Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon uk no longer shipping games to Ireland?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They would have the Queen's face on their coins if using the Euro? Just like we have the harp.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

From here: http://www.weeeireland.ie/faq.html

Q Retailers – what will they have to do from August 13th?
    A Again looking at household WEEE only, all Distributors must:
    1 Register with their Local Authority each premises from which they (a) sell electrical and electronic equipment, or (b) use for the storage of equipment.
    2 Take back WEEE from consumers on a like-for-like basis.

Looks like more online retailers will have to follow suit, since how can they comply with #2 ( take back like-for-like)?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Laguna wrote:
    Sure it's an EU directive, but when did that ever stop the UK?, they've still got and always will have an Island mentality, for christs sake they're dragging their heels over using € for the future because they can't have the stupid Queens face on the coinage. This is coming from someone who is born and bred over there, they're the most non conformist bunch of assholes ever when it comes to these sort of things, they want all the benefits of the EU withouht having to change their own policies. I just can't see this Amazon debacle being solved anytime soon.

Thanks! You reminded me to search and post these gems of text sound bites giving one rather large possable down side to the euro.
    Laguna wrote:
    for christs sake they're dragging their heels over using € for the future because they can't have the stupid Queens face on the coinage.

One way or another, it’s about control. Although, the above is to a large extent complete nonsense (true or not), as – unless my memory is lacking here – the Queen’s face is on the same side as our State’s harp… which is amazingly still on our coinage.

(someone ban the silly mod going off topic)
    astrofool wrote:
    They would have the Queen's face on their coins if using the Euro? Just like we have the harp.

Feck yeah! (I clicked 'quote' before going out to see X-Men 3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Had another look at www.amazon.co.uk today, it seems they're shipping again to most countries in Europe excluding Ireland, shame really, this says to me that this isn't going to change now. Disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Laguna wrote:
    Had another look at www.amazon.co.uk today, it seems they're shipping again to most countries in Europe excluding Ireland, shame really, this says to me that this isn't going to change now. Disappointing.

As far as I'm concerned it was never gonna change...if you follow both this thread and the one over in Bargain Alerts (?), people inquiring to amazon by eMail got conflicting explanations/reasons as to why the RoI is being ommited from the delivery (and therefore the sales) list....one stated that they could no longer guarantee secure delivery of items, the others, some load of nonsense about the WEEE directive....the real reason probably isn't known by CS staff and likely has more to do with supplier pressure on amazon to stop selling to here and hurting large margins on the domestic branches of those same suppliers.

If there were real problems with delivery or WEEE then how do the likes of pixmania or DABS or OC.co.uk get around it?
    I can get any item I like from amazon delivered (free) to a mate 5 miles down the road in NI, proceed to do whatever the hell I like with it, will have saved money on the domestic price by having bought from them and can take that item or the item it replaces away to be recycled free of charge. What has changed?

We're not being given the whole story here. I was pretty loyal to amazon over the years but until I get a truthful reason for what they've done I'll shop someplace that respects my rights as a customer within the eurozone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Dont know if it helps but if anyone wants any games from amazon.com, just let me know and I'll try and help out. Can get them shipped to me in the US and will post them back to ye :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ruu wrote:
    Dont know if it helps but if anyone wants any games from amazon.com, just let me know and I'll try and help out. Can get them shipped to me in the US and will post them back to ye
    Well now, isn't this a coincidence...

amazon.png

Seems you've been beaten to the punch...now if only they'd start selling PAL titles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah right didnt notice that, I just selected a game at random (think it was x-men last stand for the pc and said shipping was available within the US) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 donstavros

[snip/]

MOD EDIT: I think you have the wrong board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Games? Tooth brush?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement