Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

staying with a girl, toilet etiquette

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

If it's yellow let it mellow,
    If it's brown flush it down!

From - Meet the Fockers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

If you put some shampoo or shower gel in just as you are flushing it'l mask the smell somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

If you put some shampoo or shower gel in just as you are flushing it'l mask the smell somewhat.
    Surely that would cause suspicious bubbles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Ahh but you see if there is some blockage - the bubbles will cover for a short time. Plus if you leave the seat down she wont look into the bowl.
    Mission acomplished

Ahh but you see if there is some blockage - the bubbles will cover for a short time. Plus if you leave the seat down she wont look into the bowl.
    Mission acomplished
    I would consider a man leaving the seat down suspicious enough on its own tbh :p

To keep on topic: OP, don't worry about it. Everybody does it. It might be slightly awkward for a minute or two if you're not very familiar with this girl, but she'll think nothing of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

etiquette wrote:
    Gonna be a hotel for a few nights, never really been in this situation, how exactly does this work, i wouldnt want her to go in after ive used it.
    TBH i've been in this situation loads of times and it has never occurred to me before that the toilet thing might even be an issue. Should I be worried??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Totally stupid question now, but what's the story with the match or the lighter? Does it really help with the smell? :confused:

meowCat wrote:
    Totally stupid question now, but what's the story with the match or the lighter? Does it really help with the smell? :confused:
    I'm guessing the carbon absorbs the smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Or you could just make sure you have a dump that day shortly before you head out or whatever.... sorted. Unless you get the runs that is.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I imagine its a new relationship in which case I'd say if you're so mad about each other then it won't matter.
    Rose coloured glass and all that.

But after my brother uses the jax I spray it with dettol spray. Its the only thing that makes it stop smelling like the dog died three years ago under the floor boards. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

seamus wrote:
    Just close the door, don't laugh if you fart loudly (try spreading your cheeks if it's worrying you that much),
    Spreading your cheeks stops you from laughing? Must try that one some time. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

What a mad thread!

OP, is there something seriously wrong with your bowels or is this some sort of phobia of yours or what?

Well, on a practical note (ding!), go to the toilet soon enough after her each time to avoid her having to go straight after you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Cough when you plop to disguise the sound of your superhuman mars bar hitting the water. Spray lynx in the room before you leave. As for the toilet seat, when will women ever think about mens needs. Seat should always be left up when you leave. Why should men do all the work with the seat. A little consideration from the women folk. It’s all me, me, me with women. What about my needs. What about mens needs I ask. An upright toilet seat will make a man appreciate his girlfriend more. Scientific fact! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

This post has been deleted.

very true, this is indeed the highest stage of a relationship. True love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

i think methane is supposed to be flammable. Im sure the match to clear the smell ploy is apocryphal though
    meowCat wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

use the safe and "forget" the combination..sorted..

etiquette wrote:
    Gonna be a hotel for a few nights, never really been in this situation, how exactly does this work, i wouldnt want her to go in after ive used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

:D Haha this is a funny thread it reminded me of something in a relationship I had. She'd always "allow" me one big fart a week. lol

I being the romantic I am would always ensure I saved up the best for her...and with prior warning would let it go ...9/10 she'd cry laughin .. :D
    thats definitley when you know you're in love :D

As for going the loo my experience is women are far worse in there than men (I should know I've worked as a barman for 6 years.) we may miss and hit the seat but how can you miss the toilet at point blank range :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Actually, you're staying at a hotel right? Well, if it really is that much of a deal, you could use the toilets in the hotels lobby, assuming they have them.

meowCat wrote:

I've actually tried that, and to be perfectly honest.. I don't notice much difference. It just adds the smell of smoke really ..

Just do small things; wipe the toilet seat, put it down, and if need be.. bring a can of deodourant into it with you. If you're going to leave a smell, you might as well cover it up with a stronger one until they both go. Also, you can say that you were spraying deodourant in the toilet as you don't want to make the room all smelly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

book a second room just for taking a dump in the toilet. she need never know!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement