Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-maxx 3.3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Guys, please, stop arguing, nothing wrong with some debate especially when one of those involved is one his own examples, but when ye start throwing around comments like
    goldwing wrote:
    of coarse its good, so you should'nt really go in to these things if you don't know what your talking abouttongue.gif

You're only going to get personal.

Personally, I agree with coolwings here, though I will admit to having bought from the UK before, as there was no local modelshop and as such ordering in wasn't really a possibility..but if you can get it here, it's generally worth the extra few bucks.

I'm not gonna lock the thread or anything, it's a good debate that I'm always interested in - just try to keep it civil!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The thing is .... hobby shops vary a lot.

There are "fly-by-night guys that sell over the odds,. Mind you the tuning prices I saw in this thread seem unbelievable ... almost. Some "delboys" seem to have no limit on how much they will gouge the innocent.

Next there are the "I want my hobby to pay for itself guys" who sell all their old stuff to pay for the new stuff. I think we all do a bit of that. But some fellows make an art of it - I have seen 2nd hand crap sold to a newbie for more than the cost of brand new stuff. These guys are no help either and put people who meet them off RC, when they're burned .

Then there is the small shop doing its best by selling RC beside (for example) bicycles - because these is not enough modellers living nearby to allow a full hobbyshop to survive. There is no way these guys can make the same prices as a big outfit. Don't expect them to do that. What they do, is get spare parts, fuel, and the rest into your area saving you driving many miles and much RC flying-driving-sailing time.
    Can you afford to buy it all from the local guy? Maybe. Marbe not. But it is not fair to knock him in public. He is doing you a service at the best price he can. I think as we grow up, and see it all we tend to support these guys more than we did before.

Next there is the big hobbyshop in a small country. Better value, more variety, and often competitive with internet for many products. Don't expect them to beat (for example) the US on a US made part because theirs has been sent here already and their one has the freight already in the price. Often they have sourced another make that is better value and does the same job.
    Usually if you talk with them they can compete with the biggest - provided they have a reason to and you are a regular customer that justifies it. The approach is - I saw it at this price, can you get close to or beat that because I plan to buy it soon".
    This is where the biggest reservoir of expertise is to be found. they handle a lot of models and solve many problems learning a lot as they do so.

BTW for expertise the big clubs come next.

Finally, you get the international hobby shop - big adversisements - better prices on some items, but freight is no longer in the price. Neither is expert help. You are back to dealing with shop assistants - not modellers - who have little notion (or care little) about your success or failure as a modeller.
    Here is the point - if you add in the freight, payment costs, etc the price difference is not so large as you expect. When you add in expert advice it rarely is. SO a beginner gets worse value (cos he needs advice) than an "experienced head".
    My personal experience here was that I got good value on some stuff, but bad advice. This resulted in me making what I call "Buying errors" where I got the wrong bit, or missed out on a "short cut" that an expert could have given me like for example "you don't need to buy that temp guage - just put your thumb on it for 2 seconds, and if you can't keep it there for another second richen up the needle a tad".
    Another gripe I have from this stage in my model career is that I was encourage to buy ten of the part in case I broke it again, and that would cause another 2 weeks waiting. Either that bit didn't break again cos I learned how not to, or, the model wore out before I used it up. So the long distance supplier causes you to accumulate a potful of unused spare parts for models you no longer have. You throw them in the bin years later when you wise up.

Truth is - we all move up the model learning curve - and we all disregard the advice we are given because "we know better" ! :p

As far as "America is better" ...... well what can I say?
    Most world car races seem to be won by Japanese teenagers using Japanese cars.
    The best engines seem to be East European, German or Italian.
    In electric speed flight the Germans, Swiss, Austria regularly beat the US, and often offer US teams their equipment (and everybody their advice) so the competition will be fairer. Though the gap is closing - it is still a gulf the US try to bridge every year, and they still come 4th to 7th.
    In RC yachting - it seems to be Australia.
    Helicopters - made in far east or Germany.
    Fibreglass and carbon composite aircraft - the best come from Czech Republic and Russia.

I have to admit - in each area above there is a US company that is the best in the US. I can give you a name if you insist on buying US made, despite that somewhere else does a better one.

So what are the US supreme at in RC?
    Oh. Yes.
    I've got it.
    They make the best websites and web videos for their (chinese made) cars and trucks!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

coolwings wrote:
    So what are the US supreme at in RC?
    Oh. Yes.
    I've got it.
    They make the best websites and web videos for their (chinese made) cars and trucks!
    ;)

:D
    Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

vectra wrote:
    :D
    Agreed
    I second that emotion

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

To get back to the thread .... :) Has anyone put the Tmaxx 2.5 beside the 3.3 yet?

I am always curious can the footprint use the extra power, or is the 3.3 wheelspin & lose control time - with the older engine actually giving better handling? I am thinking not much else changed in the chassis-suspensions.

Or to put it another way - Is it just a "make more money" option and is Vectra right?

• Advertisement

coolwings wrote:
    Or to put it another way - Is it just a "make more money" option and is Vectra right?

Well,
    To be honest about it.
    I have a revo and run it on 20% nitro.
    I would much prefer to run it on 25 or even 30% fuel and chance shortening the lifespan of my engine rather than throw out lots of dosh to come up a little in performance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

The trasmission, shocks(same as the revo inside), drivshafts, brake, optidrive, .20engine, and a wheelie bar:cool: Better than the revo 2.5

Plug wrote:
    Better than the revo 2.5

And you know this from experience ? :rolleyes:

Well,
    If you want a 3.3 T-Maxx I have a buddy in the UK selling one..

Here is his advert
    Hi all ,unfortunaltey i need to raise some cash so im selling my 2 week old T-MAXX 3.3 in black with box and all that came with it ,just run in (properly its my 3rd Taxxas)

These are not due in the uk till end of may and will retail at £429

Looking for £320

Here is a Pic of it

photo00349kx.jpg

Thats E480, still a bit pricey:( I recon I can get it brand new rtr with everything except fuel for about E500. Is he selling it with a 6cell battery and charger do you know.
    vectra wrote:
    And you know this from experience ? :rolleyes:
    No, but I read a good review that siad it would be better in terms of engine output and speed than a revo with an os18 tm:p

Plug wrote:
    Thats E480, still a bit pricey:( I recon I can get it brand new rtr with everything except fuel for about E500. Is he selling it with a 6cell battery and charger do you know.

€480... well if you want the godds you have to pay for them
    PLUS
    This has been professionally run in ..(hence you dont have to go to the bother)

So if you want to wait to spend another €20 on top of that... PLUS Take a chance on thats what you finally end up paying for it.... PLUS the waiting time from the U.S. To maybe discover that it will be ridiculously priced and maybe not available... only to discover this one would be sold.. :(

OH,
    And if you have read up a lot about them.. then you will know what came with it.. as the advert says..

Dont worry bud.. I am only trying to help :D

Also...!!
    As you can read from his advert... this is his THIRD T-Maxx...
    I wonder why is it this one he is selling ??
    Maybe the Reviews he read were not all they were made out to be.?? Maybe a bit dissapointed in the "HOW MUCH BETTER THIS ONE IS OVER THE OLD ONE" Hype? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

vectra wrote:
    As you can read from his advert... this is his THIRD T-Maxx...
    I wonder why is it this one he is selling ??
    Maybe the Reviews he read were not all they were made out to be.?? Maybe a bit dissapointed in the "HOW MUCH BETTER THIS ONE IS OVER THE OLD ONE" Hype? :rolleyes:
    HE needs to raise a bit of cash it says:rolleyes:

Plug wrote:
    HE needs to raise a bit of cash it says:rolleyes:

ermm..
    Yes.. i already knew that..
    BUT
    If the 3.3 is soooooooooooooo gooood..
    Why would he not sell the older one and keep this one ?
    Hmm. I wonder.:confused:

It dosent say nothing about an older one

OK,
    Looks like all you want to do is prove a point.
    So,
    Suit yourself
    Go make a fool of yourself and buy from the States.
    Everything i try to do to help you ,all that happens is you come back with a silly remark..:mad:

Will an Admin please close this topic as somepeople cannot see for themselves that others are trying to help them out. ;)

Yeah, what ever your into yourself!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Guys, please read the charter. I've warned already on this thread and yet this continues. I'm sure you both know it's not worth arguing over such a small issue. I've never had to ban any of ye before and I really don't want to, but if posts like
    Plug wrote:
    Yeah, what ever your into yourself!rolleyes.gif
    Continue I'll be forced to.

Thread locked - there's no more discussion to be had here, unfortunately.

Plug: Please don't get personal.
    Vectra: Please don't keep fighting when you know all you're going to do is aggravate the other. Really, what's the point?

Neither can win an arguement like this, and ye both know it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement