Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I feel like an idiot

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

As much as I wish I was the sweet guy I doubt it, the only thing I've ever really done nice for her was buy her the HIM ticket and a t-shirt after. It's not because I'm scabby but because I'm broke, I'm trying to afford driving lessons.

And also of the many different words I'd use to describe myself sweet wouldn't be one of them.

To be honest mate, I can tell you from my own experience that you did just the right thing by telling her. It might not feel like it now, but you'll only ever regret the times you didn't ask a girl out rather than the times you did and it didn't go well.

Also you bought her a HIM ticket and a t shirt? That's a pretty damn nice thing to do.

I was recently in the same situation with a friend of mine. I'd liked her for a long time and one day when we were out for a drink I thought 'F*** it, I'm not gonna let another chance go by to tell her how I feel about her'. If I'm being honest I was pissing myself over it, as I wasn't sure she felt the same way. Turns out she did and had done for a long time. If I hadn't asked I might never have known...

So I guess the moral of the story is - don't leave it to chance. Ask. You did - and trust me even if things don't happen with u guys this time round you won't regret your decision to tell her.

Best of luck m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭deltablaze

That was quite a nice thing to do, to buy her the ticket and t-shirt.

"And also of the many different words I'd use to describe myself sweet wouldn't be one of them."

Aye, but you must remember girls can see you in a different way! If I were you I'd just ask her out, see what happens. You seem a nice guy and from my experience, I remember when I once asked a girl out, it went pear shaped, but you meet other friends, other people. So yeah, go for it! Try your luck! And besides, if you're her friend I'd say you have a good idea of who she thinks is the 'sweet guy', I think it's you IMO.

To be honest mate, I can tell you from my own experience that you did just the right thing by telling her. It might not feel like it now, but you'll only ever regret the times you didn't ask a girl out rather than the times you did and it didn't go well.

Also you bought her a HIM ticket and a t shirt? That's a pretty damn nice thing to do.

I was recently in the same situation with a friend of mine. I'd liked her for a long time and one day when we were out for a drink I thought 'F*** it, I'm not gonna let another chance go by to tell her how I feel about her'. If I'm being honest I was pissing myself over it, as I wasn't sure she felt the same way. Turns out she did and had done for a long time. If I hadn't asked I might never have known...

So I guess the moral of the story is - don't leave it to chance. Ask. You did - and trust me even if things don't happen with u guys this time round you won't regret your decision to tell her.

Best of luck m8
    Yeah, I know what you mean. From my experience if you drag it out you won't meet other people, other possibilities, because you're focusing on the one girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Yep, you'll regret not asking her, even if it goes wrong, its an experience, and you'd be more pissed off if you never did anything more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Easilyamused

Yep, you'll regret not asking her, even if it goes wrong, its an experience, and you'd be more pissed off if you never did anything more.

To be honest I'm pretty shy so even saying I like her was huge, and I only went through with it because I wasn't thinking. I'll see how things go tomorrow and if they seem well I may ask her out, I'll let ya's know how it goes.

Cheers everyone.

E

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

From what I've read, I'd describe you as sweet. The whole shyness, the nearly holding hands bit, the confessing to liking her... That all adds up to sweet.

I've been talking to her and it was brought up and she said she liked me and we're talking about it now, I'm still kinda in a shocked state at the moment but thanks to everyone who replied.

I really didn't expect this :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

That's just super! Enjoy!

I've been talking to her and it was brought up and she said she liked me and we're talking about it now, I'm still kinda in a shocked state at the moment but thanks to everyone who replied.

Sweet, keep us updated!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Aw, I love happy endings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Yay!!!!!! Thats great news!!!! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey, good stuff man!
    Worked out much better for you than for me. :)
    Good luck.

Bet 'ya don't feel like such an idiot now, huh? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

Delighted for you enjoy it now the fun begins,

deltablaze wrote:
    Bet 'ya don't feel like such an idiot now, huh? :)

Yeah not so much. I was barely talking to her today as I left for a race just before the start of school. Cheers for all your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Yeah not so much. I was barely talking to her today as I left for a race just before the start of school. Cheers for all your help.

That's cool man. Just make sure not to lose momentum :) - bring her out somewhere - sooner rather than later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭michaela

I have just realised that I really should've kept my mouth shut. I was on her Bebo a few minutes ago there when I saw 2 sections, one was "happiest when: talking to friends and with that really sweet guy:) " and the other "saddest when: studying and not with that really sweet guy:( ".

Should've seen that one coming

i defo rekon tha u r "that reli sweet guy"!!!!! well its tuesday now so am gessin uv bin 2 skl so how did it go?????????? cmon fill us all all in soon

michaela wrote:
    i defo rekon tha u r "that reli sweet guy"!!!!! well its tuesday now so am gessin uv bin 2 skl so how did it go?????????? cmon fill us all all in soon

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Can we pelase cut out the text speak please you have a full keyboard use it.
    Unhelpfull, off topic and inane spammy replies like just smilies will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which has the rules for posting in this forum and abide by them.
    Have a nice life,
    Thaedydal

Advertisement