Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarrassing crash

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭aftermathcrew

Probably when I was 10 or 11, it was a hot day, so I took off my sweatshirt and slung it my across the handlebars... as I cycled it started to unravel, and eventually snagged the front wheel, which sent me literally into a somersault over the handlebars.
    Wasn't badly hurt, but there were a lot of people around.
    brilliant well embarassing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

remembered another one but amazingly this one's not about me, me and my friend were walking up a hill with our bikes, i was standing at the side of mine but my friend was walkin' with it in between his legs, unsurprisingly he slipped and dropped straight onto the top tube crushing his manhood, it was brilliant because i wasn't in pain for a change!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭aftermathcrew

N05H3AD wrote:
    remembered another one but amazingly this one's not about me, me and my friend were walking up a hill with our bikes, i was standing at the side of mine but my friend was walkin' with it in between his legs, unsurprisingly he slipped and dropped straight onto the top tube crushing his manhood, it was brilliant because i wasn't in pain for a change!!!:D
    i remember that.it was ****ing sore!!don't get me started on the "W" man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

Probably when I was 10 or 11, it was a hot day, so I took off my sweatshirt and slung it my across the handlebars... as I cycled it started to unravel, and eventually snagged the front wheel, which sent me literally into a somersault over the handlebars.
    Wasn't badly hurt, but there were a lot of people around.
    That happened to a guy two cyclists in front of me and a bit to my side while doing a charity cycle. He went straight over the bars, took out the guy in front of him and got cycled over by a good few people who were directly behind him. We were moving at a fair pace too. Somehow no-one was hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

Simona1986 wrote:
    That happened to a guy two cyclists in front of me and a bit to my side while doing a charity cycle. He went straight over the bars, took out the guy in front of him and got cycled over by a good few people who were directly behind him. We were moving at a fair pace too. Somehow no-one was hurt.

ouch!, i'd say it was hilarious to watch though!:D !:) !:D !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Not really embarrasing but I was coming up to the walkinstown roundabout this morning, looked right to see what was coming around and there was a slow moving truck. So I decided to go for it but lashed on the brakes after a last second change of heart, unfortunately there was the remnants of a mudguard from a car on the ground. I hit my front brakes just as I was cycling over this and lost traction so I went flying over the handlebars, the truck had to brake quite dramatically and stopped about a meter away from my head.

At this stage I get up and dust myself off and realise I've just brought Ireland's biggest roundabout to a standstill. Theres Loads of people in their cars just looking at me not sure wether to be angry or feel sorry me?

Needless to say I picked up my bike and stumbled away, I'm still very sore but at least I'm alive :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Two years ago in Australia - quit work early to get home to watch the cricket- had one of those helmets with a sun shade- put my head down as there was abit of a head wind- not looking where I was going - went through the back window of a parked car. Facial lacerations mostly
    Ambos brought me back to the emergency department where I worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Traumadoc wrote:
    Two years ago in Australia - quit work early to get home to watch the cricket- had one of those helmets with a sun shade- put my head down as there was abit of a head wind- not looking where I was going - went through the back window of a parked car. Facial lacerations mostly
    Ambos brought me back to the emergency department where I worked.
    My Dad did something very similar before, cycled into a truck on the hard shoulder, broke his nose, and the bike never went anywhere after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

I was cycling down the Richmond Road one sunny october day, and I my mind was on many other things (the girls across the road, the sun on my back, god knows what else) and just as I realised what was about to happen, I had had cycled into the back of a landrover... Painful stuff... Had to pick myself up and hide the red face!

Advertisement