Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,468 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

She was a beauty. Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

so sorry for you're loss. RIP Síonna

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Sorry for your loss. She was indeed a beauty and sounded like a wonderful little soul.

R.I.P Síonna.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Those of you that went for cremation, what have you done with the ashes?

We have had them in a shelf for the past 8 years and happy with that for the foreseeable, is that how most people keep them?

Same. Fudge is on the shelf beside where I sit along with framed prints of his paw and nose. I was planning on scattering some at his favourite spots but decided against it. He'll be gone a year this coming Friday. I never care for any type of anniversary bad or good but I'm dreading this.

• Advertisement

It gets easier as time passes but there are ways things that catch you when you least expect it.

We extensively cleaned up our garden recently and came across his paw prints in a strip of concrete that was laid in 2003. Only when it was powerhouses you could see them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Three of my cats are sitting in their scatter tubes among some decorative candles on the coffee table and one is in the wardrobe. I meant to scatter them, but never got around to it. Silly as it might seem to some, I do take some comfort in them being there. At least one of them will probablly be laid to rest with me in the hopefully distant future.

I hope I won't have to think about cremation options for a long time again, but next time I will probably go with some kind of decorative box or picture frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

So very true Gael23. I recently found the Felix kitten welcome pack I got for mine in 2006 and it really hit me hard. Plus the 'on this day' photo slideshows that randomly show up on my phone.

I've two wonderful young newbies since last year, but the oldies with always be in my heart.

We got a wooden box with his name on it . Its kind of like a large jewellery box

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

For our first who passed we scattered her ashes at the foot of her favourite scratching tree in the garden. We got a little brass plaque and mounted it on the tree in her memory. Most recently for Sionna we didn't bother getting her ashes back because we knew we didn't want to keep them and couldn't think of an appropriate place to scatter them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tony H

we had ours on a windowsill for years but a couple.of years ago we got a few Rowan tree saplings and put them to rest at the roots of the trees ,

our latest golden promptly chewed one of them off close to the base but it has since recovered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

After 16 years I had to say goodbye to my Kimi, She was a great dog never had any trouble with her.

At least she has company with our beloved Milo who past two years ago.

It’s strange having no dogs in our house, still keep leftovers for her forgetting myself. Miss hearing her footsteps tap along our floor. I miss them both so much.

So sorry for your loss, it is indeed so strange the quietness of a home without them. sleep well Kimi

Sorry for your loss, Darren. In time those little memories that really hurt right now will make you smile again. Take it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Hooked

13 April 2011 - 30 June 2023

”HUGO”

Our hearts are broken. But our heads are full of wonderful memories.

He was a one in a million dog.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

So sorry for your loss.. What a beautiful friend you had.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Aw no Hooked, I'm so sorry to learn your sad, sad news. Hugo was part of the tapestry of the forum back in the day, I think we all felt like we knew him ❤️

He had such a wonderful life with you guys, an ideal life that every dog deserves.

Good boy Hugo. So long 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah no 😓 run free Hugo. So sorry to hear he’s gone.

Aw, So sorry for your loss Hooked,use to love your photos of your doggy family. such a sad time for you all 😥

Take care now.

Rest well Hugo.

Thanks all... Christ the pain of it.

I’m 45 years old in a few weeks. But I’m crying like a child since we made the decision to end his pain (nasal tumour) yesterday.

We got 3 months with him after the x-rays (and other tests) confirmed things. And we spoiled him ROTTEN in that time.

The killer is, from the neck down, he was in tremendous shape for a 12 year old dog.

Cant believe it’s just me and Jack getting up to go for our Saturday morning sniff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

@Hooked I'm so, so sorry to hear about Hugo. He was such a familiar face in this forum. Such a handsome buy and so loved.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sleep tight Hugo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

gutted for you Hooked, so sorry for your loss

So so sorry Hooked. The pain is horrendous and words dont mean much at the minute but we're all thinking of you here. What a lovely doggie Hugo was.

My heart is aching today...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Even when you know it’s coming it’s horrendous. You kind of run out of tears and then they start again 😓

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tony H

Run Free Hugo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Came upon this again. Àm at work, will be out the door at 6. Tears forming as I type.

We lost our fabulous little Westie Serena 13 weeks ago yesterday. A rescue of 4 years old, we had her for 12 wonderful years.

When asked her age earlier this year I said 16 and the lady actually thought she was only 16 months old😁 she was an absolute fairy but in our eyes absolutely perfect.

Ahe never knew a cross word. Only hugs and kisses and everything she wanted. Truly an angel.

I'm heading home to our 2 yo springer, Winnie. She showed up at our door Christmas night 2021 unchipped and 4 months old and a pure bred. No one ever went looking for her so she became ours, naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

My 8 year old Mini Yorkshire Terrior just died. She had an operation at the weekend but unfortunately had a heart attack today and never fully recovered from it. I am going to pick her up from the pet hospital tomorrow. I am heartbroken. Being crying my eyes out all evening. Nothing else seems to matter anymore. I am going to have a little funeral for her.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So sorry for your loss. 8 years old is far too soon.

• Advertisement

@AMKC , What a terrible shock for you! my heart goes out to you.

Rest easy little girl x

Advertisement