Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland are useless!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 agent74

I just tried to transfer some money from my account with BOI in the south to an account I have in the north (again with BOI).After queueing up for the best part of half an hour (because there was only one teller available - on a Friday lunchtime) I was told (by the teller who had a big smirk on her face at the time) that they can't do it unless it is over €3,000.00??? and it's been like that since they changed the rules last October and the only way of doing it now was online.When I explained that I had tried to do it online but I was unable to until a new PIN was posted out to me she said, I'm sorry there's nothing I can do (with a big grin across her face again).Pathetic, useless, bank, I hate them, problem is I've got all my direct debits etc set up with them and I know what a disaster it would be if I closed my account because they are so innefficient.I transfer money abroad for my business regularly with Ulster Bank with no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

agent74 wrote: »
    I just tried to transfer some money from my account with BOI in the south to an account I have in the north (again with BOI).After queueing up for the best part of half an hour (because there was only one teller available - on a Friday lunchtime) I was told (by the teller who had a big smirk on her face at the time) that they can't do it unless it is over €3,000.00??? and it's been like that since they changed the rules last October and the only way of doing it now was online.When I explained that I had tried to do it online but I was unable to until a new PIN was posted out to me she said, I'm sorry there's nothing I can do (with a big grin across her face again).Pathetic, useless, bank, I hate them, problem is I've got all my direct debits etc set up with them and I know what a disaster it would be if I closed my account because they are so innefficient.I transfer money abroad for my business regularly with Ulster Bank with no problem.

I see nothing's changed in seven years anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭diamondp

permanent tsb are brilliant, never a problem staff always friendly and willing to listen and help with any issues

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This is a great example of why old threads get locked when bumped needlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tails142

tbh wrote: »
    Ulster bank are very good IMO, but something funny happened to me recently - I had a small loan with them, and it was nearing completion. They sent me out a mail saying "oh tbh, you've nearly paid off your loan, your credit rating is great, why don't you take out another loan?" and I ignored it. Three days later, another mail - "come on, you must have things you want to buy, surely?? Give us a ring for an aul loan there, you know you want to" and I ignored that as well. Two weeks later, got a three pager going on and on about how easy it would be to apply for a loan online, wouldn't even have to lift the arse outta the chair etc etc, so I thought "aah feck it, I could do with paying off the credit card anyway" so duely applied QUOTING THE REFERENCE NUMBER I WAS GIVEN - and they declined my application.

ps - I got a loan no problems in the branch a few days after. The guy kept saying "you're pre-approved for 10k, are you sure you just want 1?" and I was thinking "feck off, I know how this works, I say yeah and you tell me NO!"

Just had to quote this, pre-approved for 10k, them were the days! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Last season on The Walking Thread..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Pah,swiss bank accounts only for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

There are all zombie banks now so they need a zombie thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

anyone think that Richie Boucher parasitic cnut looks like flesh and blood left over from when God made Seanie Fitz ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

biko wrote: »
    I have PTSB Galway too and have had no problems at all (so far).
    I'm still with PTSB fwiw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

From the charter
    Please do not bump really old threads. If you are reading an old thread and wish to reply then please start a new thread along the same subject matter. Many of the users on the original thread might no longer be boardsies. Many of the points raised may no longer be relevant. AH stretches back for years and it's great to have the archive there but it's best to keep the old threads in the past.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement