Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrie - Gail's Cards..

Options
  • 24-04-2006 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭

Speculation time..

Who's responsible for the cards arriving, supposedly from Richard Hillman?

Anyone think she has actually gone nuts and is sending them to herself? I can't think of anyone who could be sending them. Been racking my brains! I don't reckon it's Eileen..

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

i reckon its David! he's jealous of blokes getting attention from other blokes and doesnt want Gail to have any other men in her life but him now that Martin is gone!

my GF does think that its Violet sending the cards tho cos Sarah took Jason on her but i really couldnt see that being true cos Violet wasnt even around when the whole Richard thing happened!

Would love there to be some massive twist to make it really exciting but i really dont see it being any1 else but David!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

but sure how do ye explain the richard look alike that les supposedly had in his cab..sorry havent seen it in yonks so i dunno was this resolved yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Femmy wrote:
    but sure how do ye explain the richard look alike that les supposedly had in his cab..sorry havent seen it in yonks so i dunno was this resolved yet...
    of course it's not... who know's how long they are going to drag it out for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jazmataz

It'll probably end up being some long lost twin brother or something completely stupid like that.... i hate when stories get dragged out longer than they need to be...

thy were talking about having a brother/twin brother of richard come back for revenge but thats a bit far fetched for corrie i think thats more melrose place or something!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Lots of rumours circulating about this storyline. I heard that it was Eileen, though find that hard to believe.

Personally I reckon its David, cos he doesn't want he's Mum getting involved with another bloke.

But the rumour that really has to be laughed at is that the actor that played Richard Hillman is to return, though not as Richard, but as an identical twin brother, and seeks revenge for Richards death. Sounds a bit low key for Corrie though, if ya ask me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭michaela

well i dont think its gail and i dont think its eileen or david either, i do think however that its a bit suspicious that archie shuttleworth has come back after being away for so long, and he has motive, memba the reason he left? it was because he told audrey he loved her but she didnt love him back, and look at the way shes using his shoulder to cry on i think hes the secret sender and its all a ploy to get together wit audrey!!!

michaela wrote:
    well i dont think its gail and i dont think its eileen or david either, i do think however that its a bit suspicious that archie shuttleworth has come back after being away for so long, and he has motive, memba the reason he left? it was because he told audrey he loved her but she didnt love him back, and look at the way shes using his shoulder to cry on i think hes the secret sender and its all a ploy to get together wit audrey!!!

hmmmm thats an interesting 1 alright and it makes sense why he's back but there have been people saying that Gail will get "the shock of her life when the truth comes out" about the cards so i dont see it being archie just cos it wouldnt be so hard for gail to take if ya get wat i mean??!!

jobonar wrote:
    hmmmm thats an interesting 1 alright and it makes sense why he's back but there have been people saying that Gail will get "the shock of her life when the truth comes out" about the cards so i dont see it being archie just cos it wouldnt be so hard for gail to take if ya get wat i mean??!!

yeh ano wot ya mean i dunno tho cos its ded obvious 4 it 2 b phil dnt ya think, i wan it 2 b phil like cos itll b a good story line and its a bit of a coincidence that hes doin a thesis on serial killers minds. but neway not long 2 w8 its this week tha we find out!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ash1977

My theory behind the cards is as follows.

Before his death, Richard signed up with a Greeting Card Agency. You supply them with the list of recipiants and dates etc, and they send the cards out for you. Busy Executives do it al the time to avoid missing a loved ones birthday, or worse, their own anniversary.

Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Ash1977 wrote:

Before his death, Richard signed up with a Greeting Card Agency. You supply them with the list of recipiants and dates etc, and they send the cards out for you. Busy Executives do it al the time to avoid missing a loved ones birthday, or worse, their own anniversary.

Just a thought.

i really hope thats not it, but it does sound plausable. I'd love for it to be phil too :)

Ash1977 wrote:

Just a thought.

if that was it then why are they only just coming now? why didnt they start when he very first died?

Ash1977 wrote:

Just a thought.

it is a possability alright but it would be a very dull end to something they have built up for so long...

i'd like it to be phil but i just dont see it being him because he's too obvious...

still sticking with david! what night do we find out????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

michaela wrote:
    yeh ano wot ya mean i dunno tho cos its ded obvious 4 it 2 b phil dnt ya think, i wan it 2 b phil like cos itll b a good story line and its a bit of a coincidence that hes doin a thesis on serial killers minds. but neway not long 2 w8 its this week tha we find out!!!!!

oh my god girl, did you type that from your phone? surely you have a keyboard with all the keys working...oh and get this, unlimited space!

very hard to read. it hurt my eyes.

very good theory Ash, could well be it too...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Femmy wrote:
    oh my god girl, did you type that from your phone? surely you have a keyboard with all the keys working...oh and get this, unlimited space!

very hard to read. it hurt my eyes.

very good theory Ash, could well be it too...

Femmy's right, I didn't even read the post once I saw that text, skipped right over it!

I do think it's David as well, looking for attention and that Gail will kick him out when she finds out, then David will get into trouble etc. etc. and Gail will welcome him back! So far it's been dragging on far too long.

Ok, whats the story here. Haven't seen much of the soaps lately.

Is it David or what? I putting my money on that thug anyway. I hope Gail drives a knife through him then when she finds out or something, anything just to get rid of him, he's so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I think its rosie(goth girl)....I know it doesnt make sense but I just have this wierd sneaking suspicion........

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Gail will
    find out who is sending the cards next Sunday 22may. I don't know who it is, but it is someone close to her and she decides not to go to the police with the identity. That makes me think it is David. However when she tells Sarah and Audrey they do want her to go to the police. That makes me think it can't be David.

That said I don't really care at this stage, they should have ended this storyline about 2 weeks ago. Tbh there isn't a single story at the minute worth tuning in for, although I may
    watch next week, for the big denouement, but it better be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭*Lolly*

jobonar wrote:
    i reckon its David! he's jealous of blokes getting attention from other blokes and doesnt want Gail to have any other men in her life but him now that Martin is gone!

my GF does think that its Violet sending the cards tho cos Sarah took Jason on her but i really couldnt see that being true cos Violet wasnt even around when the whole Richard thing happened!

Would love there to be some massive twist to make it really exciting but i really dont see it being any1 else but David!

I Agree.... He's one Twisted little boy............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

This is what I have read about the upcoming conclusion of this story, some of which leads on from tonight's episode (Sunday 14th May). Pretty massive spoilage so be aware of this before reading.
    David was tonight shown complaining of feeling ill to his mother, shortly before the phonecall from Phil. In the episode on Tuesday night this week - moved from Wednesday to avoid clashing with the Champions League final - EDIT: Digital Spy said Tuesday a few days ago, but it now looks like there will be a double episode on Friday night instead. Gail will return home in the middle of the day to check up on her poorly son, who is staying in from school, only to discover on the kitchen table another "Richard" card addressed as a "get well soon" wish to David. David will argue that it must be Phil as he would have a key to the house. On this latest card there will be a small spot of blood which Audrey will notice. It is believed that Gail later notices a papercut on David's hand. While in David's room, Gail finds an unsigned birthday card, not enough evidence to be conclusive, but with so much circumstantial evidence, Gail goes about setting up a trap to test if it is her son behind the Hillman cards. While discussing the cards alone with David, she drops into the conversation about how the next Friday is Richard Hillman's birthday, and that she is afraid her torturer will send another card that day. Unbeknownst to David , Friday is in fact not Richard's birthday, but Gail knows that if David was aware of this he would probably have corrected her - the trap is set. Come Friday morning nothing arrives in the post and Gail is confused, probably relieved that her suspicions about David were apparently incorrect, but also worried because of a call from the police regarding Phil's presence in the area. David heads off for school, but shortly afterwards Keith (Craig's grandad) from next door comes round with a card, which the postman has pushed through his letterbox by mistake. Gail is devastated at the confirmation that the person who has been making her life hell is none other than her own son. She doesn't know how to handle the situation and confides in Sarah, requesting that Sarah keep quiet about this. Sarah however spills the beans to her gran at the salon. Later when Gail is told the police have arrested someone in relation to the matter she tells the police that she doesn't wish to pursue the investigation any further. Audrey urges Gail to tell the police the truth and let them deal with David, but Gail continues to keep the secret while at the same time trying to apologise to those whom she had accused in the wrong eg. Eileen Grimshaw.

• Advertisement

I knew it was him and Gail finally cop'd on last night!! Bout time!

talk about dragging the storyline out to the last. This story could have been wrapped up weeks ago. Its so bloody obvious that its been
    David
    all along.

memphis wrote:
    talk about dragging the storyline out to the last. This story could have been wrapped up weeks ago.

SO true! should have been wrapped up about 2 weeks ago anyway! thy must be stuck for storylines so dragging the current one's out as long as thy can!

important question though
    why the hell would he do that?

cos he doesn't look Gail getting attention from blokes! he's jealous little **** who wants Gail to himself so thats why he tried to make it out to be Phil sending the cards to get him outta the picture and it worked!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

cos he doesn't look Gail getting attention from blokes! he's jealous little **** who wants Gail to himself so thats why he tried to make it out to be Phil sending the cards to get him outta the picture and it worked!!

But why continue doing it?

dunno! in case phil came back? scare her off men for good? or maybe he's just plain evil?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

He acts like a rat and he looks like one too! Does anyone else think this?! Aagh I can't stand David, can't wait to see him get his comeuppance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 squeaksqueak

Help! I've just managed to sleep through the WHOLE of Corrie!!!! Yes, I know, bad move! Can anyone tell me what happened? I think I read that Gail was supposed to "unmask" her tormentor tonight, if so - who was it? I have reckoned for ages it was Sarah!! She's always been a bit unhinged, ever since falling pregnant at 13!!!

Help me! I need to know!

Squeak squeak!!

• Advertisement

thy should have locked David up last night! he got away lightly!!

That was a lovely slap Audrey got David with tho!:) :eek:

Advertisement