Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Sligo Safe?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Sligo is totally safe. I dunno where it gets the bad name from.
    I have lived in Sligo town all my life and very rarely had any trouble out.
    Maybe one or two times but that was mostly my fault..
    Just like anywhere really, if you look for it, you will get it.. keep to yourself and you will have no bother.
    Oh and check out the new night club is your over 23.
    Supposed to be unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead remembers when the young gentleman Kian Egan from the boyband phenomonon Westlife got his head boxed in just because he didn't share his sausage in batter with one of the boyos around town. If this type of behaviour is indicitave of the youth of Sligo then Sligo can eat Pigheads shorts.

Where I come from we treat our rich and famous with love and respect. Just last week Andrea Corr was in Corbetts Pub in Seatown and at least 7 of the local boyos were caressing and gently rubbing her sweet face. Thats called sophistication and the boyos from Sligo should really take note.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

have to agree but it wouldnt be everyones cup ot tea. Do you be in there often?

Yeah be in there quite a bit couldnt be bothered going anywhere else in town since I moved to the suberbs, basically fureys for one onto shoots and last orders in the Garavogue (left bank) The mix of people in shoots has to be the best you will see anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead remembers when the young gentleman Kian Egan from the boyband phenomonon Westlife got his head boxed in just because he didn't share his sausage in batter with one of the boyos around town. If this type of behaviour is indicitave of the youth of Sligo then Sligo can eat Pigheads shorts.

Where I come from we treat our rich and famous with love and respect. Just last week Andrea Corr was in Corbetts Pub in Seatown and at least 7 of the local boyos were caressing and gently rubbing her sweet face. Thats called sophistication and the boyos from Sligo should really take note.:mad:

If PigHead had 5 million in the bank would PigHead be hanging around abra at 3 in the morning shouting his head off ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

bennyc wrote:
    If PigHead had 5 million in the bank would PigHead be hanging around abra at 3 in the morning shouting his head off ???????

...and acting like a complete drunk tosspot. 'Do you know who I am?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

bennyc wrote:
    Fcuking right I would, I remember back in 93 when I won the Co Louth Indoor Bowls Championship. Spent the whole of the next day getting drunk and obnoxious and ended up standing on the railings of the courthouse screaming
    " You fcukers aren't fit to clean my bowling shoes" Being successful demands acts of obnoxiousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,844 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh Pighead... you are the living end!

No... really.... you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

what about this???
    Aine45.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,944 ✭✭✭✭muffler

stevenk wrote:
    what about this???
    Aine45.jpg
    Was that pic taken before or after she was inside the rock cluster :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

sunzz wrote:
    Dont be worried about going into a chipper whatsoever. the best chipper in town is hands down happy eater.

I always thought the best chipper was Mollys, damn what great stuff (not good for waistline but tastylicous) :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

byte wrote:
    I always thought the best chipper was Mollys, damn what great stuff (not good for waistline but tastylicous) :)
    It is the best!

Mollys ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Pighead wrote:
    No thats not what happened. The guy knew Kian for years. There is more to it then that but im guessing it was mainly jealousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Depends where you are comparing Sligeach to doesnt it? In comparison to West Compton Im sure its safe as houses :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

lol was nothing about battered sausage I know the lad who had the bust up with him and there is more to it than that.

Well brian it's alot rougher than highfield road :D hows computers going.
    On a side note I myself would rather the happy eater as apposed to molly's

the new mollys is nothing like the old :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah, they have done it up. Looks cool. Retro! Also, you aren't likely to die after a visit due to bad conditions. :)
    happy eater is second in Sligo for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Have to admit i agree with sunzz!! The new Molly's is nothing like the old!!! Dont think much of the happy eater either mind you!!!
    Always the boggers that like that place!!! :p lol

takola wrote:
    Have to admit i agree with sunzz!! The new Molly's is nothing like the old!!! Dont think much of the happy eater either mind you!!!
    Always the boggers that like that place!!! :p lol
    You know too much about me now. I must get dirt on you.
    (I won the poker tournament old lady. Yay, money! :D)

You know too much about me now. I must get dirt on you.
    (I won the poker tournament old lady. Yay, money! :D)

Dirt on me??? NEVER!!!!! :rolleyes: (Nice one about the tournament.. you can pay off the fortune you owe me for keeping the secrets now!!! I hope you told your mammy where you were!! :D )

I haven't lived with mammy for two years, can you say the same? :D
    Jaysus a a few months in age mean a lot to you!

• Advertisement

Well if a few months is enough to make me an old lady then yes of course it means a lot to me!!!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

damn ye, i want mollies chips now, cursed galwayness!

Go to McDonaghs and accept the second best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭RainbowBrite

Well, been to Sligo for my weekend, & I survived, so I guess it's safe enough!!

Didn't think there was a whole pile to do in the town (& the town that I'm from, that I thought was the deadest place on earth actually has far more pubs & restaurants), but we had a lovely time all the same.

One of the barmaids in...... was the grumpiest, rudest person I ever met (silly cow), everyone else was lovely though.

Liked Fidlers, thought the Velvet Room was pretty cool looking.
    B&B was lovely.
    Weather was sh!t on Sun, but went to Mullaghmore yesterday & it more than made up for it.

All n all, a lovely weekend, plus:- never saw any trouble whatsoever & walked to & from pub / nightclub each night.

(Good food too)

One of the barmaids in ..... was the grumpiest, rudest person I ever met (silly cow), everyone else was lovely though.

All n all, a lovely weekend, plus:- never saw any trouble whatsoever & walked to & from pub / nightclub each night.

(Good food too)
    The one in .....? In her 40's with g hair. If so, she's been working there for the past 10 years.

See.. told you it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Where'd you have food? Fiddlers? Yum!

PS - You didn't call up for tea.. was disappointed! :D

Edited by muffler. basquille you should know better than post that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭RainbowBrite

No, this girl was only mid 20's edited

Please don't get her mixed up with a very pleasant, slighty plumper girl who had 2 V short pony tails on either side of her head, she was lovely.

As for the tea, you didn't give me your address, only for that I'd ave popped in for a chat!!!

Ahh right.. don't know many of the staff there anyways.

PS - apologies muffler! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 45,944 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No, this girl was only mid 20's edited

Please don't get her mixed up with a very pleasant, slighty plumper girl who had 2 V short pony tails on either side of her head, she was lovely.

As for the tea, you didn't give me your address, only for that I'd ave popped in for a chat!!!

RainbowBrite, I think a general outline of your weekends activities is sufficient. We cant select and criticise an individual and describe her in detail and name the place she works. That matter should have been taken up with the proprietor at the time.

I hope you did enjoy your weekend though and next time come to Donegal ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

muffler wrote:
    RainbowBrite,

I hope you did enjoy your weekend though and next time come to Donegal ;)

Darn right, it's bigger as well ;) , but then, I am prejudiced in favour of the Twin-Towns of Ballybofey/Stranorlar.Where it's 'as safe' as a House on fire ! Plus you get 2 towns for the price of one :) .

P. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement