Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas A1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

whats the story with the luas extention to citywest is it still going ahead?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Cherrywood is first then onto Bray AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Should be finished by 3210

Has it even started yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Go get 'em biko!

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah its still going ahead, The land is there and pretty flat so no bridges or anything like that so it should be constructed quickly enough. I'd say start of 2010 for launch.

Maybe a mod could move this to commuting and transport...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

its being privately funded by jim mansfield(citywest hotel) and the owners of citywest business park so it will take a quarter of the time then if it was a government run job

Ok its just u have a house up there that um thinking of selling
    and the proposed station is right outside the estate
    but i dont think they have even started it yet
    supposed to be ready in 2009
    http://buckplanning.blogspot.com/2007/04/work-begins-on-luas-extension.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

roughan wrote: »

Same as myself but hopefully the market will rebound a bit and the LUAS line will add some more value to properties in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A railway order application has been made for the Saggart extension. AFAIK, The spur is now from the Belgard stop, and will terminate in Saggart itself, near the junction of Garter and Fortunestown Lanes. It's still mooted for 2010.

The Cherrywood extension seems to definitely underway as I've seen parts of the bridge construction.

Commuting and transport would be a better bet for Luas info.
    Is it going to be extended to Cork? cos if not i dont care very much for this thread.

Stop viewing it, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

my name is Vincent Salafia - I think this should not go ahead for a coupla years - I will therefore hold it up on the grounds that I wish to be a pain in the ass to every infrastructural project in Ireland.

On a different note if I hear one more announcement about transport 21, I will kill someone - how many times can they trot out the same auld shi*t without actually doing anything about it ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is currently with An Bord Pleanála awaiting a report from their inspector which will lead to a railway order.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Should be finished by 3210
    Someone's optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

The railway order application is listed here with a decision date of 17/June/2008
    http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/NA0002.htm

RPA say they will complete the line by end 2010 and start services in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

So how will this work in conjunction with the existing line? Someone told me that it would link with the existing link in Cookstown. Does that mean in the future if you get a Luas from from the Square they'll go less frequestly than now because they'll have to share the track with ones leaving from Citywest.

The proposal is that:

1. Heuston-Belgard will increase from 12/hour to 15/hour.
    2. Belgard-Tallaght will decrease from 12/hour to 10/hour.
    3. Heuston-Citywest will start with 5/hour. A shuttle will operate from Citywest to Belgard at 5/hour meeting Heuston-Tallaght trams, giving a total of 10/hour Heuston-Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Victor wrote: »
    The proposal is that:

3. Heuston-Citywest will start with 5/hour. A shuttle will operate from Citywest to Belgard at 5/hour meeting Heuston-Tallaght trams, giving a total of 10/hour Heuston-Citywest.

Victor - any idea why it was quoted as Heuston to [destination]? Is it just to avoid the additional confusion of any Connolly to Heuston shuttles (could any actually fit if the normal peak freqency was every 4 minutes?) or whatever other schedule changes are required when C1 comes online??

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Victor wrote: »
    The proposal is that:

so 15 an hour through the city centre on-street section - Tramageddon!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭weehamster

Tramageddon
    :D
    I can just imagine a film of the same title starring Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck, where the two stars are on Middle Abbey Street and are running (in slow-mo of course) from a huge explosion caused by 2 trams hitting each other. :D

dazberry wrote: »
    Victor - any idea why it was quoted as Heuston to [destination]? Is it just to avoid the additional confusion of any Connolly to Heuston shuttles (could any actually fit if the normal peak freqency was every 4 minutes?)
    Thats just me simplifying things, they hope for another 3 shuttle trams Heuston-Connolly/The Point in the am peak.
    dazberry wrote: »
    or whatever other schedule changes are required when C1 comes online??
    The hope for Tallaght-The Point and Citywest-Connolly or vice versa.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

That article is wrong. It still hasn't started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bigi

OTK wrote: »
    The railway order application is listed here with a decision date of 17/June/2008
    http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/NA0002.htm

Anyone heard anything on this decision (due yesterday)?

bigi wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything on this decision (due yesterday)?
    The order was granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bigi

Thanks OTK, where did you hear this? I can't find any news on it.

Bord Pleanala has the decision and the conditions of grant available in their offices, they just haven't published it on their web site. They don't always get around to updating their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 scab-e

Story now being carried by RTE
    http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0618/luas.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Another urban sprawl nightmare (Citywest of course!) falls to public transport. As Faith No More said, "It's the small victories...."

• Advertisement

I got a copy of the order yesterday.

Nothing major, the conditions are essentially a bunch of agreements between the RPA and SDCC. The oddest one is that SDCC is retaining ownership of land under the tramway and hte trams will operate on a public right of way.

Advertisement