Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Stone Roses LP: What's your favourite track

Options
  • 17-03-2006 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

For space reasons I've left out Elizabeth My Dear....

What's your favourite track on The Stone Roses debut LP, The Stone Roses 65 votes

I Wanna Be Adored
    0%
    She Bangs The Drums
    32%
    tony 2 tonequarrymanlucernarianBasqblu_sonicSnake PliskenSlash/EDStaggerLeeNimrod's SonDudessRubberbanditsAngus MacGyverghostdancergerTheGreatFunsterdeluxNina_AngelicaMrJonesmirumdmac8070AOR 21 votes
    Waterfall
    15%
    plastic membranenlgbbbblthJonny Arsonskyevote4pedroTanabeNailzLaplandmanretalivitygreen bunny 10 votes
    Don't Stop
    4%
    fightin irishmeditraitortwilight_singer 3 votes
    Bye Bye Badman
    1%
    loyatemu 1 vote
    (Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister
    4%
    zAbborondecomise_me_fein_V2 3 votes
    Made Of Stone
    3%
    blastmanRo: maaan! 2 votes
    Shoot You Down
    13%
    EarthhorseexiotbushLawros Tacheziggycountypvckc66casanova_kid 9 votes
    This Is The One
    4%
    Badly Drunk BoyDoctor Jaidan24326 3 votes
    I Am The Resurrection
    20%
    RepliSprostonGreenbrianonShriekingSheetcousin_boratBluetonickippyfar2gudBenny-ciamtherezPeter CollinsDermot WalshGiruilla 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Made Of Stone
    Voted for Sugar Spun Sister, but it really could have been any of 5 or 6 of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Waterfall
    1989 was such a great year for music and live gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

She Bangs The Drums
    i wanted the whole lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Waterfall
    She Bangs The Drums has always been my favourite song off that album.

I'm not denying that that album was hugely important at the time but I feel overall that the album is overrated to an extent. Great but not that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

She Bangs The Drums
    I Wanna Be Adored.

greatest intro to an album ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Shoot You Down
    Made Of Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I Am The Resurrection
    Tough one, it could change on a week by week basis. I've gone with This is the one, great song, great Man United anthem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

She Bangs The Drums
    I Wanna Be Adored.

Nail on the head, old bean.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Shoot You Down
    Made of Stone.

There's something so atmospheric about this track that just makes it stand out. The subject matter is also a little more interesting than a lot of the other songs on the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Shoot You Down
    all class tunes but went for made of stone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Yep, all killer no filler! I went for 'I am The Resurrection' The chorus doesnt last too long but I love it...it builds and builds. As I said though, I love the whole album!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Nina_Angelica

She Bangs The Drums
    I Wanna Be Adored.

I second that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Greatest band and album ever :) if i had to pick a favourite id choose

I Am The Resurrection :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I Am The Resurrection
    This is the one + I am the resurrection - the 2 of them go so well together, amazing tracks
    Ian Brown = God

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

I Am The Resurrection
    this is the one

probably one of my favorite songs

total favorite is love spreads though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Waterfall
    I'm going for 'She Bangs The Drums'. It's pure perfection in it's entirety. From the very first second of that song, it blasts into your heart & soul & takes you on a wonderful voyage (absolutely incredible for a 3min song)!!

".....I hear my needle hit the groove...& spirals through another day....I hear my song begin to play...Kiss me where the sun don't shine, the past was yours but the future's mine......your all out of time"....

Brilliant lyrics that totally summed up where the Roses were at this point, a whole new wave of ecstacy inspired baggy jeans & t-shirt wearing youth, & all different types of music heads coming together to share the universal sound & language that is The Stone Roses.

You've heard The Beatles made history.
    You've heard The Rolling Stones made history.

The Stone Roses made history.

They're up there with 'em, all of 'em.

Waterfall
    Tanabe - I see you're in Waterford.

I bought The Stone Roses LP in KG Discs, Waterford the week before my leaving cert started. June 1989.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Shoot You Down
    Made of Stone.
    I never got to see them live but it made my night when Ian Brown played loads of Stone Roses songs last year in Carlow (including Made of Stone).
    Im surprised nobody has voted for Waterfall (yet). Great song but I suppose it just confirms how good this album is that it hasnt been voted for yet.

Waterfall
    nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Tanabe - I see you're in Waterford.

I bought The Stone Roses LP in KG Discs, Waterford the week before my leaving cert started. June 1989.

Well boy,

KG Discs - there's a memory! They're now BPM Records (owned by the same lads, Kevin & George)

Proud to say that I have this little gem on vinyl aswell myself, should be worth a few quid not that I will ever part with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

She Bangs the Drums/This Is the One/I Am The Resurrection

had to go with these ^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Don't Stop
    Waterfall, She bangs the drums, Made of stone.

I suppose waterfall because of the instant memories that come back everytime i play it.

But tbh i think it's a very hard question, Elephant stone i just love.
    I first bought ''the stone roses'' in '91 i think, I could probably count on my hands the number of days im didn't listening to it.

It really pains me that they may never play again, Altho Ian brown's voice has deepened so much that even in '95 he struggled alot to capture the original sound(IMO).

Waterfall
    Tanabe wrote:
    Well boy,

KG Discs - there's a memory! They're now BPM Records (owned by the same lads, Kevin & George)

Proud to say that I have this little gem on vinyl aswell myself, should be worth a few quid not that I will ever part with it!

KG Discs was a great shop back in the late 1980s/early 1990s. I spent a lot of money and time there. Kevin and George are from my hometown New Ross.

Waterfall
    nlgbbbblth wrote:
    KG Discs was a great shop back in the late 1980s/early 1990s. I spent a lot of money and time there. Kevin and George are from my hometown New Ross.

'Tis a small aul world all the same;) Yes BPM Records is a quality shop now, simply because they have EVERYTHING you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Waterfall
    Tanabe wrote:
    I'm going for 'She Bangs The Drums'. It's pure perfection in it's entirety. From the very first second of that song, it blasts into your heart & soul & takes you on a wonderful voyage (absolutely incredible for a 3min song)!!

".....I hear my needle hit the groove...& spirals through another day....I hear my song begin to play...Kiss me where the sun don't shine, the past was yours but the future's mine......your all out of time"....

Brilliant lyrics that totally summed up where the Roses were at this point, a whole new wave of ecstacy inspired baggy jeans & t-shirt wearing youth, & all different types of music heads coming together to share the universal sound & language that is The Stone Roses.

You've heard The Beatles made history.
    You've heard The Rolling Stones made history.

The Stone Roses made history.

They're up there with 'em, all of 'em.

Nicely put. She Bangs The Drum is still my favorite song of all time. The only problem is the version on The Stone Roses is not as good as the one on The Complete Stone Roses. I've never found out why that is, but the one on CSR is full of more verve and life then the tinny one on TSR. Wierd. love This Is The One too, and the last two minutes of IATR still give me goosebumps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I Am The Resurrection
    Nicely put. She Bangs The Drum is still my favorite song of all time. The only problem is the version on The Stone Roses is not as good as the one on The Complete Stone Roses. I've never found out why that is, but the one on CSR is full of more verve and life then the tinny one on TSR. ...

Are you sure?

Is that the compilation where all the songs are radio edits?, ie, the hypnotic guitar break is missing from Waterfall. Adored's intro is wittled down by about 1 minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Waterfall
    Yeah im pretty sure. I thought it might have been just me until i pointed it out to another Stone Roses nut. He looked like his head was about to explode. It was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Waterfall
    wtf? i thought elephant stone was on the stone roses. shows what i know. she bangs the drums all the way though

I am the Ressurection = Epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

retalivity wrote:
    wtf? i thought elephant stone was on the stone roses. shows what i know. she bangs the drums all the way though

elephant stone was on the US version of the stone roses album as well as fools gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

(Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister
    Bye Bye Badman for some reason, all great though.

Advertisement