Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Big Bamboo

I joined Irish opinions in January 2010, I am currently waiting for my SIXTH voucher. I get offered a survey at least once a week and do it (if I meet the criteria) as soon as I see it, takes about 20 minutes out of my week. Can't see the scam myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It's a scam when they refuse to pay out. Leaving people waiting months to be paid is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

did anyone else get the newspapers surverys this week. very handy money for feck all.

a 5 minute survey everyday for 1 euro and if you complete them all its a fiver bonus. happy days:D

I did them. Handy money if they pay out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I get emails from them almost daily, I've given up filling them out as they bore me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

I did them. Handy money if they pay out quickly

very true, although I try and let them build up to about 50 in rewards and take them all then. I currently have 15 pending and 20 paid out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭BlubberyGiraffe

I like the site. Currently 33 euro with a tenner pending!

At the start they never sent out but when you fill your profile in it helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

patrickc wrote: »
    I did them. Handy money if they pay out quickly

very true, although I try and let them build up to about 50 in rewards and take them all then. I currently have 15 pending and 20 paid out.

I'm happier cashing in every time it goes to 10 euro.

There are so many businesses going to the wall these days. It's a bit like holding vouchers for high street shops. Your credits could become worthless with no warning.

It's nothing against Irish Opinions, hopefully they are doing well. But I don't want to be left with 40 euro odd in vouchers which I could have claimed but didn't if they were to close in the morning.

+1

At the moment they are not giving out amazon vouchers. To me that is no good as the other types of voucher are of no use to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Haddockman wrote: »
    +1

At the moment they are not giving out amazon vouchers. To me that is no good as the other types of voucher are of no use to me.

Try again today.

I was getting that message for the last few days and until as recently as last night, But when I tried this morning, I got one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

Haddockman wrote: »
    +1

I was given the option to claim an Amazon voucher.

I've switched to getting Tesco vouchers, though. They arrive quickly and they're handy for grocery shopping. I realized that when I got the Amazon vouchers, I'd still end up paying lots for delivery costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭BlubberyGiraffe

Just home from a meeting I got through a survey I did on Irish opinions.

50 euro cash in hand for 45 mins... Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

If I get two seperate amazon vouchers of £9 each, would I be able to combine both of them on amazon to buy one product? Or am I better letting it build up and a ~£20 voucher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

If I get two seperate amazon vouchers of £9 each, would I be able to combine both of them on amazon to buy one product? Or am I better letting it build up and a ~£20 voucher?

You receive a voucher number that you enter just before you click purchase. You can enter as many as you like, so you can get the vouchers separately if you want and still use them on one transaction.

It just seems to be Irish alcohol opinions these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

patrickc wrote: »
    did anyone else get the newspapers surverys this week. very handy money for feck all.

a 5 minute survey everyday for 1 euro and if you complete them all its a fiver bonus. happy days:D

I did that one too and I haven't got the bonus €5 yet. Also I had a €2.50 survey credit pending and €13 in the other part and the pending disappeared and never got sent to the other amount. Not really impressed anymore.

In fairness to them I did get the €5 bonus on the newspapers.

What has annoyed me lately is it is taking longer and longer to get credited for completing the surveys. Also they are obsessed with sending the same booze related surveys the whole time. Listing brands of stout, ales and lager is getting boring now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I have €60 built up over the last 12 months, when I had the time I did them when I didnt, I ignored the surveys..

I planned on using the vouchers for an Amazon Kindle, but the codes for the vouchers they give you only work on amazon.co.uk site. However they don't the kindle from that site to Ireland, you have to go to Amazon.com for that.. so not very happy to say the least :mad:

Anyone know anyway around this?

Tox

Order it form the UK site and have it sent to a friend who then sends it on to you. There is some place in the north that will resend a package to you for €25.

No other way around it. I am saving for the Kindle also and will be using a UK friend to get it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

had signed up for this ages ago and did a surveys with them for ages. Had kinda forgetten about it and just looked onto my account there and i had €10 waiting to be redeemed. Should be a nice discount off something on amazon :)

• Advertisement

I am getting sick of them sending me the same alcohol surveys the whole time. It should be called Irish Alcohol Opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

I am getting sick of them sending me the same alcohol surveys the whole time. It should be called Irish Alcohol Opinions.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nix84

I'll do the same surveys over and over again if it's for few minutes a few evenings aweek. I've just got a €20 tesco voucher and I'm nearly back up to €10 credit again already. I seem to get bout €10 a month from the surveys and let's face it, it's not exactly hard work now!

It is if you are answering the same old crap every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nix84

dya know what, I take it back. I've just opened another survey and it's about alcohol! I'm not even a big drinker and you'd imagine they'd have more pressing matters to be surveying these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Amazon voucher rewards not available at the moment :( Hope they don't stop doing them

It happens from time to time. Should be more there soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 badger12

It just seems to be Irish alcohol opinions these days.

thats so true, ive gotten about 70 euro vouchers out of them now and i would say 50% is alcohol at least. they seem to drag on with those alcohol surveys aswell and i end up bull****ing with half the answers to get it over with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Funny enough they havent sent me out a single voucher or payment.They are a rip off scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

caseyann wrote: »
    Funny enough they havent sent me out a single voucher or payment.They are a rip off scam.
    No they aren't.

If you read the thread you'll see a ton of people who have gotten their vouchers.

Advertisement