Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

staying with a girl, toilet etiquette

Options
  • 24-04-2006 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Gonna be a hotel for a few nights, never really been in this situation, how exactly does this work, i wouldnt want her to go in after ive used it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Is this a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I shouldnt say this, if my woman saw it shed spot me straight away, but the first time we spent the weekend together, i went for a poop downstairs in the pub while she was asleep...it sounds funny, but for me, i didnt want to be making plopping sounds. seriously, everybody is human, but its understandable that youd be hesitant the first time away. after a while, it wont even cross your mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Bring a spray. ;)

But seriously, girls know you go to the toilet. We also go to the toilet. She's probably worried too. You could pick your moment, make sure she's finished in the bathroom for the time being, have a shower etc.

Make a joke dismissing it, laugh it off with a "Don't go in there for a few minutes".

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

Maybe light a match or something? Does that work? Im sure a lighter would work also, if matches are a problem.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Toilet seat up when your going for a pee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

the_syco wrote:
    And when you're finished?
    Sigh, when will us men ever learn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

the_syco wrote:
    and leave it there, the convenience to you is pamamount - look after number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

ferdi wrote:
    Brilliant answer ferdi; I loved it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Frankieboy wrote:
    Maybe light a match or something? Does that work? Im sure a lighter would work also, if matches are a problem.:D
    As a ski-holiday sharing an apartment with 5 other heavy drinking guys taught me, striking a match does indeed work...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Just pray you don't have an unflushable floater! i recommend a starting a high fiber diet now so as to avoid this potential problem!

if only all lifes problems could be flushed away so easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Throw some toilet paper in the bowl before you go so you dont get a splash, turn on the tap if you're really paranoid. Spray/match for the smell. Or you could just pick up the paper and tell say "well, time for a poo" and just go.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

ferdi wrote:

*pins medal on ferdi*

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

funk-you wrote:
    Throw some toilet paper in the bowl before you go so you don't get a splash, turn on the tap if you're really paranoid. Spray/match for the smell. Or you could just pick up the paper and tell say "well, time for a poo" and just go.

-Funk

Almost right funk ...
    Throw some toilet paper in the bowl before you go so that the turd sits up nicely out of the water to allow the odours waft around do not flush :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

In all fairness, she's gonna have to go to the loo aswell. I was on a college field trip last year, sharing a hotel room with 2 girls in my class, we just did what we had to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Do it with the shower on :)

It's funny how everyone must have thought about this at some stage but yet it's something every human has to do. It's like being embaressed about blinking or breathing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Do it while she's in the shower. Chat to her through the shower curtain.

Don't flush in case you scald her in the shower. Let her flush it away when she's done.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭armitage_skanks

I guess when you go away for the first time, you want everything to be perfect, and disappearing into the jacks for half an hour with a copy of the sun under your arm isnt exactly romantic. Just go easy on the curries and you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

just dont do what one of my mates did when I was sharing with him

pooed in the bath
    peed in the sink

not pleasant.

i cant believe that ye are even discussing this here<
    uncivilised or what !
    do u even have a toilet at home ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

i cant believe that ye are even discussing this here<
    uncivilised or what !
    do u even have a toilet at home ?

What's so uncivilised?

Even Prince Charles has to use the bathroom around Camilla!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

great, thanks Slumped, thanks for bringing up the topic of the Royals, I just got a mental image of the Queen on the bog with an awfull dose of bad digestion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

If it's brown flush it down. If it's yella leave it fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

what u should do is secretly rent out another room in the hotel or wherever and use that for goin for a crap. or u could say something like "OH MY GOD! U NEED TO GO TO THE SHOP QUICK AND BUY ME SOME ANTI-LEPROSY TABLETS!" or some other item. then while shes gone u can see Mr Brown and his friends off to the seaside in peace!

luckily in my house i have an en suite and a main toilet on the landing. if i ever need to go when i have company, i leave the room and go next door! theres like 2 layers of walls in between so its handy for sound and smell purposes! haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Ah yous men are funny!!!
    Honestly she wont care - like its human nature, spray some lynx or similar afterwards or open window / leave fan on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

don;t mind the women! they dont know what they're talkin about! would u go around fartin in front of her? NO! even though "its natural"!!! easiest thing to do is wait til shes asleep! after all, would u wanna see her havin a big dirty crap? it'd turn u off a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The_B_Man wrote:
    don;t mind the women! they dont know what they're talkin about! would u go around fartin in front of her? NO! even though "its natural"!!! easiest thing to do is wait til shes asleep! after all, would u wanna see her havin a big dirty crap? it'd turn u off a bit.

girls don't go number 2. girls don't go number 2. girls don't go number 2.
    girls don't go number 2. girls don't go number 2. girls don't go number 2.
    right?

What if you let a really huge, smelly fart ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Everyone goes to the toilet. Fact.

Just close the door first for the love of God, and most hotel bathrooms will have extractors anyway.

After 6 years living with my bf, such relationship issues seem trivial ( as indeed they are)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just close the door, don't laugh if you fart loudly (try spreading your cheeks if it's worrying you that much), and make sure to use a brush if you leave any residue.

Flush the toilet, wash your hands, and then check the seat for any liquid (often, water can splash up while the toilet is flushing - you can get the blame). If it smells, it smells. She's not under any illusions about your **** not smelling. If you're *really* worried, tell her not to go in there for five minutes and leave the window open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement