Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we 'Eat too much' in the N.West ?...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭muffler

maxruby wrote:
    Is there farmers markets?
    In Ballybofey on Friday mornings too. 10 am till 2pm I think. Paddy20 might know for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Paddy20 wrote:

I believe we eat far too much than is good for us, apparently 3 square meals a day is still regarded as normal, when in fact 'one' - good hearty meal a day - with a couple of lighter meals (In between), should suffice !, unless someone is involved in heavy manual labour.

The 'shockingly high' incidence of obesity,heart disease, cancer, etc, just has to be associated mainly with our eating habits.:eek:

Do you think our ' eating habits ' could do with a radical re-think on health grounds ?.....:confused:

P. :cool:

I have removed any *ref to our ' Alcohol consumption or abuse thereof ' as that serious issue merits ' a thread of it's own '. Mod's I have tried to edit my original 'Thread starter post, but there is no edit button after a certain time. If you can change the original post to the above wording, please go ahead.

Paddy20 wrote:
    Mod's I have tried to edit my original 'Thread starter post, but there is no edit button after a certain time. If you can change the original post to the above wording, please go ahead.
    Your wish is my command Paddy.

Done

Johnny255,
    johnny255 wrote:
    muffler wrote:

Well you must b a TAD bit large if you think you should cut down to 1 good meal a day! now thats just crazy!

1 meal a day, WTF

You have used an answer to me from Muffler as a direct quote from me (In your 'Original' post!), those are not my words :confused: Slight bit of confusion here, methinks .

Good man Paddy, thats a banning offense. He wont misquote you again

• Advertisement

johnny255 banned

smashey wrote:
    Paddy

Alcohol consumption is to blame for a lot of social problems. Too much food would contribute more to health problems. The battles that occur on our streets every weekend have nothing to do with too many spuds being consumed. We should differentiate between binge eating and binge drinking.

I agree with most of your post, but 'hyperactivity' amongst the young can generally be helped with diet modification ?...;) .

So I will leave it in your very capable hands to start a " Alcohol consumption in the North West ' thread. ;)

Do you have any muffler steaks there for the BBQ Paddy? :p

Not yet, but I am working on it ?...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

lads this thread is all over the gaff but hew thats the crazy life of the north west.

paddy as you are are the thread starter, what about a poll.

Anyone willing to share the details of a daily dinner or food intake for a couple of days.

Just a thought

nanook wrote:
    lads this thread is all over the gaff but hew thats the crazy life of the north west.

paddy as you are are the thread starter, what about a poll.

Anyone willing to share the details of a daily dinner or food intake for a couple of days.

Just a thought

Yes, should have made it a poll from the start, now I must think of the right questions in order to get a fair and balanced poll result ?.. ;) .

• Advertisement

Poll started.

I have started a poll on this subject. There are only 2 questions and your answers would be much apprecited :) .

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dun na nGal

:confused: i think we need the extra few lbs to keep us cosy , we are the most northern county after all !

Advertisement