Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

Just finished 2 weeks of reading the thread. Been quite edgy some of the evenings because of it. Lots of memories reawakened and so forth.
    Saw shadow people mentioned in one post & my main story is in that vein.

B4 that;
    I've had the bed clothes pulled off me and was harranged out of sleep, once in my mid 20's. Nothing to see when I awoke but reckoned a spirit had been at the end of the bed and was now occupying the room. Didn't want to wake up the rest of the family so spoke softly & firmly, aloud; "Go away. I don't know you. I don't want to know you. Now go away; Leave me alone!" After a few seconds, I felt the presence recede & the atmosphere in the room return to normal. Had been v. scared but then went back to sleep.

Shadow People.
    About 5 years back, I went to Sutton graveyard to visit grandparent's graves. Searched for 30 mins & couldn't find them. Went down to the caretakers shack in the bottom corner, behind the trees. Told him of my search. He opened his book mapping the graveyard and there before me stood the shadowy image of everyone buried there, all gathered there closely together (just like in the movies - just can't think of the name).
    Couldn't make out any distinguishable features on anyone, just that it was like a few hundred people / shadowy forms in attendance.

The caretaker flicked thru the pages and when he mentioned their names, all the shadows receded but two. I giggled & smiled (glad to remember them); "Yep, that's them." Looked again at the two remaining spirits/essences, then they disappeared like the rest - kinda obvious who I think they were. Took my directions, thanked the man & left the shack. (BTW, Caretaker seems to have a good rapport with the residents! lol)

Pics - Love the pics on About.com - Link on Pg 40. - checked out the contents of the other tabs on the site. :)

Watch - the story of the aunt & grandfather's watch is posted twice. I ain't gonna go looking for the 1st one now. Ends differently in the second account, however!:(

Great thread. Keep posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I've never seen a ghost or heard a ghost.

I'd like to though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i have a kettle that was switching itself on and off over the past weekend. Hasnt happened since, and it may be a fault in the kettle (though its working fine at the minute), but three different people saw it switch itself on, come to the boil and then (obviously) knock off again between last Friday and last Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

iamhunted wrote: »
    i have a kettle that was switching itself on and off over the past weekend. Hasnt happened since, and it may be a fault in the kettle (though its working fine at the minute), but three different people saw it switch itself on, come to the boil and then (obviously) knock off again between last Friday and last Sunday.

My kettle was doing that. - Problem was the current thru the element would cut off when boiled but the switch stayed down so when the water cooled, the current returned. The element was thickly covered in limescale. Scrubbed it off & now use filtered water in it. No Problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

ah haa - you could be on to something there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

im remember one night me and my brother were alone in the house we were 13 and 14.it was around 12am.our rooms were next door to each other and i could here his radio on.
    i heard our front door closing and steps up the wooden floor in our hall.i though i was hearing things but the bro turned off the radio an went out of the room, then he called into my room and said had i just come in from outside.
    i said no why? and he told me he heard somone come in.we were freaked out after that and couldn sleep for a week.

i think my home house is haunted iv oftem heard knocking on my roof of my (its a flat roof over my room)foot steps on my roof.

i was in bed one night with my gf and no one else in the house.i thought she was asleep.i heard the dishes in the kitchen clang together again i said to my self im only hearing things.then the gf said "is there someone in the kitchen" i had to go and look but noone there..................freaky stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

long time lurker here:) just recently finished reading through all this thread

I have no real experiences with anything paranormal but ever since i was a small child ive just always been afraid i will see something or like something is watching me.Especially when i lived in my old house in the country side.I think i do believe im just afraid to see anything.A few weeks ago i was sitting in my sitting room,really warm calm night out,suddenly the top of the curtain just starts flapping like mental for a good few seconds,i look over.Window is definitely closed,and no chance it could have moved like that or for that long with a small bit of breeze that could have came through the window cracks.We have brand new double glazing so its nigh on impossible anyway.I just calmly got up and went to bed.Theres been a few times when im on the border of half awake half asleep and i hear a voice or feel some wind in my ear and i just wake up completely not too sure of what just happened

bit crap compared to everyone elses stories i know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Shoop

So I've read this thing from start to finish and persuaded myself to finally register and join.

So my first experiance was when I was say 4 or 5, around that age. I was lying in bed which was at a right angle to the door, I turned around and saw a guy walk past the door and down the hall. I remember it was all white-ish (stereotypical much?) and strangley carrying a cup of something :confused:

The second that I can remember was last summer when while again in bed, I was sleeping facing the wall when suddendly I felt something poke me by my shoulder. I kind of ignored it at first, thinking it was just a slight muscle spasam which would end quickly, BUT it kept of going. Then I was suitably freaking out since if it was a memeber of my family poking me they'd surely have spoken or something. Then whatever was poking me started shaking me, like literally shaking me. At this stage I pulled the duvet over my head while it continued. It lasted say 20 seconds or so until I jumped out of bed and ran to teh sitting room and sat there until morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Great thread, heavy stuff shoop. Does anyone know of any ghost hunting groups in galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

smithcity wrote: »
    It's a funny thing. So many people have seen ghosts, or some kind of paranormal phenomena. It's not such an uncommon thing, yet even some people who have seen things, convince themselves that it was a trick of the light, a mistake, or that they dont remember it quite right.

I remember the first time I saw one, I convinced myself that I had just imagined it, same goes for the second time.
    It took a long time for the denial to go away and for me to be able to admit to myself that it's not a big deal, sometimes you can catch a glimpse of something. It's nothing to worry about.

I've never had a frightening or worrying experience, just seen people in my house, walking down the hallway, standing in a room. They are there for a moment, then gone.
    They have always looked like normal people, nothing gorey or scary, never threatening or ominous.

Then again, maybe they were just a trick of the light. Hmmm....

Yes thats the way i felt at the start, in denial, still do to an extent. Not scary at the time either, but thinking back, i get a little spooked. Thankfully not too many ghosts seen in my time so far, but seems to be happening more in my latter years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭offalyman

Very interesting thread, even tho i'm not entirely sure about ghosts. Lets just say I'm respectful of them just incase. I've had one or two experiences myself that were unexplainable. Foot steps and such when i've been in empty old houses on my own as part of a second job. I know i've heard them but nerver really paid much attention as I feel if it is going to hurt you it will other wise it is harmless.

The one thing that really freaked me in a big was a reaction of one of my friends one day while i was showing him around my home area of south offaly. Some of you may have heard of the Leap castle in Offaly. Its situated about 8 miles from Birr and 4 from Roscrea on the foot of the slieve bloom mountains. The castle is meant to be haunted by a ghost known as an Elemental i think its called. Its meant to be one of the most haunted places in the world. I've heard it said locally that when this ghost is present around you that you get this horrible sicking feeling in your stomach, the smell is horrid and you feel really ill at ease, almost on the verge of a panic attack. When it presents itself to you it can be quite voilent Like i said i was showing the guy around and pulled up just out side of the castle but never actually said what it was or made any reference to the storied. Suddenly my friend started screaming at me to drive the car, get him out of there. He had really just lost it. I must have traveled for 3 miles before I could get any sense out of him. Eventually he described all the symptom I did about. Say he was so scared. I then told him the story of the castle, which freaked him again.

I've been through the place once and never saw a think or felt a thing. It makes you think tho if someone with no knowlege of the place could have this reaction what caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I've been a long time wuss lurker but always been too afraid after reading this thread to post anything. :P

Anyway, I'm somewhat of a skeptic myself but family members have had experiences and I suppose I've had a few experiences that can't be too easily explained.

One night I was home alone (typically) sitting in our sitting room reading, when the radio came on behind me, blaring static. I jumped but turned around to switch it off, not thinking much of it, but the panel that shows the name of the radio station said "phantom". Now Phantom fm was programmed into the radio but we always got a good reception on it, never static. I know there are so many explanations for what could have happened but it freaked the bejeebus out of me and I went and hid in another room until someone came home. :o

I used to play drums, and they were always set up in my bedroom. The snare has snare wires running underneath it and any sound or movement will cause them to vibrate when the lever on the side of the drum is flipped up and the strings are tightened. When the lever is down the wires hang loose and don't make as much noise so when I wasn't playing them it would be flipped down. Anyway, one night I was lying in bed and suddenly the drum started to vibrate. There was no sound in the room other than that coming from the drum and no movement whatsoever that could have been causing it. The noise went on for about ten minutes and then just stopped as suddenly as it had started.

When my brother was 12 he and a friend were sleeping dowstairs in our sitting room when a moan/screaming sound started to come from a spot in the room. They were terrified so they woke up my dad and slept upstairs for the rest of the night. I've always been a little skeptical of this story but to this day (14 years later) he is adament that there was no explanation for it.

My mum has plenty of stories from her days working in a hospital in Dublin and my uncle has told me stories too but I'm still not sure what to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

offalyman wrote: »
    Very interesting thread, even tho i'm not entirely sure about ghosts. Lets just say I'm respectful of them just incase. I've had one or two experiences myself that were unexplainable. Foot steps and such when i've been in empty old houses on my own as part of a second job. I know i've heard them but nerver really paid much attention as I feel if it is going to hurt you it will other wise it is harmless.

The one thing that really freaked me in a big was a reaction of one of my friends one day while i was showing him around my home area of south offaly. Some of you may have heard of the Leap castle in Offaly. Its situated about 8 miles from Birr and 4 from Roscrea on the foot of the slieve bloom mountains. The castle is meant to be haunted by a ghost known as an Elemental i think its called. Its meant to be one of the most haunted places in the world. I've heard it said locally that when this ghost is present around you that you get this horrible sicking feeling in your stomach, the smell is horrid and you feel really ill at ease, almost on the verge of a panic attack. When it presents itself to you it can be quite voilent Like i said i was showing the guy around and pulled up just out side of the castle but never actually said what it was or made any reference to the storied. Suddenly my friend started screaming at me to drive the car, get him out of there. He had really just lost it. I must have traveled for 3 miles before I could get any sense out of him. Eventually he described all the symptom I did about. Say he was so scared. I then told him the story of the castle, which freaked him again.

I've been through the place once and never saw a think or felt a thing. It makes you think tho if someone with no knowlege of the place could have this reaction what caused it.

i called down there last november.i rang the castle owner and he gave us a tour.it was late in the evening and we had tea by the open fire he told us some spookey stories.it is a very strange place.but well worth visiting.id recommend it to everyone.

i didnt see or feel anything either but im sure if you stayed the night your bound to have some sort of experience something.

40144419.100_0785.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭xcarriex

Ok VERY long post ahead,

Its only taken me 2 weeks but i have finished reading and the weirdest things happeing, lately i have been going through some rocky patches, now im a big believer in angles and the cards etc, and have had them out a lot recently, and some weird stuff has happened,

A while ago was in my then bf's house and i used to get the weirdest feeling on one step going up his stairs, i know it sounds mental but just this one step used to send chills up and down my back, the house was haunted by something it just had that vibe, always hearing noises and movement, one night we were watching t.v and i dozed of and had this vivid dream about this very unique looking man, the next day i told him all the details, there was a lot of green in the dream i.e. his coat and jacket his eyes,jet black hair and a moustache and a picture fell down, abt 2 mths later his mam produced a pic of an uncle he never met, it was the bloke from the dream same jacket same shirt etc, then she went on to tell me the day he died a picture fell down in the house, my ex was standing there white as a ghost he thought i was a nutter before, but know knew i was onto something!

A while i was in bed and my room is a bit cozy, i had been sorting through clothes and a broche fell out didnt think much of it put it in my mams jewllery box and continued on, woke up the next day and mam came in saying she found a broche on her locker she had been keeping it up for me for a present but it had went missing, i nearly died when i seen it i didnt know what to do i told her the story was an aunt of mams had gave it to her and she held onto it, it wasnt expsive or anything!

Also another time in work @ reception and its quite open, but people have to pass me by to get behind, i was sitting there nice day, did have a bit of a chill, but nothing unusual doors opening and closing, when security called and asked who i was hiding behind my desk i was laughing didnt know what they were on about, thought nothing more of it, on lunch they showed me the cctv, and you can clearly see a girls head look out from behind my chair, spooked the living bejaysus outta me i have to say haha!

I know there tame compared to some, but i have to say i enjoy that buzz when there isnt a logical explanation for something,

Excellent thread BTW!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

xcarriex wrote: »
    Also another time in work @ reception and its quite open, but people have to pass me by to get behind, i was sitting there nice day, did have a bit of a chill, but nothing unusual doors opening and closing, when security called and asked who i was hiding behind my desk i was laughing didnt know what they were on about, thought nothing more of it, on lunch they showed me the cctv, and you can clearly see a girls head look out from behind my chair, spooked the living bejaysus outta me i have to say haha!

Did you ask for a copy of the CCTV footage? That would be awesome to see!

some one or thing is bothering me in my own house! I've passed it off for some time now, but last nite there was stuff going on while I was watching tv around midnight.

Hubby was asleep and I was deep into the tv programme and the movements, shadows, and white misty thing kept happening every ten to fifteen mins around the stairs area. I closed my living room door and later in the programme I just felt as if some one was in the room with me for a split second before some movement across in front of my Tv. Now its hard to describe this movement. This is all different to what I would have experienced over the years, like dreams, feelings, premonitions, etc. i'm not afraid, just bothered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭xcarriex

faceman wrote: »
    Did you ask for a copy of the CCTV footage? That would be awesome to see!

I have asked for the stills they said they will see can they transfer them for me, as scary as it is, didnt really bother me afterwards i was there all day today saying things and throwing an elastic ball around in a playful way to try get a reaction but nada!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Ken_Is_Here

Hi. I posted this in the Dead Mans knock thread i suppose it has more relevence here though.

I've experienced something similar a few times in my parents house.
    The first time i was sitting at the computer in a downstairs room beside the window looking to the back garden. I was surfing for......things i didn't want to be seen looking at when three knocks come on the window. I figured it was the aul lad out the back locking up or something so i stayed on the computer looking at other stuff and waited for him to come in and say something. The back door didn't open for him to come back in and a fair time had passed before i went to see what he was doing out the back for that long. When i got to the back door it was locked up and found he had been in bed the whole time.
    Ok so some prowler with views on what i should be looking at on the web perhaps??????? Spooked enough wether it was living, dead or undead. Definitely wasn't a family member.
    The next time was in the sitting room watching random late night tv when i dosed off and was woken by three knocks on the window. I jumped up and looked out the curtains and stayed looking for a while but i couldn't see anyone.
    Totally freaked at that stage but still not beyond the realm of possibility that a prowler waited at the window for the exact moment for me to nod off to do a late night nik-nak. Again wasn't a family member.
    The third time i was upstairs in bed and again had just dosed off when i woke up with the sound of three knocks on the window. Upstairs!!! i pulled the covers over my head and curlled up, needless to say, unable to sleep for a while.
    Sh*tting bricks i couldn't muster the courage to look out the window to see the fore mentioned nik nakking prowler dangling from a harness or legging down the road with a ladder on his shoulder.
    Was it coming from inside???? I can see that its different from the deadmans knock. It seems to be more of a playfull sort of thing than a sinister foreboding. still sh*t scary though.
    Other stuff has happened in the house of a less hollywood horror nature but still freaky none the less.
    I've since got my own house and nothing of a spooky nature to report from it happily.
    Any ideas on what it could be?
    My mam told me that a 'child of prague' statue fell off a windowsill when her dad passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Ken_Is_Here

When i was about 10 a group of us lads went to a place called 'the willdo'. It was along the dodder up past Thomas Davis Gaa pitches. To get to it we had to climb over barbbed wire fences, go through some thick trees and undergrowth to an open field (which had a faury ring). At the end of the field was a cliff, not a very high one but a bit of a struggle for a 101 year old.
    We were down the cliff looking for frog spawn as was the fassion when one of the guys looks up and says ''Look, the White lady'' i looked up at him and he was pointing behind me. I turned around to see a white shape gliding behind the trees heading in the direction of the cliff. I asked the guy who got a good look at 'her' what he saw exactly and he said it was a very old woman dressed in white. I was freaked and wanted to leave but the only way i knew out of the willdo was to climb up the cliff and cross the field where this thing was going.
    I didnt want to go alone so i waited till someone else would leave with me.
    By the time we left there was no sign of anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Hi. I posted this in the Dead Mans knock thread i suppose it has more relevence here though.

I've experienced something similar a few times in my parents house.
    The first time i was sitting at the computer in a downstairs room beside the window looking to the back garden. I was surfing for......things i didn't want to be seen looking at when three knocks come on the window. I figured it was the aul lad out the back locking up or something so i stayed on the computer looking at other stuff and waited for him to come in and say something. The back door didn't open for him to come back in and a fair time had passed before i went to see what he was doing out the back for that long. When i got to the back door it was locked up and found he had been in bed the whole time.
    Ok so some prowler with views on what i should be looking at on the web perhaps??????? Spooked enough wether it was living, dead or undead. Definitely wasn't a family member.
    The next time was in the sitting room watching random late night tv when i dosed off and was woken by three knocks on the window. I jumped up and looked out the curtains and stayed looking for a while but i couldn't see anyone.
    Totally freaked at that stage but still not beyond the realm of possibility that a prowler waited at the window for the exact moment for me to nod off to do a late night nik-nak. Again wasn't a family member.
    The third time i was upstairs in bed and again had just dosed off when i woke up with the sound of three knocks on the window. Upstairs!!! i pulled the covers over my head and curlled up, needless to say, unable to sleep for a while.
    Sh*tting bricks i couldn't muster the courage to look out the window to see the fore mentioned nik nakking prowler dangling from a harness or legging down the road with a ladder on his shoulder.
    Was it coming from inside???? I can see that its different from the deadmans knock. It seems to be more of a playfull sort of thing than a sinister foreboding. still sh*t scary though.
    Other stuff has happened in the house of a less hollywood horror nature but still freaky none the less.
    I've since got my own house and nothing of a spooky nature to report from it happily.
    Any ideas on what it could be?
    My mam told me that a 'child of prague' statue fell off a windowsill when her dad passed away.

thats what you get for surfing porn:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Im not too sure if this is a "paranormal experience" or not but a couple of days ago around mid afternoon me and my friend took a walk up to the end of his farm, he brought me into this old overgrown graveyard that doesnt look like it has been touched for 50 years. We were looking at the gravestones when I just feel completely tense and almost sick and felt I shouldnt have been there. Apparently that graveyard was for executed IRA members from around 1916. There's a shed beside it that was a small "prison" where they were held before being executed. Scary oul place, might take a trip up at night sometime but it'd be completely dark:pac: and i was getting the shivers during the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Well here's mine,About 2 years ago my brother died in a car accident,We both lived in a new extension built on the back of the house with windows looking up towards our shed,One night i was playing the playstation something we used to play alot,I think i was playing it with the window to my right and saw this very bright light moving along our field maybe 10 meters from me,I literally freaked out and looked away,When i turned around to look again i could just see it disappearing behind the hedge.The thing is although the light was bright,I couldn't see where it was shining,Like it wasn't shining in my window etc..

It's only now thinking about it,That many night I'd be in bed and I'd hear him walking up to the shed,I'd look out and see him using his phone as a light.

Not much but scared my young self all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 blacklawlessd

Did anyone ever actually physically touch a ghost?

Touched one - No, but if you move into the space that you've just seen a ghost occupy, you will find yourself freezing cold. The coldness will last for quite a while afterwards, and later still you will find that you have a blinding headache.

I've encountered more than a few, and even the skeptics that were present describe these same effects afterwards.

Touched one - No, but if you move into the space that you've just seen a ghost occupy, you will find yourself freezing cold. The coldness will last for quite a while afterwards, and later still you will find that you have a blinding headache.

I've encountered more than a few, and even the skeptics that were present describe these same effects afterwards.

interesting!
    I ran up our stairs once and half way up i hit a cold spot, it was as if a block of ice went through me for a split second, i stopped and stepped back into the space, but didn't feel it again. I;ve never felt any thing like it. The back of my neck felt cold for a few mins afterwards but that was it....is that the same kinda thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 41 blacklawlessd

Ghost Girl wrote: »
    interesting!
    ....is that the same kinda thing??

It is. I have a friend who has a mist type entity in her house. I'm reliably informed that another house in the same estate was so haunted that they had to leave due to doors opening and closing when they were in bed, and footsteps on the stairs etc.

In my pals house, it seems concentrated in the hallway between two beddrooms that are opposite each other. When we both stood in the spot where I'd seen the entity, we were freezing cold despite the heating being on. Talking to her afterwards she said that she had a severe headache, and the chills took a while to abate also.

I've read that conditions like depression and headaches can be caused by these types of entity being in your home. It kind of makes sense, we all know someone who saps your energy if you spend a few minutes in their company. Personally, I think that ghosts and spirits have a basis in physics and science. Though it could be centuries or milennia before they are understood.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

For those of you who think im a skeptic here's one of those stories that has put me firmly on the fence.

For the last 5 years something in my parents house randoming lets out a scream in the middle of the night.Happens irregularly ( sometimes 3 tims a week , sometimes once a month) and at different times during the night ( generally once though) and we checked everything from vents , press ,doors , electronics.

Weather conditions have also been excluded as a factor.

We also try and catch where the sound is coming from but it stops when we get there.

Heard it once when I lived there about 3 years ago at 2am when I was alone.

Didnt sleep a wink that night.

Still havent explained it but it returns every now and again.We named it Harry.Its freaky when you here it but we've come to take it as harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

TechFreak wrote: »
    For those of you who think im a skeptic here's one of those stories that has put me firmly on the fence.

For the last 5 years something in my parents house randoming lets out a scream in the middle of the night.Happens irregularly ( sometimes 3 tims a week , sometimes once a month) and at different times during the night ( generally once though) and we checked everything from vents , press ,doors , electronics.

Weather conditions have also been excluded as a factor.

We also try and catch where the sound is coming from but it stops when we get there.

Heard it once when I lived there about 3 years ago at 2am when I was alone.

Didnt sleep a wink that night.

Still havent explained it but it returns every now and again.We named it Harry.Its freaky when you here it but we've come to take it as harmless.

Good god that's freaky. Far more inexplicable than footsteps or draughts. is it a close-by kind of scream - does it sound like it's in the next room? Or far away? And does it always seem to come from the same place in the house?

Does everyone hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

pookie82 wrote: »
    Good god that's freaky. Far more inexplicable than footsteps or draughts. is it a close-by kind of scream - does it sound like it's in the next room? Or far away? And does it always seem to come from the same place in the house?

Does everyone hear it?

It starts off low and develops until it reachs a pitch and then just stops.My parents heard it first , orignally thinking we were burglared but all the family heard it on seperate occasions.

I thought they were all mad and being irrational.Then I heard it.It comes from either the kitchen , hall or living room.When I was there it sounded like came from the kitchen when I was in the living room and I ran in and nothing.

A friend of the family is a building inspector and we ruled out structural issues or vents.We got a flir imager to check for maybe micro fractures in the wall letting cold air in or from the chimney and all came up normal.

Its disconcerting when you hear it but you kinda get use to it.When my parents hear it now they dont even bother checking it out.

As I said its irregular with no pattern to it occuring.
    Good looking try to get it on camera or on tape though.I tried for two weeks and not a peep.

House is in an urban area and dates from the 70's and no werid history that we know of.

TechFreak wrote: »
    It starts off low and develops until it reachs a pitch and then just stops.

Could be the banshee.

• Advertisement

It is. I have a friend who has a mist type entity in her house. I'm reliably informed that another house in the same estate was so haunted that they had to leave due to doors opening and closing when they were in bed, and footsteps on the stairs etc.

In my pals house, it seems concentrated in the hallway between two beddrooms that are opposite each other. When we both stood in the spot where I'd seen the entity, we were freezing cold despite the heating being on. Talking to her afterwards she said that she had a severe headache, and the chills took a while to abate also.

I've read that conditions like depression and headaches can be caused by these types of entity being in your home. It kind of makes sense, we all know someone who saps your energy if you spend a few minutes in their company. Personally, I think that ghosts and spirits have a basis in physics and science. Though it could be centuries or milennia before they are understood.

Ok, the headakes thing is interesting. I've always suffered from tension headakes, and migraines, but seriously don't link my headakes to any thing paranormal. In terms of my house, well various little things have happened since I moved in a few years ago. My sister, mother and husband has experienced stuff aswell ( and my hubby is a total sceptic, but can't explain what happened to him!!)

Soon after we moved in I was lying on my bed and heard foot steps on the landing moving from one end to the other, and presumed it was my husband searching the hotpress, and i spoke to him as if it was, but got no reply and when the foot steps stopped i called out to him, and then shouted and eventually got an answer from him down stairs, i was a little freaked. He had not been up stairs, in fact he'd been watching tv down stairs. I thought it was him in his slippers, but he had his hard shoes on, and swore he wasn't up.

When talking to a neighbour a few days after i found out that it was the first anniversary of a person who had bought a house beside us. They were shot a year ago that day. (not in the house!!) So I'm hoping it was him, back, just a little lost!!!

Advertisement