her terribly around the house. Without a shadow of a doubt, the best dog we ever had. Great watchdog, great with our children, loves walks (once it wasn't raining), loved lying in front of the fire and coming into the bathroom "for a chat"....

Our little beautiful bitchy wonder of a part time dog died over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

One of my cats got hit by a car last night, found her this morning just up the road from the house.

Sorry for you loss.

@Galwayguy35 @Gremlinertia

So sorry for you loss guys. It's an awful time. Take it easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi everyone

We had to get our girl Holly put to sleep yesterday. She had been diagnosed with senility a few months ago by the vet, she was 19.5 years old (great age I know) and was going deaf and blind but she could still sniff out those treats and food.

Over the past few months, she had been going downhill and not able to control her bladder in the house, going unknown to herself. She would stare into space and not respond to the voices until closer to her. she was getting agitated and would try to bite the other dog for no reason. She was very unsteady on her feet and it was painful to watch her.

Coco the younger dog (14.5 was great company for her, with her since the start and I am sure that kept her going)

It was a very tough decision to make and not one we took lightly. The vet said they could try some medicine to help a little but that it also wouldn't be wrong to let her go.

I'm glad we were beside her, kissed her, and held her paw as she passed. I took her home and buried her next to the willow tree out of the back garden.

The younger dog Coco doesnt know what's happening and it will be tough on her now without her sparring partner. They would fight like lunatics then 5 mins later were licking each other

I have posted some pics below and hope it's not too many to spam the thread. As you can see they were both inseparable.

Sleep tight Holly x

Holly & coco Summer 2010

Holly 2010

Holly 2010

Holly & Coco a couple of days ago

And one of her final pics

Heartbreaking, mind yourselves and Coco, grief is tough even if you've done the right thing taking the hardest decision

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭apache

Luckycharms lovely pics. She looked like she was loved dearly and had a good life.

What lovely photos of your little girl, such a hard time.

Take care now. RIP Holly.

R.I.P Holly. So sorry Luckycharms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I've not been on the site for a long time, just looked in out of curiosity and this thread was the first "unread" one that I felt I wanted to read - so sorry to see that some of the characters I've read about here over the years are gone, and my sympathies to everyone who's lost a pet, whether I "knew" them on here or not.

A lovely thing I've seen said about pets is that we have to remember that even though we don't have them for all of our lives, they've (often) had us for all of theirs. I hope that's some comfort to the wonderful pet owners on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭orionm_73

My gorgeous affectionate boy Tiger. Gone far too soon because of our vets mistakes. Absolutely gutted. I still think I see you around the house,and miss the cuddles.

Sorry for your loss Orionm. R.I.P Tiger.

What a beautiful boy, sorry to hear he's left Orionm

• Advertisement

So sorry Orionm, what a beautiful boy he was . sleep well Tiger.

Advertisement