Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OUR MOD IS BEING IMPERSONATED, i.e 'muffler' North-West Forum. ?...

Options
  • 24-04-2006 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Muffler is being maliciously impersonated ?..

It has become clear that our highly respected moderator 'muffler' is under attack from one or more weirdo's.

Please see my thread on the 'help desk' under system and help stop this unwarranted stupidity NOW !, by posting your honest view/opinion's ?...

Thanks.

P. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Is it a question or a statement?..
    Yes?..

Other users cannot post on the same thread in HelpDesk ?..
    I thought Muffler had posted a warning here last night ?..

In fairness, it's obviously not the Muffler -as the username is different, and there's stars missing,and... so many reasons... ugh ?..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

My honest view / opinion is you should stop posting about this, its being looked after.

He's been banned every time he re-regged.

Banlist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Silverfish wrote:
    My honest view / opinion is you should stop posting about this, its being looked after.

He's been banned every time he re-regged.

Banlist

Lets get real here, people are still responding and answering a A THREAD on the North-West forum started by this or these imposters ?...

If I do not point out this gross injustice, That is continuing, then who the hell will :rolleyes:

You're the imposter ! ?..
    nobody could be that sad ?..
    Reported ?..

I'll let you work it out ?..

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I see no reason to desist posting in that thread. If the mods had a problem with it, they'd have closed it.

• Advertisement

Karoma wrote:
    You're the imposter ! ?..
    nobody could be that sad ?..
    Reported ?..

I'll let you work it out ?..

Thank you Karoma, if pointing out that a thread by these sicko's who are trying to discredit the good reputation of an excellent moderator, that we are lucky enough to have here in the North West, makes me the guilty party, then God help us all :(.

Paddy20 wrote:
    Thank you Karoma, if pointing out that a thread by these sicko's who are trying to discredit the good reputation of an excellent moderator, that we are lucky enough to have here in the North West, makes me the guilty party, then God help us all :(.

It's rather odd that one would persist in giving air to obvious trolling - both in Help Desk and here ?..

God help us, indeed ?..

Anyway, good luck with that. I'm off to watch Grumpy Old Men ?..

I think the use of the words 'sickos' and 'gross injustice' is a little stong, and you need to calm down.

HYPERBOLE ROCKS!!cos0!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Paddy20, you're just making this worse?..

• Advertisement

byte wrote:
    I see no reason to desist posting in that thread. If the mods had a problem with it, they'd have closed it.

Have you not noticed that there is a full stop after muffler, the thread starter, therefore it is not the genuine 'muffler' who started the thread, and that name i.e. muffler. has been banned making the thread (while interesting) still invalid.

By posting on it, as I have myself, shows how gullible we all are, but what about defending the innocent :rolleyes: .

Paddy20 wrote:
    By posting on it, as I have myself, shows how gullible we all are, but what about defending the innocent :rolleyes: .
    gullible is not the word I'd use ?..

:cool:

Look, everyone knows its not the genuine muffler who started the thread, muffler. ( with the full stop) has been banned.

Banned

Not sure what more you want.

Paddy20 wrote:
    It has become clear that our highly respected moderator 'muffler' is under attack from one or more weirdo's.
    There is no such user as 'muffler'. There is a muffler' but no 'muffler'. There is also a .muffler a muffler, and a muffler. But there is not only a muffler,, .muffler, and a muffler. - there is also a muffler. Which one should we ban?.. Or shall I just ban them all?..

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

if muffler is a respected mod then he must have a certain amount of posts. ban the muffler with only one or two posts :D

Such actions would be disgusting and IMMORAL and illegal and a travesty and the world may end ?..
    Can we risk it ?..
    BAN 'EM! BAN 'EM ALL!

Gordon wrote:
    There is no such user as 'muffler'. There is a muffler' but no 'muffler'. There is also a .muffler a muffler, and a muffler. But there is not only a muffler,, .muffler, and a muffler. - there is also a muffler. Which one should we ban?.. Or shall I just ban them all?..

Gordon,

Thanks for pointing out all the different variations relating to the real muffler, which is the only member name/moderator that I have found in the listings, so why not go direct and ask him "Who is the real muffler/moderator of the North - West forum ?...and ban the rest, if you have the Authority ?...

God help us all indeed.

Can you see my posts?

THEY ARE ALREADY BANNED.

Paddy20 wrote:
    Gordon,

Thanks for pointing out all the different variations relating to the real muffler,
    So the real mod is actually muffler,?.. I'm pretty sure I banned muffler,. Should I unban muffler,?

Actually Paddy20, can you please link me all the muffler pseudonyms that are not the mod in question that you can find? Do this by going to each user and clicking on their name and viewing their profile. Then go up to the top bar on your browser and copy the URL. This is yours for example:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=6836

Do that and get back to me and I'll look into it, otherwise I can't be 100% with what you are saying.

Take your time.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Paddy20 wrote:
    Have you not noticed that there is a full stop after muffler, the thread starter, therefore it is not the genuine 'muffler' who started the thread, and that name i.e. muffler. has been banned making the thread (while interesting) still invalid.

Yes, I have noticed, after making my initial post. Whether the original poster is banned or not is irrelevant to me, as the thread is still open and thus the topic is still valid for discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,937 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Right lads (and lassies). Just got finished work and after seeing this. Thanks for highlighting this and the support also.

Yes we had a few problems over the last day or two with some prick trying to first of all trying to impersonate the one and only muffler ;) and then passing some not so nice comments - certainly not family entertainment.

I think Gordon has matters under control but an IP check might not go amiss.

As the old bible saying goes - I know my flock and my flock know me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote:
    As the old bible saying goes - I know my flock and my flock know me :)

Aye, you would know your sheep alright.:D

Gordon wrote:
    So the real mod is actually muffler,?.. I'm pretty sure I banned muffler,. Should I unban muffler,?

Actually Paddy20, can you please link me all the muffler pseudonyms that are not the mod in question that you can find? Do this by going to each user and clicking on their name and viewing their profile. Then go up to the top bar on your browser and copy the URL. This is yours for example:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=6836

Do that and get back to me and I'll look into it, otherwise I can't be 100% with what you are saying.

Take your time.

Gordon,

Maybe I am missing something, but I regard this issue as very serious, and I think you are making little of it.

Simply contact the real muffler via whatever means you wish, and perhaps he might enlighten you. As I am bored and insulted with your ramblings and Hitler photo !.

So, I am leaving my communication with you here. In the hope that DeVore, Regi or Cloud will resolve the maliciouus imposter/imposters debacle.Once and for all.

Good luck.

Please continue your effort.
    Somebody must.
    Try the Report Post function.
    For it will alert the appropriate authoritaii.
    Unneccessary threads just create more hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,937 ✭✭✭✭muffler

byte wrote:
    Yes, I have noticed, after making my initial post. Whether the original poster is banned or not is irrelevant to me, as the thread is still open and thus the topic is still valid for discussion.
    i have left that thread open as its going well so feel free to post any comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Gordon wrote:

Please forgive me for going off topic here.

Gordon,

That reminded me of Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister, and the ramblings of Sir Humphrey. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Will the real slim Muffler please stand up - please stand up.

smashey wrote:
    Please forgive me for going off topic here.

Gordon,

That reminded me of Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister, and the ramblings of Sir Humphrey. Brilliant.

Smashey,

Totally agree, but Sir Humphrey had the gift, which Gordon missed out on :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Look Even the blessed mod has given the thread a star, so stop being so pedantic before you have a heart attack, christ relax a bit, take up a hobby, fish or chuck some stones at your wall or something. Christ do you have to complain about everything?

• Advertisement

Paddy20 wrote:
    Smashey,

Totally agree, but Sir Humphrey had the gift, which Gordon missed out on :D .

Ah, I don't know -

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement