Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Situation with lad

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Even though I've bumped into him since and he said hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭No_Regrets

It seems like you like this guy so why don't you just go for it. Next time you see him out, talk to him, explain how you're feeling, tell him you're sorry if you feel you should and get to know one another. I know it's sounds easier than it is, but you obviously bump into one another quite frequently. Give it a go, you'll feel better knowing if there's something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

OP what did you actually txt him, was there anything to sort of hint that you wanted to meet up again, cause no offence from reading your posts i doubt you really said anyhting that would indicate that you actually liked him and wanted to see him again. I know if i was him and you had treated me the way you had treated him that i would of probably deleted your number from my phone, so i wouldn't know who was txting me. So next time you see him out go over and talk to him

No he definitely knew it was me, seemed happy to hear from me, i said sorry for blowing you off, he said dont worry bout it, how are ya keeping, i answered but nothing since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

Even though I've bumped into him since and he said hello.
    u are actually about 12,ud wana grow up,just go over and talk to him the nexy time u see him,its not complex algebra

• Advertisement

u are actually about 12,ud wana grow up,just go over and talk to him the nexy time u see him,its not complex algebra

How, from wondering why he hasn't written back in days?
    I think I'm just going to leave it, I couldn't be arsed with wondering this and that.

I don't see how wondering why he still hasn't written back makes me about 12. Tbh I might just abandon the whole thing altogether.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

To be totally honest- if I got a txt from someone after a scenario such as you described, I'd probably not do anything at all either. I'm guessing that you sent him the text late at night- its possible that he may think you had been drinking (or he may have been drinking). If you are going to do something- do it, and stop playing mind games with both him and yourself. If not- well move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I don't see how wondering why he still hasn't written back makes me about 12. Tbh I might just abandon the whole thing altogether.

Er, what are you waiting for?? :confused: Stop playing games with the poor guy.

You texted him, he texted you back ... have a guess what happens next .. thats right YOU text him again and actually ask him out. Do you honestly expect him to ask you out again after what happened before.

God, you seem to want him to do EVERYTHING, and keep doing it over and over despite the fact that you have blown him off a number of times.

I mean do you really like this guy or do you just want him to chase after you like a lost puppy to make yourself feel good. That is why everyone thinks you are acting like a 12 year old, you seem to just want attention from him but seem totally unwilling to put yourself out to actually do something about it. You texted him once weeks after blowing him off and you seem to think that should be a sign from you that he should start falling over himself to contact you and ask him out.

Text him (if you really don't want to actually talk to him) and say something like "sorry we didn't get to meet up before, would you still like to do something?"

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

just talk to him, it does look if you were blowing him off...

• Advertisement

Wicknight wrote:
    Er, what are you waiting for?? :confused: Stop playing games with the poor guy.

You texted him, he texted you back ... have a guess what happens next .. thats right YOU text him again and actually ask him out. Do you honestly expect him to ask you out again after what happened before.

Text him (if you really don't want to actually talk to him) and say something like "sorry we didn't get to meet up before, would you still like to do something?"

I did text him, and he texted back and I replied but have heard nothing since. Read my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

holy ****, you've spent more time talking about the guy in this thread than you have had in his company. do you actually just want to talk about him here (and continue to send out the mixed signals), or would you prefer to have some meaningful interaction?

i'm not sure you know yourself

from his point of view you have sent out horribly mixed signals and he is rightly confused. either clear things up face to face (and give it a go) or leave him alone. the theory isn't that difficult!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I did text him, and he texted back and I replied but have heard nothing since. Read my post.

Mother of god ... *bangs head off wall*

Did you ask him if he wanted to go on a date? Did you ask him if he wanted to meet up? Did you ask him anything?

If you didn't, then for the sweet love of God who is holy and wise ask him out on a date.

If you already did, and he didn't reply, thats it, over forget about him. You blew it

Advertisement