Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-maxx 3.3

Options
  • 01-04-2006 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

I saw that new T-maxx 3.3 a while ago and thought it looks good. Does anyone know if the transmission will fit the t-maxx 2.5(its the tranny from the revo) and will the drive shafts fit it(same as the revo).
    www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/maxx/tmaxx33/trx_tmaxx33.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

As far as I know there is a kit available for the T-Maxx 2.5 if you are converting it to a 3.3
    sooooooooooo..!!
    I would assume that you could just put the upgrade kit on without changing the engine..
    Alternatively..
    Get rid of the T-Maxx and Buy a Revo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I would think the new t-maxx3.3 is better than the revo2.5

Plug wrote:
    I would think the new t-maxx3.3 is better than the revo2.5

So would I,
    But i assumed you were asking about wether or not you could fit the parts from a 3.3 to your own T-Maxx... That is why I said sell it and buy a revo... Save you the bother. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I have to say I was tempted looking at the videos for the new TMaxx models, but they seem to be a tad overpriced imo.
    Am I missing anything ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

yeah, it a nirto model ;) they are generaly always overpriced imo

• Advertisement

500 for the t maxx and its more for new revo

500...!!
    I assume you mean Euro ?
    Revo 3.3 £479 ;)

No $500 thats about e440 from tower hobbies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Do you mean 440 + freight + vat + duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

coolwings wrote:
    Do you mean 440 + freight + vat + duty?
    no thats not including VAT, duty etc.

• Advertisement

I think he knew that :D

tallus wrote:
    I think he knew that :D
    aye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

indeed;)

It will still work out cheaper than getting it from uk:cool:

Plug wrote:
    It will still work out cheaper than getting it from uk:cool:
    Freight: China -to - US - to - UK - to - Irl (=about the circumferance of planet Earth!)
    Currency: Riminbi - US dollars - Sterling - Euros ( = more like the biz of a forex dealer than an RC modeller)

That is because you (by choosing this particular US product, and this particular UK supplier to compare with) added 1 x middleman, 2 x extra freightings to uk and back, and 2 x currency exchanges into the chain of delivery.

I am sure if you check out Irish stew, leprechaun hats, or Shamrocks or Guinness in Japan, or Siberia, or Antartica, you will find that the shop over there (seems to be a ripoff too) compared with the shop across the road.

Of course when you develop this shopping style to it's Nth degree, you will no doubt be getting your cornflakes mail order direct from Kelloggs, models from china, and will probably also be confused as to why there is no shops in your area selling anything, not even model fuel to put in aforesaid models!
    BTW you and your family will also be unemployed because there will be no jobs left in Kilkenny, by then, since the shops and factories have closed down.
    So no problem, since you have no money, your need to buy models will be shelved (as feeding yourself is a far more important priority) and you will not have to worry about saving the last cent on the model stuff any more. !

:p;):D

coolwings wrote:
    Freight: China -to - US - to - UK - to - Irl (=about the circumferance of planet Earth!)
    Currency: Riminbi - US dollars - Sterling - Euros ( = more like the biz of a forex dealer than an RC modeller)

That is because you (by choosing this particular US product, and this particular UK supplier to compare with) added 1 x middleman, 2 x extra freightings to uk and back, and 2 x currency exchanges into the chain of delivery.

I am sure if you check out Irish stew, leprechaun hats, or Shamrocks or Guinness in Japan, or Siberia, or Antartica, you will find that the shop over there (seems to be a ripoff too) compared with the shop across the road.

Of course when you develop this shopping style to it's Nth degree, you will no doubt be getting your cornflakes mail order direct from Kelloggs, models from china, and will probably also be confused as to why there is no shops in your area selling anything, not even model fuel to put in aforesaid models!
    BTW you and your family will also be unemployed because there will be no jobs left in Kilkenny, by then, since the shops and factories have closed down.
    So no problem, since you have no money, your need to buy models will be shelved (as feeding yourself is a far more important priority) and you will not have to worry about saving the last cent on the model stuff any more. !

:p;):D
    who said anything about china, and yes you can buy model fuel in kilkenny:p Its just everybody who knows this person hates him because hes a con-man and its not that big a deal going to the nearst model shop in waterford its only an hour, hour & a half drive down:p

YEAH:rolleyes: sounds like double dutch, no offense:D

goldwing wrote:
    ....you can buy model fuel in kilkenny:p Its just everybody who knows this person hates him because hes a con-man and its not that big a deal going to the nearst model shop in waterford its only an hour, hour & a half drive down:p
    I have heard interesting stories myself too so I sympathise .... but remember the "guy you prefer" in Waterford will not be there for long if he has to live on the proceeds of a few gallons of model fuel a year. Your big items (if you stopped personal impoorting from outside EU completely!) might not even be enough to keep him in existence.
    The way it is with a local hobby shop is - "use it or lose it". ;)

coolwings wrote:
    Agree, he is a sound man but hobby shops are far too dear for big products like cars and planes.e.g. 2 channell radio here e100, from america 2channell radio and a glider with everything e135. He sells cheap parts tough which is always a plus.

coolwings wrote:
    I have heard interesting stories myself too so I sympathise .... but remember the "guy you prefer" in Waterford will not be there for long if he has to live on the proceeds of a few gallons of model fuel a year. Your big items (if you stopped personal impoorting from outside EU completely!) might not even be enough to keep him in existence.
    He gets alot more customers than just the both of us now I assure you Ive even herd of people coming down from the just so perfect Dublin to get products that the cant get up there:p
    "so yeah I'd say hes going out of business pretty rapidly"

• Advertisement

That's good.

of coarse its good, so you should'nt really go in to these things if you don't know what your talking about:p

What is with all this bitching:mad:
    FACE IT MODELS ARE CHEAPER AND BETTER FROM AMERICA:cool:

Well said Plug well said:D

YEAH I KNOW

Plug wrote:
    What is with all this bitching:mad:
    How can models be better if they are the exact same model? Am I going in to semantics here?
    There is also the question of duty that has to be payed on anything imported from outside the E.U. 21% ? True you can get stuff marked as a gift to get past the tax, but if it gets damaged you're only covered for something less than 100 euro.
    Also, if you have a problem with any imported model, you have to ship it off to wherever you bought it to have it repaired, and I'm speaking from experience here. It's a pain having to wait weeks for stuff to be shipped back to you.
    So there are pros and cons.
    Personally I buy a lot of stuff from the UK, but I do deal with one shop in particular in Dublin http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/ and have always found them to be extremly helpful, even with stuff I haven't purchased from them. They have a wealth of experience and aren't unwilling to share it.
    I dont know of any other model shops like that, tho in fairness my experience is limited to Dublin shops.

I'm not bitching. Are you?

I just think it's best if we have lots of modellers, lots of places to get model stuff and choices, and lots of places to use the models, clubs, tracks whatever.

I have NEVER seen a model supplier outside Ireland help, or sponsor, modelling here, set up a track, anything.
    But our own shops, our own clubs DO ALL THIS AND MORE. They help beginners, run events, the lot. They put more into the hobby in Ireland than they take out. We just don't have enough of them.

That is not bitching - that is reality.

coolwings wrote:
    I'm not bitching. Are you?

I just think it's best if we have lots of modellers, lots of places to get model stuff and choices, and lots of places to use the models, clubs, tracks whatever.

I have NEVER seen a model supplier outside Ireland help, or sponsor, modelling here, set up a track, anything.
    But our own shops, our own clubs DO ALL THIS AND MORE. They help beginners, run events, the lot. They put more into the hobby in Ireland than they take out. We just don't have enough of them.

That is not bitching - that is reality.
    well said coolwings :)

Plug wrote:

You forgot to mention that they would be illegal as well in this country with their radio gear on 75Mhz..

I sadi it before and I will say it again

Cheapest option is to sell the T-Maxx and buy a Revo :D

• Advertisement

There 27mhz aswel. I might sell the t-maxx and buy the new one, its better than the normal revo. HOw much would you think I should sell it for, theres only 3 gallons gone through it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement