Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For those who have the station, Sky Atlantic are screening Errol Morris' fascinating portrait of the tricksy Donald Rumsfeld The Unknown Known on Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Yeah Sky Atlantic are doing a documentary blitz all this month and beyond, looks very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

mike65 wrote: »
    Deadly Pursuit (1988) Tom Berenger, Kirstie Alley and Sidney Poitier in this good but hardly seen (these days) chase drama in the Rockies. Dir Roger Spottiswoode (Under Fire etc).

BBC2 Saturday night/Sunday morning at 12.00 midnight

Good flick that alright - good ol 80's fare

Inception is on tonight @ 9.30 RTE2, must watch it again, never got all the love for it so must see if i was missing something

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The Naked Gun is on now on Film 4, will be starting on Film 4 +1 in 15 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Andromeda Strain is on Film4 next Monday at 3.50pm. A hugely under-rated science fiction drama in my opinion.

and its in the proper 2.35:1 ratio :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

mike65 wrote: »
    Andromeda Strain is on Film4 next Monday at 3.50pm. A hugely under-rated science fiction drama in my opinion.

Loved that as a kid - based on a Crichton novel I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 McGeough123

The classic 'Airplane' is on tonight at 12:30am. (Don't call me Shirley!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Citizen Kane is on BBC2 at 14:00 - I need say no more about that - but is it a coincidence that RTE2 is showing Me and Orson Welles at 15:05? I saw this in preview just before it came out, and quite enjoyed it. Directed by Richard Linklater, it's set around 1937 when Welles was still an up-and-coming actor and theatre producer. Welles is putting on a production of Julius Caesar, when a young aspiring actor (Zac Efron) wanders in to the Mercury Theater and gets cast in the play. The real star of the show is Christian McKay as Orson Welles - a larger-than-life character with outsize appetites ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

One I hesitate to recommend, since it's so bad, but which I still enjoyed and is perfect for when you get back from the pub: The Sweetest Thing, midnight, 3e. Cameron Diaz, Christina Applegate, Selma Blair in what can only be described as an attempt to out-do the Farrelly Brothers, with women who spend a lot of time in just their underwear. Includes a scene involving senior citizens and a song about a penis, what happens when the women are forced to use a disgusting men's toilet at a garage, and (surprisingly) a wedding where all works out for the best. Definitely not boring, in other words. One of those "so bad it's good" films, perhaps? :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Predator & Predator 2 double bill on Film 4 from 9 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Predator & Predator 2 double bill on Film 4 from 9 tonight.

During the World Cup! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

catallus wrote: »
    Film4, 23:10: Under Siege 2: Dark Territory

Probably the greatest exegesis of the human soul ever committed to celluloid, the passage of 20 years has not dulled the fearsome edge of the probing scalpel which is this film. Does the word "film" even do this cinematic achievement justice? I think not.

To witness Seagal strut his stuff is a joy; he wears his unsurpassed thespian skills as lightly and as naturally as a custom-made suit and he performs in his role here as sure-footedly and as confidently as an ibex might as it grazes contentedly on the slope of a Galician meadow.

He is of course accompanied by an invariably stellar cast, my favourite being Eric Bogosian as the dastardly evil genius who pithily delivers his razor-sharp dialogue which accentuates the majestic action sequences which culminate in a denouement which is so breathtaking in its pathos that the bard himself would rise from his seat and demand an encore.

It is really good.

I love your writing, I kinda want to watch this now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Office Space is on Comedy Central at 11pm tonight, well worth a look

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/office_space/

The rather brilliant The Good, The Bad and the Weird is on Rte2 later tonight. Not sure of time but as it's not in English I'd assume it's in a dead time slot

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Hey folks, I created this twitter account to tweet the movies on saorview 5mins before they air. @saorviewmovies in case anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Hey folks, I created this twitter account to tweet the movies on saorview 5mins before they air. @saorviewmovies in case anyone is interested.

5 mins is too short, should be somewhere between 15 mins and an hour.

GarIT wrote: »
    5 mins is too short, should be somewhere between 15 mins and an hour.

Cool, if enough people care I'll change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Cool, if enough people care I'll change it.

Or try @IrishTV_films

Elmo wrote: »

Ya, I came across that after. Not sure if its automated or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Final Analysis 1992 on BBC1 12.25 AM Saturday/Sunday night

Saw this years ago, it seems to divide opinion between those who like its post noir stylings and them who reckon its a load of pretentious bollocks with Richard Gere. :p Its very nicely made (whatever happened to Phil Joanou?) and everyone looks fabulous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Anything good on tonight, around 9pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Fitting for the day that's in it with Gerry Conlon being laid to rest, In The Name Of The Father is on RTE2 tonight at 11.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Veronica Guerin is on RTE 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 apricotpie

Office Space was on Comedy Extra. I recorded it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Michael Mann's The Keep is on Film4 tonight at 11.35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

SexyKiller - Morirás por ella (2008) on the Horror Channel tonight at 10.50 in Spanish with subs as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Godammit!! Nobody told me About A Boy was on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

FunLover18 wrote: »

I'm really sorry that I didn't warn everyone to avoid the channel, I'm sorry you had to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

FunLover18 wrote: »

Great film.
    Watched it again last night.
    Grant is brilliant in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

The Armstrong Lie
    Channel 4, 21:00-23:35

Documentary by Oscar-winner Alex Gibney about Lance Armstrong's participation in the 2009 Tour de France, which the filmmaker stopped working on in 2012 when it was revealed that the cyclist had used performance-enhancing drugs to achieve his seven titles. In 2013, just hours after admitting in an interview with Oprah Winfrey that he had used banned substances, Armstrong spoke to Gibney to explain his actions.

Advertisement