Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely strong argument

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

she made some very valid points, but it looked like she was beating the whole of islam with the same stick, when infact they are quite different, also she was talking about isreal like they were some kind of saints that shlt dont stink :rolleyes: isreal is trying to exterminate the palestinians just the way hitler was trying to exterminate the jews

45 isrealis died last year 2005

255 palestinians died last year 2005

hmmm i think those numbers do the talking.... its a regime thats trying to get away with genecide

http://www.black-iris.com/?p=262

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Just saw the video. Great - she´s right no ifs and buts, she is right and I hope that my muslim friends see it the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

she made some very valid points, but it looked like she was beating the whole of islam with the same stick, when infact they are quite different

Very true, but I have a feeling the translation we're getting isn't perfect, she doesn't seem ignorant enough to talk about Islam way its coming across.

I honestly believe she's just talking about Islam in the countries where people get killed in riots over cartoons & women get stoned as a punishment for being raped. Someone with her education would have met plenty of friendly non extremist Muslims in college. Just doesn't add up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Sand

45 isrealis died last year 2005

255 palestinians died last year 2005

hmmm i think those numbers do the talking.... its a regime thats trying to get away with genecide

Youd better get on the phone and tell Hamas to pull their socks up. Only 45? Damn those Israelis for preventing more suicide bombings.

255 in a year in whats basically a low intensity war zone isnt genocide. Thats barely a bad day in Darfur. And thats even without any analysis of that 255. World of difference between 255 Palestinian terrorists and 255 Palestinian toddlers but feck it, throw em all in together, makes the numbers look better.
    she made some very valid points, but it looked like she was beating the whole of islam with the same stick, when infact they are quite different,

People are a little hyper-sensitive over criticism of anything even slightly related Islam. If someone claims that Bush and Co are fundamentalists who hate gay people and are on a religious crusade in the Middle East, people dont tend to come rushing in to warn us that Bush and Christianity are quite different, and we shouldnt tar all Christians with the same brush. Id hope we can get to a similar sort of level with our treatment of Islamic fundamentalism.

The woman in question was born a devout muslim in Lebanon. Her anger against fundamentalism comes from religious whackos murdering her lecturer in front of her class in university. Hence her anger is a little deeper than the typical Irish atheist who tends to believe in God, but just personally dislikes him - see the new civillisation thread in this forum, the amount of stock "Id ban religion" posts is amusing. Id say seeing as she lived in a muslim country and was born to a muslim family shed have got an inkling that most muslims are grand, but that doesnt reduce her anger towards the fundamentalists who oppress others with their violence, using religion as an excuse.

Sand wrote:
    People are a little hyper-sensitive over criticism of anything even slightly related Islam. If someone claims that Bush and Co are fundamentalists who hate gay people and are on a religious crusade in the Middle East, people dont tend to come rushing in to warn us that Bush and Christianity are quite different, and we shouldnt tar all Christians with the same brush. Id hope we can get to a similar sort of level with our treatment of Islamic fundamentalism.

The woman in question was born a devout muslim in Lebanon. Her anger against fundamentalism comes from religious whackos murdering her lecturer in front of her class in university. Hence her anger is a little deeper than the typical Irish atheist who tends to believe in God, but just personally dislikes him - see the new civillisation thread in this forum, the amount of stock "Id ban religion" posts is amusing. Id say seeing as she lived in a muslim country and was born to a muslim family shed have got an inkling that most muslims are grand, but that doesnt reduce her anger towards the fundamentalists who oppress others with their violence, using religion as an excuse.
    man/woman im not hyper-sensative to anything, i make my own decisions about a situation, my mother was an alcoholic i dont go blaming all people who drink alcohol for things that happened to me, bush and his whacko christian fundamentalist possey piss me off but i dont see that as a picture of the whole of the christian faith. so religious whackos are out there, doesnt mean they are all religious whackos. its like saying all blacks are thieves when we know thats clearly a load of bull, and as i said she was very good and she made some great points, i also feel sorry for what happened to her, but a little too anti-muslim and pro-westy for my liking

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sand wrote:
    Hence her anger is a little deeper than the typical Irish atheist who tends to believe in God, but just personally dislikes him - see the new civillisation thread in this forum, the amount of stock "Id ban religion" posts is amusing.
    Your amusement is my bemusement.

Sand wrote:
    Youd better get on the phone and tell Hamas to pull their socks up. Only 45? Damn those Israelis for preventing more suicide bombings.

255 in a year in whats basically a low intensity war zone isnt genocide. Thats barely a bad day in Darfur. And thats even without any analysis of that 255. World of difference between 255 Palestinian terrorists and 255 Palestinian toddlers but feck it, throw em all in together, makes the numbers look better.
    ok do you know why hamas is fighting for palestinian freedom?
    its because israel have created settlements on their land "plantations" if you will, something like what happened in ireland not so long ago, think there were a few people who disagreed with that.

and it isnt very fair to be honest seeing as america is giving israel all this hightech weaponry, and what do palestine have? rocks? some fertiliser bombs. do you blame the poor ****ers for going and blowing themselves up? im sure your sarcastic remarks show how much you feel about people getting killed for no reason, even when isrealis killed an american peace protestor by running over her with a bulldozer, and the man driving the dozer wasnt charged, oh but i suppose she was a terrorist too, what with her exploding banner and all.

oh and you think israel is such a wonderfull country? have a look at this news report from the english independant.
    http://www.themodernreligion.com/jihad/jeru-fisk-lieshatred.html

Sand wrote:
    The woman in question was born a devout muslim in Lebanon. Her anger against fundamentalism comes from religious whackos murdering her lecturer in front of her class in university. Hence her anger is a little deeper than the typical Irish atheist who tends to believe in God, but just personally dislikes him - see the new civillisation thread in this forum, the amount of stock "Id ban religion" posts is amusing

Very very patronising, & the idea that we just dislike God is so laughable.

Banning religion would be silly. And pretty ironic coming from people who criticise
    religion, as they're usually against religion because its such draconian force (quite rightly too)

It wouldn't even occur to me to consider banning religion. However I would look into measures for making it 18+

Solely because it's unfair to make people think things are true at a very succeptable age.

so religious whackos are out there, doesnt mean they are all religious whackos. its like saying all blacks are thieves when we know thats clearly a load of bull, and as i said she was very good and she made some great points, i also feel sorry for what happened to her, but a little too anti-muslim and pro-westy for my liking

Interesting you see Islam and the West as being mutually exclusive...

She attacked fundamentalists, she was clearly angry and I think she slipped into a verbal trap (she accepted the fundamentalist/anti-western defintion of Islam as being in opposition to the west, but then - so did you). She was a Muslim, I think we can safely assume she can differentiate between average Muslims and fundamentalist whackos as easily as we differentiate between average Christians and fundamentalist whackos. Who knows though, maybe someone should send her a letter explaining that not all muslims are fundamentalist as an FYI. Its not well known after all.
    and it isnt very fair to be honest seeing as america is giving israel all this hightech weaponry, and what do palestine have? rocks? some fertiliser bombs. do you blame the poor ****ers for going and blowing themselves up? im sure your sarcastic remarks show how much you feel about people getting killed for no reason, even when isrealis killed an american peace protestor by running over her with a bulldozer, and the man driving the dozer wasnt charged, oh but i suppose she was a terrorist too, what with her exploding banner and all.

A) Im well aware of the ins and outs of the Israel-Palestine bore-a-thon. Do you know why Israel is in the West Bank? Its because they were attacked 3 times by all their neighbours who pledged to drive them into the sea and the Israelis won every single time.

B) The only thing to be thankful for in that cluster **** of a place is that its the Israelis that have the military advantage, as they display *some* restraint. The last time a regime that preached hatred of Jews like Hamas does had access to tanks, bombers, poison gas and death camps tens of millions died.

C) Seeing as youre so understanding on why Palestinians blow up resteraunts full of mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters then Im sure youll be equally as understanding of the Israeli response when they bomb some Hamas office or shoot some Palestinian militant as revenge? After all - how can you blame the poor Israelis? Werent they provoked?

Oh and Im fully in support of Palestinian statehood. I just wont cheerlead for suicide bombers blowing up resteraunts. I leave that to the "right on" arts student brigade, standing shoulder to shoulder with Hamas.
    Very very patronising, & the idea that we just dislike God is so laughable.

Yeah, yeah. Im sure its a deep mystery of many subtle strands of which we can never claim full knowledge. You know what, I dont believe in God. I dont think its miraculous that life exists on a planet that is suitable for life to exist on. It might be a miracle if we were living on a wholly unsuitable world like Venus, but otherwise nothing worth inventing a God over. Do the people of Venus think some God built Venus for them? Nope - because theyre not around to worry about it so its a moot point.

I also dont believe in Santa. Its nice for kids, and the world would be a duller, less interesting place if kids didnt believe in Santa. Much as Santa is nice for kids, religion and its associated certainties in an uncertain world is nice for some people. If people need religion to establish certainties like "Thou shalt not kill" then Im all for it. Certainly, moral absolutism is less damaging in the long run than moral relativism.

What bores me about the Irish school of atheism for is that its actually a hatred of the Catholic Church and its Irish institutions. It accepts God exists, it just hates him and his Church. Every time I see a declaration of atheism followed up by a bitter attack on the Catholic Church, God, and a demonisation of religion in history I roll my eyes. Its the anti-establishment establishment view.

Thats even before you have the hilarious concept of some civillisation founder laying down the laws of a new society trying to ban religion - Moses and the Ten Commandments? Its not for nothing that its been said if God didnt exist wed have to invent him.

Sand wrote:
    Interesting you see Islam and the West as being mutually exclusive...

She attacked fundamentalists, she was clearly angry and I think she slipped into a verbal trap (she accepted the fundamentalist/anti-western defintion of Islam as being in opposition to the west, but then - so did you). She was a Muslim, I think we can safely assume she can differentiate between average Muslims and fundamentalist whackos as easily as we differentiate between average Christians and fundamentalist whackos. Who knows though, maybe someone should send her a letter explaining that not all muslims are fundamentalist as an FYI. Its not well known after all.
    im not talking about what she knows im talking about what it sounded like, you ever heard of the verb to insinuate? you know it sounded like she was insinuating something, you know while saddam was in power the employment rate for men and women was nearly 50/50?
    Sand wrote:
    A) Im well aware of the ins and outs of the Israel-Palestine bore-a-thon. Do you know why Israel is in the West Bank? Its because they were attacked 3 times by all their neighbours who pledged to drive them into the sea and the Israelis won every single time.

B) The only thing to be thankful for in that cluster **** of a place is that its the Israelis that have the military advantage, as they display *some* restraint. The last time a regime that preached hatred of Jews like Hamas does had access to tanks, bombers, poison gas and death camps tens of millions died.

C) Seeing as youre so understanding on why Palestinians blow up resteraunts full of mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters then Im sure youll be equally as understanding of the Israeli response when they bomb some Hamas office or shoot some Palestinian militant as revenge? After all - how can you blame the poor Israelis? Werent they provoked?

Oh and Im fully in support of Palestinian statehood. I just wont cheerlead for suicide bombers blowing up resteraunts. I leave that to the "right on" arts student brigade, standing shoulder to shoulder with Hamas.
    A) israel is in the west bank because they started colonising it. even though the palestinians didnt agree with it, they asked them nicely to leave, they didnt, now we have a war. america fund israel, despite how horrible you think hamas is they are fighting for their freedom, despite how great you think israel is they are being a bunch of bullies...

B)ok so your comparing freedom fighters to hitler..... hehehehe you wouldnt have said that about the IRA 100 years ago, after being occupied for how many years? infact arent we celebrating the 1916 rising? by the IRA because they were trying to free themselves.....

C)your nieve to think that israel just attacks hamas headquarters, or "militants" israel are killing innocent people too, theyre just as bad

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/7B0A2779-BDE4-4ACA-B455-E2E608A4D9BF.htm
    they do this all the time, and because were sitting on the otherside of the fence we dont hear it, just as we dont hear most of what goes on in iraq.

• Advertisement

im not talking about what she knows im talking about what it sounded like, you ever heard of the verb to insinuate? you know it sounded like she was insinuating something, you know while saddam was in power the employment rate for men and women was nearly 50/50?

I thought that she was pretty blatant in her message - that the Middle East needs to embrace "modern" values and reject the the fundamentalist message of retreat to some long ago utopia. Perhaps too blatant as she didnt spare her listeners feelings.
    israel is in the west bank because they started colonising it. even though the palestinians didnt agree with it, they asked them nicely to leave,

3 wars is your version of asking nicely?

Either way the West Bank was siezed in 1967 from Jordan (Not Palestine interestingly enough) as a result of Israels victory in the 6 Day War when the Jordanians began shelling (with US artillery btw) Jeruselam on June 5th, bombing other Israeli towns with British supplied aircraft. Israel issued several warnings through the US and the UN to Jordan, Israel accepted a UN ceasefire proposal that Jordan rejected, finally Israel destroyed the Jordanian airforce, and then conquered East Jeruselam and the West Bank between the 6th and the 8th.

The Israelis are in the West Bank because they defeated the Jordanians/Palestinians in a war the Jordanians sought. End of story.
    B)ok so your comparing freedom fighters to hitler..... hehehehe you wouldnt have said that about the IRA 100 years ago, after being occupied for how many years? infact arent we celebrating the 1916 rising? by the IRA because they were trying to free themselves.....

Freedom fighters is just a much devalued phrase. Hamas policy is to seek the extinction of Israel and the murder all Jews. If youre comftable with supporting that, fair enough. If you think thats a freedom fighter, Id hate to see your idea of a terrorist. No wait, let me guess, the US :rolleyes: ...As for 1916 etc, youre talking to the wrong person. I completely oppose the glorification of 1916 and its idealogy of violent militants being superiour to elected politicians.

I take it though you accept that if Hamas had military superiority over Israel wed be looking at Belsen Mark 2 being built over the ruins of Tel Aviv?
    C)your nieve to think that israel just attacks hamas headquarters, or "militants" israel are killing innocent people too, theyre just as bad

Naive? Youre calling Hamas freedom fighters and singing the praises of suicide bombers who target resteraunts? The Israelis at least make an effort to target militants. Hence why Israeli casualties are of all genders, ages, and social backgrounds (any dead Israeli will do for a Palestinian), whilst Palestinian casualties are overwhelmingly young and male (implying targeting of the young angry men who form the militant membership).

Either way, my point stands. You might say Hamas is "just as good" as Israel, or Israel is "just as bad" as Hamas so Id take it youll be similarly supportive of the Israelis blowing up a Palestinian resteraunt in revenge? After all - they were provoked. You know, to be consistent, to demonstrate your position on the conflict is principled, not simply a result of media brainwashing?
    they do this all the time, and because were sitting on the otherside of the fence we dont hear it, just as we dont hear most of what goes on in iraq.

Well, some people have enough trouble with the history of the conflict, let alone trying to keep up with current events...Either way, the narrative of the conflict in Irish reports is "Its terrible about those suicide bombings, but the Israelis deserve it". Which at least is slightly more moderate than your own views.

Sand wrote:
    3 wars is your version of asking nicely?
    you not think that before the war started they did ask israel to stop doing what they were doing?
    Sand wrote:
    Freedom fighters is just a much devalued phrase. Hamas policy is to seek the extinction of Israel and the murder all Jews. If youre comftable with supporting that, fair enough. If you think thats a freedom fighter, Id hate to see your idea of a terrorist. No wait, let me guess, the US ...As for 1916 etc, youre talking to the wrong person. I completely oppose the glorification of 1916 and its idealogy of violent militants being superiour to elected politicians.
    so your saying if someone comes into your house, and tries to take your belongings and then tries to kill your sister with a gun, and you had a chance to stop the criminal with a gun youd just let her die? then brother? mother? wife?

and what if they were in a tank, and you had nothing, how would you fight back? if you tried to fight them youd certainly die, but you have to do something, so what do you do, arafat and others tried to politically get them out of the westbank and gaza strip, and where did that get them? it got assassination attempts on the lot of em. youd just let them come in and do whatever the fcuk they like? so you have this idea to kill civillians make them see first hand whats happening to palestine, that might deter them. even civillians arent that innocent, they are part of the country thats invading yours.... so what do you do??

you may have this idealistic view of "oh yes people are nice and people listen to reason" but your living in a dream world, id love to say oh yes, if we all stop fighting then they will, when the horrible fact is they wont.

and you may have this view that these civillians are innocent, but they are entering into someone elses land, they are supporting this war, so both sides are just as bad as eachother, doesnt mean the palestinians are terrorists means they are trying to fight back the only way they can,

i love the way the word terrorism is thrown around so easily, war is fcuking terror no matter what side your on.

when america goes in and invades a country lines people up and shoots them dead, thats called freeing a country, when that weak defensless country tries to fight back in the only way theyre able to without being crushed, then thats called terrorism, its the same all over the world, were building a culture that encourages terrorism.

you may like others, think our species has evolved past the need for a good old war or two, but we're still territorial, we still have a pack mentality, and were still a violent species. look at the rise of the BNP in england bunch of whackjobs but still gaining more power in a supposed "modern" and "western" country....

i dont believe in the glorification of war, because there is nothing glorious about it, although i believe in comemorating war, commemorating those who died in a struggle for freedom...

oh yeah and if you think im some IRA head who thinks that war is the only way, im not im english and proud of it, i know war isnt the only way but when your faced with war, what do you do? do you just sit there and let your people be trodden on and their land taken? or do you fight?
    Well, some people have enough trouble with the history of the conflict, let alone trying to keep up with current events...Either way, the narrative of the conflict in Irish reports is "Its terrible about those suicide bombings, but the Israelis deserve it". Which at least is slightly more moderate than your own views.
    no you assumed you knew what my views were, WAR IS HORRIBLE i didnt say it wasnt, i didnt say what hamas was doing is brilliant, i said that you cant say poor israel because theyre just as bad.

and you might want to look at this

http://www.americanfreepress.net/Mideast/22Genocide%20Convention%20May%20Come%20.htm

have a look at the bulletin on suicide bombings on the sugarcubs.net infact have a look at all of the bulletins

http://thesugarcubes.net/

Got to say, Id admire your willingness to ignore where youre shown to be wrong and rush into some emotive diversion that usually starts "Oh yeah, well if you think Israels so great, then what-about-....."
    you not think that before the war started they did ask israel to stop doing what they were doing?

No I think that they, along with all the other neighbouring Arab nations rejected the UN partition of the British mandate in the 1940s (Israel accepted despite 80% of the territory granted to them being desert) because they thought they could wipe out Israel. They were wrong. Badly wrong.
    so your saying if someone comes into your house, and tries to take your belongings and then tries to kill your sister with a gun, and you had a chance to stop the criminal with a gun youd just let her die? then brother? mother? wife?

But thats not what is happening. Suicide bombers are not lurking in their home waiting for the IDF to call to torment them and then detonating killing themselves and their tormentors. They avoid the IDF, leave the West Bank, enter Israel, seek soft civillian targets and murder them indiscriminantly. Thats not self defence, thats terrorism. Plain and simple. If the Palestinians were engaging the IDF and fighting them, Id have absolutely no problem with them. When they decide to murder families out having a meal I will not support that. If you want to, thats your call.

You cant ( with any credibility at least) accept suicide bombings as fine, but be appalled by the Israeli policy of demolishing the homes of suicide bombers families. Both are punishing people other than those who harmed you.
    you may have this idealistic view of "oh yes people are nice and people listen to reason" but your living in a dream world, id love to say oh yes, if we all stop fighting then they will, when the horrible fact is they wont.

Actually I support the construction of the Israelis security wall on the grounds that the conflict is nihilistic at this stage. There is no prospect of peaceful resolution so the best that can be hoped for is a stalemate.

Id imagine your plan would be to tell the Israelis to withdraw from the West Bank and magically the Palestinians wouldnt simply start bombarding Israel proper from the vacated positions? Like theyve done in Gaza? Because after all, you fervently believe the Palestinians are only engaged in self defence...
    i love the way the word terrorism is thrown around so easily, war is fcuking terror no matter what side your on.

I agree, I hate the way its bandied about and used interchangeably with freedom fighting. Terrorism is a deliberate, premeditated policy of attacking civillians. Palestinian suicide bombings are very definitly terrorism.
    oh yeah and if you think im some IRA head who thinks that war is the only way, im not im english and proud of it, i know war isnt the only way but when your faced with war, what do you do? do you just sit there and let your people be trodden on and their land taken? or do you fight?

So youre English. So what? Does that make your argument stupider or smarter? If some Provo goes over and murders your family as revenge for an unhappy childhood in Belfast, will you be saying "Well, lets face it, us Brits had it coming. And its easier to kill my defenceless family than it is to fight a British soldier so I cant argue with their decision to murder them. Id have murdered my family too in their shoes." Would you support Warrington? Was that 12 year old child a valid target for the Provos because they felt wronged in Northern Ireland? No wait, run away from that question. Ignore it, dont answer it. Go on and ask me "what - about...."

Just because someone believes in something so fervently that theyre willing to murder anyone and anybody for it doesnt mean theyre right.

Yeah, yeah. Im sure its a deep mystery of many subtle strands of which we can never claim full knowledge. You know what, I dont believe in God. I dont think its miraculous that life exists on a planet that is suitable for life to exist on. It might be a miracle if we were living on a wholly unsuitable world like Venus, but otherwise nothing worth inventing a God over. Do the people of Venus think some God built Venus for them? Nope - because theyre not around to worry about it so its a moot point.

What bores me about the Irish school of atheism for is that its actually a hatred of the Catholic Church and its Irish institutions. It accepts God exists, it just hates him and his Church. Every time I see a declaration of atheism followed up by a bitter attack on the Catholic Church, God, and a demonisation of religion in history I roll my eyes. Its the anti-establishment establishment view.

Thats even before you have the hilarious concept of some civillisation founder laying down the laws of a new society trying to ban religion - Moses and the Ten Commandments? Its not for nothing that its been said if God didnt exist wed have to invent him.

Ok well I agree with what you're saying there. It just came across like you were tarring all athiests (including the type it turns out you are) with the same brush.

I know about the science of the universe and your Venus example was a very good way of explaining my views/

Sand wrote:
    Got to say, Id admire your willingness to ignore where youre shown to be wrong and rush into some emotive diversion that usually starts "Oh yeah, well if you think Israels so great, then what-about-....."
    where was i wrong?
    http://www.americanfreepress.net/Mideast/22Genocide%20Convention%20May%20Come%20.htm
    the un tried to do israel for genocide where was i wrong? and its still going on
    http://www.counterpunch.org/cook02142006.html
    but i doubt your even reading any of the links im sending you
    Sand wrote:
    No I think that they, along with all the other neighbouring Arab nations rejected the UN partition of the British mandate in the 1940s (Israel accepted despite 80% of the territory granted to them being desert) because they thought they could wipe out Israel. They were wrong. Badly wrong.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Arab-Israeli_War

firstly israel started colonising palestine, then they call for a "jewish state" in palestine after the UN and britain split jordan up, and thats why they rebelled, now whos trying to wipe who out here? they were provoked into a conflict even though they knew they were out gunned, they lost that war, i would call that a futile struggle to remain in your home in the face of a colonial power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6-Day_War

then your ignoring the 6 day war when israel invaded and where the west bank was and gaza strip were taken, the war between israel, egypt and jordan where they anihiliated the egypt jordan defences they killed approx 21,000 people. and lost 698

but they called that a pre-emptive strike so thats ok.... id call it an invasion.
    Sand wrote:
    But thats not what is happening. Suicide bombers are not lurking in their home waiting for the IDF to call to torment them and then detonating killing themselves and their tormentors. They avoid the IDF, leave the West Bank, enter Israel, seek soft civillian targets and murder them indiscriminantly. Thats not self defence, thats terrorism. Plain and simple. If the Palestinians were engaging the IDF and fighting them, Id have absolutely no problem with them. When they decide to murder families out having a meal I will not support that. If you want to, thats your call.
    http://thesugarcubes.net/?p=241
    they carry out raids in palestine every day, taking people out of their homes and killing them men women and children not just men

and ofcourse they avoid the IDF, they would be slaughtered, theyve found this in the past when they have tried to fight back, they dont always though, theres also loads of attacks by hamas on military targets, the playing field is just two uneven, i remember seeing a picture of an israeli rifle, vs a palestinian rock. it showed all of the specs of the rifle, how fast the bullets travelled how many could be shot, then it showed a rock, readily available travels at 30 foot per second how many could be thrown in a minute, now ill admitt its not that simple, but in the last wars, israel has anihilated all of their defences,
    Sand wrote:
    You cant ( with any credibility at least) accept suicide bombings as fine, but be appalled by the Israeli policy of demolishing the homes of suicide bombers families. Both are punishing people other than those who harmed you.
    no you cant, but you can look at the situation and say well they cant do anything else, as horrible as it may seem they are trying to sway public opinion by showing them first hand what the palestinian people are going through, and you think and you think palestine isnt going through any of it? how many wars have they been through? most of which were started by israel or provoked by israel.
    Sand wrote:
    Actually I support the construction of the Israelis security wall on the grounds that the conflict is nihilistic at this stage. There is no prospect of peaceful resolution so the best that can be hoped for is a stalemate.
    i would have to agree with that
    Sand wrote:
    Id imagine your plan would be to tell the Israelis to withdraw from the West Bank and magically the Palestinians wouldnt simply start bombarding Israel proper from the vacated positions? Like theyve done in Gaza? Because after all, you fervently believe the Palestinians are only engaged in self defence...
    well all they wanted in the first place was to stay in their homes when the israelis were taking them over, and calling for a "jewish state" ffs your so nieve. ofcourse after years of being trodden on by israel they want revenge (which is completely wrong) but getting out of the places theyve invaded is the right step.
    Sand wrote:
    I agree, I hate the way its bandied about and used interchangeably with freedom fighting. Terrorism is a deliberate, premeditated policy of attacking civillians. Palestinian suicide bombings are very definitly terrorism.
    not all the time they do suicide bomb military targets all the time,
    Sand wrote:
    So youre English. So what? Does that make your argument stupider or smarter? If some Provo goes over and murders your family as revenge for an unhappy childhood in Belfast, will you be saying "Well, lets face it, us Brits had it coming. And its easier to kill my defenceless family than it is to fight a British soldier so I cant argue with their decision to murder them. Id have murdered my family too in their shoes." Would you support Warrington? Was that 12 year old child a valid target for the Provos because they felt wronged in Northern Ireland? No wait, run away from that question. Ignore it, dont answer it.
    i was talking about comemmorating war, and people who died for their freedom, i was referring to the 1916 rising, in my last few posts although i didnt directly say it, im sorry, what i meant by that was (if you did catch that i was talking about the 1916 rising) that i wasnt some RA head who thinks war is the way to go.

i completely agree with you about the north by the way, atrocities were commited on both sides, but thats exactly what im saying about israel atrocities are being commited on both sides you cant say that israelis arent terrorists because they are going in and killing civillians and they have gone in and killed civillians.
    Go on and ask me "what - about...."
    everytime i say what about im trying to outline to you the bad things israel has done in the past, the things you keep ignoring, and then saying that palestine is full of terrorists, and troublemakers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement