Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invasion

Options
  • 09-03-2006 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen a thread about this...my apologies if there is one...

But how great is this show? It took me a while to get into it seeing as nothing much happened until a couple of episodes ago but I'm finding it interesting now!

It's on so many times a week, it's hard to know which ones are the new ones!

Did anyone see the LATEST episode?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It took me a while to get into it seeing as nothing much happened until a couple of episodes ago but I'm finding it interesting now!
    Sounds like a difficult show to get into. Why would you keep watching something when nothing happens for the first 6 weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

well I'm a believer. People watch the second episode of Lost and give up, when clearly it's going to be a great series! :)

Plus, it's just like watching any other tv show, for the first few weeks it was GOOD just not much insite on the whole 'invasion' theme happened. The characters were still very good and it was interesting..just not as good as it is now. Plus, I didn't really watch it vigilly until a few episodes ago.

It's really starting to get good...my mam thinks it's better than Lost. She's an idiot. But it's not far off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I've been following Invasion on TG4 since it first aired and am pretty much addicted to it. I have good patience with these shows mostly because I like the whole conspiracy/what the fu*k is going on type shows.
    Have seen as far as episode 13/14 i think - downloaded a few (tut tut) it really is kicking off now. Cant wait for the next one!

Also does anyone know if they are showing Surface on any channels over here? It seems to be along the same line as Invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Surface is on ITV2 if you have digital.

And Inasion has gotten really good since Mariel found her body and we find out they are all duplicates. And the revelation that the skeleton was Tom's was also really good. I also found it interesting how he doesn't really seems to know much. He is rounding all of the "survivors" up,and I thought he was the alien leader,but he really doesn't have a clue what the big plan is himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Eleven episodes shown on TG4. E4 is one ep ahead, ie the ep it shows on Sunday is on TG4 on the Thursday. There's only been 15 shown yet in the US cos it took a break. Its on after Lost, but from what I've heard the viewers aren't staying on in the same numbers. Still it's a pretty decent programme.

Tom is the most interesting character because you just don't know how much he knows about the aliens. There must be something different about Tom in that all the other people who were replaced (in Brazil, Cuba, etc) killed themselves, but Tom is obviously still ok after ten years. That's probably why they came back. Tom knows what the "survivors" are going through, so he set up the support group to stop them from going loopers and killing themselves. I still reckon he doesn't know what the big plan is.

One thing that puzzled me was when he brought the deputy down to the water. He knew the aliens were going to take him, but he obviously didn't know that the replacement would have a complete arm. How come? Has he not twigged that yet? Seemed a little unlikely. As for getting the deputy to cut of his arm? Stretching it a bit, I think.

Dave is also good, brings light relief, but is also the driver behind the investigation of the aliens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Thought it was really good last night...all the parts are starting to come together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Think it's excellent. Disagree completely with the OP saying how long took to get into it, I was into it after EP one. I'm watched ep 16 yesterday. Really kool, way prefer to Lost.

I really wanna know why they aren't killing themselves...hmm..

And I don't think they should've shown us the alien (in the water, with Lewis) yet but the one found in the crocodile looked like a chicken!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is one of my favorite shows at the moment too. It seems to get bettereach week, and you find out a little bit more. Good to see development of the story as it goes along, Lost could learn something from that lately. Even having seen up to episode 16 it's still not clear what's going on with the military involvement and what Tom actually knows so there's still plenty to come.

did anyone watch first look on e4? new episode was brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

i've seen up to most recent episode (17 i think). next episode isn't out til 19th april. I think it's a great show, up there with lost and better than surface. At least the story moves quicker than lost anyway. Although having said that i do think last two three episodes are padded a bit

Sunday's episode was good...still not as good as Lost for me,better than Surface,which is a guilty pleasure becasue it is just enjoyable even if a little stupid.

The weird half cooked hybrid of Dave freaked me out and it just raises more questions about what is really going on. What does Tom know? At first I thought he was the alien leader,but he doesn't seem to know exactly what is going on. Yet he has a camp set up where he is shipping guns to.

It is really getting interesting after a slow start,lets hope it gets another season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I caught an episode of this a few nights ago and was completely lost.What the hell is going on?Are they aliens?Are the military working with them?Will that annoying kid die soon?

So many questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

jor el wrote:
    Good to see development of the story as it goes along, Lost could learn something from that lately. Even having seen up to episode 16 it's still not clear what's going on with the military involvement and what Tom actually knows so there's still plenty to come.

^ sounds like a complete contradiction there.

never got into invasion tbh, one headwrecking show leaving 1000 possibilities at the end of each episode is enough for me, i dont want another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Invasion is completly different to Lost in my opinion. Invasion nearly has the end explained before it starts, its more about how the characters deal with being "replicated" and whats the goal of the aliens than why are they here and whats going on (ie Lost) plus the pregnancy stuff coupled with the military involvement and a gong ho park ranger, all add to the intrigue. Interesting stuff, 24 seems like a bit of a let down straight after. (watching on ch4 btw)
    Killing the two escapes was a nice little twist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

From the last episode i've seen (TG4) it seems Tom was tricked into helping the Zura guy he doesn't seem to know much about him and doesn't seem to want the same things for the 'survivors'. Tom is mainly concerned with keeping the hybrids from going crazy whereas Zura seems to want them to start a revolution or something.
    Interesting show imo I'd like to see what the baby thing is about. Not as good as Lost though, in Lost your alongside the castways you know about the same amount of stuff they do and the suprises are way bigger. In Invasion you can kind of guess what is going to happen not with Lost. As for Lost being to slow moving thats mainly because it takes it day by day about 45 episodes done now and their on the island about 55-60 days. It'd be a bit of a different show if they'd been stranded for years, this way they can concentrate on sloving the mysteries of the island not just long term survival.

what do ye make of the most recent episode of Invasion aired in US. Or is this a thread for Invasion screened in Ireland only?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Dapos wrote:
    what do ye make of the most recent episode of Invasion aired in US. Or is this a thread for Invasion screened in Ireland only?

They are only a few days apart. 1.21 was on in the US on Wednesday and is on E4 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,864 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Invasion is brilliant

brand new show every sunday night at 9.00 on E4

its class show
    must see tv

oh ya sure invasion had so many breaks the channels caught up with US. I think this fair good anyway. Last episode really built up the suspense. Do ye know is the next episode the season finale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Excellent episode tonight on E4. It seems that Tom now has no power anymore and is a dead man with a price on his head.
    It was really eerie watching the trucks pulling up at the wharf, like the trains arriving at Auschwitz and the people being separated and sorted into different groups - only nobody seemed to notice!
    I think it is a great show, different from Lost and I love that too. I try not to compare them because they are quite different.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Source: Variety
    NBC has decided to pull the plug on Dick Wolf's "Conviction," while ABC is halting its "Invasion."

As for "Invasion," skein was a personal favorite of ABC Entertainment, ABC Entertainment prexy Steve McPherson. But despite a huge promotional push behind the show, viewers simply never warmed to the concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

So this'll be the end of Invasion for good then? I hope they don't finish on a cliff hanger then as it'll never be wrapped up :(

I enjoyed Invasion, but the constant breaks in the scheduling ruined it, just like it's ruining Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The finale was probably shot 3 months ago, so it will most likely end with a monster (now to be unresolved) cliffhanger. My guess is
    new storm, new aliens

feck sake invasion is good tv, alot better than plenty that's on tv.
    Sure if they have such massive and multiple seaon breaks of course rating will go down.

Anyone see the season finale of Invasion. I thought it was excellent. Some really good scenes. Kinda pointless cliffhanger at the end though since we will never know wat happens. Unless the decide to make a movie or something...

100th post!!!:D

Ye that was so damn annoying. Tom putting Larkin into the water to "save her life",what would happen to the baby? Guess who won't fecking know now. I hate when a show ends and you don't get a proper resolution to stories and cliff hangers.

Tg4 advertised Invasion for tonight but showed a bruce springsteen concert instead. Any idea what happened?? Did they announce anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

I think they annouced it will be shown at the Saturday 23:40 repeat time(TG4).

One of the better TV productions -- it's always annoying when enjoyable stuff gets canned. Seems to be just an unavoidable result of the way TV decisions are made. Populist spam = good; everything else skates on very thin ice. C'est la vie :-(

• Advertisement

Thanks Mr ABC

Advertisement