Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric r/c truck

Options
  • 24-02-2006 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

i was thinking of getting an r/c monster truck for messing around in the back garden and was wondering if any body had info or recomendations for any.Im thinking about electric as it is less expensive than nitro. I would also like it to be in kit form if possible but not necessary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I might have one of these for sale.Associated T4

Running or rolling chassis.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

how much would that cost and what do you mean by running or rolling chassis

Running means basically put in a battery and use it.

Rolling chassis means that you get to choose whatever radio gear etc. you want to put in it.;)

id probably go for the running then because as you can probably tell i dont know that much about them

i found this its more of what i was looking for whats your opinions
    http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=17188&View=BiggerPicture

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

i dont know much about them or any electrics:o but the e-maxx is supposed to be a very good leccie truck tho i think it costs

sorry double post

thats the type im after but its very expensive almost £300 sterling on that modelsport site. i was thinking around the €150-€200 mark

you get what u pay for really so i dont think the bigfoot or blackfoot(cant remember) mighnt be that great ;-/ have u thought of 1/18 scale

is there much of a difference apart from size:confused:

• Advertisement

quailty back up parts (u will need! and hop ups are nice but not much that way for the tamiya one id say

thanks for the info do you know of any good (irish) sites that have more information about them or sell them;)

Well to be honest i went through all my electric stuff today and found I dont have any spares to build ir into a ready to run model.
    It would have to be sold as is and stick the electrics in after yourself.
    i may be able to stick a Motor and steering servo in there ok for you.
    cheers

roughly how much would it cost for what you have got and what i would then have to get. could you point me in the right direction for what i would need aswell. Thanks

That is the actual truck in the backround of this pic.
    I am also selling the Green buggy on the front.

I would have to sort price
    what you would need to get the truck running would be

Handset to send signal to truck { and batteries =8x AA}
    Receiver [ to pickup the signal from the handset ]

Speed control..( This acts as an accelerator speeds the truck up as you push the throttle stick on the handset.)

OK,
    Now you would need some batteries to run it.
    here you have a choice of
    Stick pack batteries which are fine for messing about.
    OR
    Saddle pack cells.. These are more race batteries and are much more expensive but push the truck harder and faster. ;)

Then you need a charger to charge them..

This is where Coolwings might be able to sort you. ;)

ourcollection0hs.jpg

dont forget me and me wanting it free (would pay p&p tho...);)

i used to have one very similar to the one in the link earlier it had all the chargers and remote control and everthing. the only problem is it stopped working years ago and its been lieing in a cupboard since i tried to get it fixed but they said it was busted. the remote control and chargers would still work though

They arre all basically the same
    except that I would imagine that the speed control in your one would have been a Mechanical one.
    Maybe not ..
    but they should be good to go really. ;)

if its a real model and not a toy one, there liing to say its busted i think, cant be too hard to get going if u still have it

its definately not a toy one its got the stick type battery and the big remote with 8 batteries.i havent looked at it in years and the soonest i could get a look at it would be the week after next. as far as i can remember the connection for the battery started to heat up and melted itself to the connection on the truck.the pins for holding the body on were all broke as well

• Advertisement

a bit of dremel work would cut off that melted stuff, and if its not the standered connecters (since if u use it again they will need replacing) is it possible to solder on some more standered ones? anyway, i dont tink there is a need for a new one, u may need a few tools or someone here *may* do it foru... (i doubt that :p)

sorry another double post im not sure why i keep doing this

i guess i will have to wait and see i would probably need a new battery anyway and some of the connectors. i could probably mess about with it myself and if i messed it up it wouldnt be a big waste of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Father_Ted

If your still looking for an electric truck to bash around with, I would highly recommend a Traxxas Stampede. I bought one a couple of years ago in the states and it can take a lot of abuse.

ah yes forgot about that, and i think they have one called a rustler?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

This Mini T is an 1:18th electric truck ...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50950431&postcount=1

ohhh how do i get single posts?

that mini t looks pretty good in the video it could be an option but i think ill wait and see if my old one can be fixed next week. by the way does anyone know were i could get the parts i need (battery and new connectors for a start) probably on the net(reliable sites that have been used before with no problems) because i dont think there are any model shops in dundalk. Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Flunked wrote:
    ohhh how do i get single posts?
    Hover the cursor over the post number at the top right hand side of the post, you will see the link info at window bottom.
    If you right click on the post number and get properties, the link can be "copy & pasted " into a new reply if required.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Don't need to go to that much hassle. Before you hit the reply button, right click on the post number, click on "Copy shortcut" in IE, or "copy link location" in Firefox, then in your post box, right click and hit paste, or hold the control key and press the "v" key....now back on topic! :)

Advertisement