Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My friend becoming Satanic

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

If anything I'd be more worried about his taste in music.
    And yeah...the hygiene. Your friend is obviously one of life's angry outcasts.

LaVeyan Satanism barely qualifies as a religion, anyway. It's basically "do whatever you want, but don't be stupid or hurt kids/animals." For all teh cvlt p30p1e!!1!cos0
    malico wrote:
    Well, as smelly as Christians, Jews, Buddists and Islamics
    Don't forget Atheists and Agnostics! /pac-man smiley

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

OP
    there is nothing to worry about, your mate is a normal teenager.
    tell him to go have a shower.
    Earthman wrote:
    Westlife are great singers-indeed I have their Sinatra collection on my ipod....

now if your mate was this poster, I'd suggest professional help asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

HE IS NOT A GOTH. NO ONE WHO FORSAKES HYGIENE IS.
    DEFINITION:GOTH!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

the other day on the street he stamped on a spider in what he said was a satanic ritual...should i be worried?

He could just be depressed. I listen to music that makes Marilyn Manson look like Barney, does that mean I'm Satanic? Nope.

Besides, Satanism is more about worshiping oneself as your own god as opposed to idolising the devil.

Now then, as for your mate, he may just be a bit depressed over something, maybe have a chat with him?

As for the hygiene? Tell him to shower, i have never met a rocker chick yet who would choose a smell boy over a not smelly boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

To be honest I'd be more worried if he'd become a born again Christian, or similar.

The smell could be irritating, though, I can see. Wacky religious beliefs are no excuse for poor hygiene!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I listen to metal. My boyfriend makes me sacrafice goats. The two are not related.

The satanic church will have it's day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Dragan wrote:
    He could just be depressed. I listen to music that makes Marilyn Manson look like Barney

:rolleyes:

Claps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I listen to music that makes Marilyn Manson look like Barney

What music would that be now?

(curious)

MojoMaker wrote:
    :rolleyes:

Claps.

Did you have a point here or do you just like quoting people out of context?

My point was made with reference to muscial taste ( or other people apparent perception of that music ) having nothing to do with religious orientation.

If you have an issue with this then please speak up dude.

simu wrote:
    What music would that be now?

(curious)

Just stuff like Carcass, Mayhem, Decpaitated, In Flames ( early stuff ) and all that good good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

People lets try keep this on topic, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I guess I'm the only one that thought the original post was a troll?

In case you're serious, there's nothing wrong with your friend. He's different from you, he likes a different kind of music and is hanging out with a different social group, if you will. Personal hygiene tho is a must anyway, but he'll cop onto that soon enough I imagine.
    the other day on the street he stamped on a spider in what he said was a satanic ritual...should i be worried?

If he did say this, in all likelihood he said it to freak you out, because you obviously have a problem with his new lifestyle/clothes/friends/music/whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I am sorry but I listen to heavy metal music and I occaisionally get the goth gear on for a concert or something but does that make me a satanist as i like these wierdo bands.

This person has either become a complete and utter stoner or is crying out for attention. Maybe both. Look at it realistically. You hang around with rockers and smell bad and you dress like a goth. All things to get peoples attention. Give him a good kick up the hole and tell him to cop on before he gets the chance to tell you how much "his parents just dont understand him" and how "his life is an eternal abyss of misery and pain". Tell him to cop the fcuk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Yet again all this "satanic rituals". Grabbing peoples attention. Ignore it.

Advertisement