Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My friend becoming Satanic

Options
  • 07-04-2006 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey, one of my friends has recently started listening to goth music, he likes marilyn manson and slayer and other wierdo bands and has recently began to smell really bad, his personal hygiene has just gone out the window and all he seems to do these days is mop around his house all day feeling sorry for himself, he also keeps proclaiming his love for the devil which is quite disturbing, he brought his rocker mates over the other day and they all absoloutely stunk, they were all losers as well, like the type you'd absoloutely rip it out in school, are all rockers smelly losers? Is this how rockers act or is my mate in some sort of depression?

the other day on the street he stamped on a spider in what he said was a satanic ritual...should i be worried?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭sachamama

yes you should worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My boyfriend is exactly like your mate. Get him help now before the satanic church start reeling him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

So your friend like's heavy metal music, has let his hygene slip a little and has killed a spider :eek:
    You go get him help right now, you hear me? He'll thank you in years to come :rolleyes:

BTW: I like Marilyn Manson, does that make me Satanic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Erm.. you might want to start by doing a quick google search and finding out who and what "Satanic" people are and again what the Church of Satan represent. Personally I'd be no more worried about anyone being "Satanic" than I would someone Catholic, Jewish or Muslim etc. Quick heads up: Satanic people don't believe in the devil.. Devilworshippers believe in the devil - as do other religions.

Apart from that, as long as your friend isn't hurting anyone I don't really see the problem? It's everyones personal choice whether they become a smelly goth rocker or not and apart from telling your mate to bathe occasionally and supporting his choice, there's not much else you should do.

Chances are this is a phase he'll grow out of and the less attention you pay to it the quicker he'll grow out of it. Chancers are also that this is how he'll live the rest of his life. Do you like him enough to still be his friend if it is?

As for killing spiders - I don't agree with it at all. However you should see the rituals I do with a can of Baygon and a cockroach or grasshopper. I'm also pretty mean with bleach and a line of ants in a kitchen!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

..should i be worried?

About him or you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

The only recorded cure is to..
    Drop two panadol into a can of diet coke, leave in the fridge over night and consume with vigour followed by pure E123.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

should i be worried?
    Yes. You're going seriously paranoid. Chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Its obvious what the problem is..........He's a feckin teenager. Don't worry he is trying to be different and fit in at the same time.......

Now if he started to buy westlife cd's and proclaim that Brian McFadden was the win, then I would get really worried :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

To get the full meaning of satanic go here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sounds like your mate is 'going through a phase'

gandalf wrote:
    Now if he started to buy westlife cd's and proclaim that Brian McFadden was the win, then I would get really worried :D

But Brian McFadden left Westlife a long time ago-Keep up Gandalf :D
    Westlife are great singers-indeed I have their Sinatra collection on my ipod...

Point to the OP don't be worried-yer mans personal hygene will soon clear when he discovers girls (or boys)
    theres nothing wrong with a particular kind of music.
    Being rebelious also is a natural common phase that we all go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Can anyone else smell a troll?

OP: apologies if your post is genuine.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hes trying to find himself, and hopefully he will before things start to grow in his armpits. He sounds mid teens and this kinda thing is normal! Tho if hes 35, yeah, be worried...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Your mate isnt satanic, he's just a pubescent twat. Dont worry he'll grow out of it.

You do need to tell him that he's a smelly bastard though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Be careful if you're a goat. I hear they sacrafice them. Also if you're a blonde virgin who's very attractive be careful also. They treat them like goats.

You should be very worried. My advice is tie him up and get a exorcisim asap (you can get it from any local church and it costs about €6.66)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Minimosher phase. Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

hey, one of my friends has recently started listening to goth music, he likes marilyn manson and slayer and other wierdo bands and has recently began to smell really bad, his personal hygiene has just gone out the window and all he seems to do these days is mop around his house all day feeling sorry for himself, he also keeps proclaiming his love for the devil which is quite disturbing, he brought his rocker mates over the other day and they all absoloutely stunk, they were all losers as well, like the type you'd absoloutely rip it out in school, are all rockers smelly losers? Is this how rockers act or is my mate in some sort of depression?

the other day on the street he stamped on a spider in what he said was a satanic ritual...should i be worried?

First tell his parents. If he's listening to manson he's probably doing his best to get his hands on a gun so he can shoot everyone he knows. Act while you can.

Don't get too close to him either, if he doesnt get a gun soon he'll probably slit his wrists. So don't piss him off either he might mention you in his suicide note.

There's no way he prefers that music or image. He's depressed. Help him out, patronise his friends, tell him he looks stupid. Thats the best way to help a kid realising Goth is WRONG

If you want you could bring him to a Born Again Christian Church, if he realises Jesus died for his sins he might stop being different.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=11774614&blogID=97780965&MyToken=126eea28-b9e7-4b7c-994e-71dd7ba14cd8

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lolerz @ the blog. OP: you're overreacting. Your mate sounds like he's found music that you don't like, and is now trying to "fit in" with his fellow goths. As for the Satanic thing, no worries. Only if he starts to worship the devil should you worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

should i be worried?
    Abosolutely not...he's going through a phase.

I've listened to Slayer for 20yrs and although the lyrics are satanical, its what sells. But their music is great if thats your cup of tea.

If he progresses from spiders to chickens maybe he's taking it a bit far.

And they all smell, but he'll soon realise that the girls won't go near him unless he starts taking a shower every day.

Slayer are tame compared to most thrash & death metal bands. Wait till he discovers Deicide....

Just bring him to the next Gods Kitchen in the Point. AWWWW WHA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Slayer are tame compared to most thrash & death metal bands. Wait till he discovers Deicide....

oohh love Deicide!!

Would take more than liking Deicide to worry me about a mate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

if one of my mates turned in to a smelly rocker, he'd be cut quicker than a foreskin in Israel.

But that's just my point of view. I guess as long as he's happy its ok. But if he's getting you down all the time, or pissing you off, the decision is yours.

I don't think theres any point in being worried though. If you don't like it tell him. That's what friends are for. If it's not a problem, then don't let it be one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I think it's crystal clear this person needs professional help and fast:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

so what if the guy is listening to marylin manson and slayer no reason to get worried at all,thats a choice of music nothing to worry about.
    the satan thing and killing spiders is just an attention seeking phase,where he wants attention and ppl to notice him.After all he's an indivual and all that and well wants to freak ppl out but doesnt have a clue what hes talking about,it just all sounds scary.
    As for the not washing well he will soon start if u start making coments like phew has something died,or can u smell that???etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

If you want to have fun with this, you need to get the local priest and all kinds of people from different religious groups to call over to him, to try to save him. Don't take it too seriously. Say that you've been studying harry potter, if he talks about that stuff.

He sounds like he just has bad taste. When I was about 12 I used to Skateboard with a bunch of guys who later became some of the most notorious kids around, feared by some of the tough guys in the year above at school, etc, but I knew them as skaters.

One of the kids said that he used to pray to the devil every night, they would burn crosses upside down, and listen to .... Sepultura. At one point, one of these guys who could only have been 16, tried to offer to pay a girl to sleep with her.

These antics bothered me at the time, but I later realised they were just niave kids who were rebelling and being their version bad, which in practice translated to not really having that good a time.

I don't know what happened to those guys, but I don't think they did anything all that special with their lives...

I also know other guys who went through stages of being Rockers at 15, would beat random people up for no reason, spent all their money on cigarettes and leather jackets and thought they were cool. It's all part of growing up.

But now, those people are complete passivists now and really nice people.... its just a phase.

By the way, for your sake, wash and be well groomed and wear after shave. Girls will notice. Do martial arts and workout. You'll be glad you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Music section:
    Your mate has obviously embracced a style of music that he feels most comfortable with. It is not your taste but, did you ever think he might think the same of you. But you probaly listen to the more popular stream. He is just looking at the, to use a cliche, alternative, style of music. If he is over 18 (But with the spider thing I doubt it) tell him about Fibbers or Dominion. It will show you care. And go with him. Try to listen to it before you make your decisions. I am not a rocker or goth par se, but I like those streams of alternative music. I can also be out in a "normal" club on a Saturday night.
    Goths, Rockers are smelly. But then, so are people that listen to Dance, Pop and any other type of music. You are very much generalising there. People, not a specific group, lack personal hygene. (Also, goth chicks are hot. They wear very little, tight fitting clothes.)

Religion section:
    He's not a satanist. Really. One of the rules of Satanism is
    "Do not kill animals unless you are attacked or for your food"
    How do I know this? I have friends that believe in this. I, being an athiest, accept them, and their choice of being wrong. The same way I accept christianity, islam, buddism etc.
    As the "are all satanists smelly". Well, as smelly as Christians, Jews, Buddists and Islamics. Again its a *personal* hygene problem. Not a group. Try not to generlise.

Malico's Final Thought (r):
    I'd say the OP and his friends are about 15. Yout friend is just trying new things. Embrace this, and accept him. Moreover his killing things saying "It's a satanic ritual" is just childish. Smack him upside the head and tell him to get over himself. We all have differing beliefs with religion and art. The best of us accept people for who they are and not what they listen to or watch or believe.
    Look after youself. And each other

malico wrote:
    ... goth chicks are hot. They wear very little, tight fitting clothes...
    This is a very good point.

To the OP get some holy water and put it in a water pistol. Then fire it at your friend, if he laughs or gets mildly annoyed there is nothing to worry about.

If he SCREAMS and his skin BLISTERS and BUBBLES like some fiendish creature from beyond the pit you should drop him as a friend.

MM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

lmao, classic :D

yes all teen's are evil, but worry not, they grow out of it :)

Advertisement