Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vaio FE11H - advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 niggle

Hey Cult,

Bought a vaio (VGN FJ1Z) about 6 months ago and its has been grand, great for windows, browsing, bit of programming and lite graphics work, uses the like of paint shop pro and photoshop, grand, as soon as I open up Illustrator it crawls to an absolulte hault

Also tried to install Suse 10 and it installs fine but I couldnt get the graphics resolution more the 800*600 so that was pretty naff(Will be the first to put up my hand and says I am not a strong Linux user) However installed grand first time on Dell D610, all drivers where on the disk

Altogether it was grand experience so far. However if you do get one, they have a recovered partition and you have to make recovery disks, make them straight away and store them safe unlike i did. I have to post to see if anyone has a set for my laptop cause Sony are charging €80 to send them out and its taking ages

Take it easy
    N

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

CuLT wrote:
    This thing is awesome :cool:

G'wan, give us some piccys of it in action. :)

Im planning on getting a new laptop myself.

I dont know wheather to go with an small 10"-13" one or a big 15"-17" one.

I seen a nice small vaio on ebay that is tempting me.

Advertisement