Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Stone Roses LP: What's your favourite track

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Waterfall
    cinnamon wrote:
    elephant stone was on the US version of the stone roses album as well as fools gold.

The only version that counts is the original UK LP release of April 1989.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dmac8070

She Bangs The Drums
    love the slow build up makes me smile every time i hear it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭skye

Waterfall
    She bangs the drum.....Deadly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Made Of Stone
    I was actually living in Manchester when the album came out. Although I didn't appreciate them at the time, it's hard to imagine how important they were to the city at the time.

I voted for Sugar Spun Sister, but it's hard to pick one track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 green bunny

Waterfall
    To all you stone roses fans,

The Complete Stone Roses are playing in Temple Bar Music Centre this Sat, May 27th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Ant they're playin Waterford on the Friday night (26th), in the forum...

http://www.whazon.com/waterford/livemusic.php

Voted for resurrection btw, Blackpool live '89 (DVD) - best version ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

"I am the resurrection"

Well thats my fave...

She bangs the drums... close second...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Bye Bye Badman
    all great songs - I voted for Don't Stop because its such a cool idea, brilliantly executed. take the previous song, play it backwards and write a new melody over the top.

they tried the same trick a few more times on b-sides but didn't really pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

This Is The One
    Shoot you down is a cool song. a little different to their usual style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

She Bangs The Drums
    nlgbbbblth wrote:
    For space reasons I've left out Elizabeth My Dear....

Can I vote for them all........ twice! Hey, what about The Second Coming?! If it must me one, then... I Wanna Be Adored.... cause I do :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭matu

I Am The Resurrection
    the song never seems to end and always leaves you wanting more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

Shoot You Down
    This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭GoldieBear

I am the ressurection is a real morning song to get you leaping out of bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

She Bangs The Drums
    Impossible to pick, but if I really had to - I Wanna Be Adored. When that bass finally started up after an extra-long feedback break at Feile '95, my eyes filled with tears at the beauty of it. :o
    nlgbbbblth wrote:
    1989 was such a great year for music and live gigs.

1989 was the year I came of musical age! I was 11 and listening to Jason, Kylie, Bros and any ****e that Stock, Aitken and Waterman put out. Then, all of a sudden, The Cure released Disintegration. I heard Lovesong and Lullaby and realised, this is music! Then I started listening to The Pixies' Doolittle and The Smiths and New Order. Thank God for older brothers! Jason posters got replaced by Moz and Robert Smith.
    Reading, Writing and Arithmetic by The Sundays came out that year also, as did Bona Drag by Morrissey, a great album, unlike some of his stuff afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

I am the resurection..the outro being some of the best funk/rock/indie moments ever.. absolute bute!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Repli wrote:
    This is the one + I am the resurrection - the 2 of them go so well together, amazing tracks

Agreed. Both are superb.
    Repli wrote:
    Ian Brown = God

Stupid.

I voted for the resurrection, but I could pick any of 5 or 6 others on a different day. Fnukin great album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Don't Stop
    ziggy67 wrote:

Most underrated Roses song is Standing Here (the other part of the double A side single with She Bangs The Drums). Cracking song!

Absoutley agree with that. If released today it would go number 1 easily.

I remember years ago when i was in a band(kids stuff) I told my mate i wrote a song that i think is good (it was the lyrics to standing here, i knew he never heard it) He was like :eek: :eek: this is f**king amazing. Had to quickly tell the truth:D

Advertisement