Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Results (so far)

Options
  • 23-02-2006 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Referendum is passed
    Denise Keogh elected welfare officer
    Rob elected Education.
    the contentious ones are to come. shane has a frightening percentage of these two races and could really have an affect on the presidential count.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I voted Shane for pres (as no. 3 choice... :o )

What was the referendum about (actually what was the constitution about?) I didn't know anything about it and in times of doubt preserve the status quo (I voted no...) But now that's it's passed I would like to know what saying yes meant...

www.tcdsu.org and follow the links...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Referendum is passed
    Rob elected Education.
    the contentious ones are to come. shane has a frightening percentage of these two races and could really have an affect on the presidential count.
    Is Shane playing the Ralph Nader?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Plunky wrote:
    www.tcdsu.org and follow the links...?
    Doesn't seem to work when I search for either referendum or constitution... do you have a link to the actual article discussing it?

• Advertisement

Referendum is passed
    Rob elected Education.
    Fair play Denise Keogh, Rob and Ross for the Referendum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 baldur0300

Well done to those elected. Any news on the other elections yet. Anybody see piranha. I'm not exactly easily shocked but I was shocked by that yoke from cover to cover. It wasn't funny just abusive.

abusive to the maxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pCiaran

that murph the smurf beat Jane Cassidy to Ents by 66 votes
    pCiaran

• Advertisement

really? wow...

Jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Do the results actually get announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

"Dónal McCormack to relocate college creche down pants" :D
    baldur0300 wrote:
    It wasn't funny just abusive.
    Ah dont be so sensitive, it's hilarious tbh. Need to get your desensitisation on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Ah dont be so sensitive, it's hilarious tbh. Need to get your desensitisation on
    Some of it was funny, but i'd agree quite alot of it was plain abusive with random **** thrown in at the end to make it look 'non personal'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭osd

Dave is ahead of Harmon by 18 votes but there's a recount!

The constitution was low key because it basically boiled down to a tiny campaign team.
    I am really sorry if you didn't hear about it Thirdfox but there is only so much I could do.
    Go to www.tcdsu.org/crg to find out more...
    I'll do a postering campaign at least to promote the headlining changes in coming weeks!
    A notable change is that any 10 students of the college (ie non-class reps) can bring motions to SU Council. Also Disability has been added to the Union's non-discrimination policy. Changes to the exec were also made.
    Ross

Some of it was funny, but i'd agree quite alot of it was plain abusive with random **** thrown in at the end to make it look 'non personal'
    Just what might you be alluding to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭osd

Also Simon Hall definitely won dep pres.

To sum up:

Prez: Dave Quinn (recount in progress & Harmon has made up 10 votes in the first re-round)
    Dep Prez: Simon Hall
    Education: Rob Kearns
    Welfare: Denise Keogh
    Ents: Barry Murphy (recount in progress)
    Referendum: Yes

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Just what might you be alluding to?
    well the piece on denise seemed just harsh. didn't read the entire thing, but the first paragraph was a blatant attack , the next section was a complete tangent i guess to make some sort of disassociation....

o and for those that don't know, dec managed to soil himself on his ballot paper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

o and for those that don't know, dec managed to soil himself on his ballot paper

Yeh woh?

• Advertisement

well the piece on denise seemed just harsh. didn't read the entire thing, but the first paragraph was a blatant attack , the next section was a complete tangent i guess to make some sort of disassociation....
    They said shane obrien looks like a pre-op autistic tranny. That mcguirk looks like a pig. I don't see you shouting about them? The first paragraph apparently isn't even in reference to her, the latter ones are. In the general tone of the mag you gotta expect this kinda thing though. Put yourself in the public, what do you expect a satirical mag such as this to do? It's gonna tear you apart, find any apparent faults and exploit them.

That's why I think they actually supported shane o brien somewhat. He really put himself out there and doesn't seem to care whatsoever.

o and for those that don't know, dec managed to soil himself on his ballot paper ;)
    Needs explanation tbh ;)
    Dec says:
    I poo'd on my ballot paper before submitting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Too tired to add formatting. Maybe in the morning.

Constitutional Referendum

Votes cast: 2602
    Spoiled: 424
    Valid poll: 2178

Yes: 1631
    No: 547

Referendum carried

President (after two recounts)

Votes cast: 2720
    Spoiled: 55
    Valid poll: 2665
    Quota: 1333

First count

McGoldrick 101
    McGuirk 351
    Murtagh 826
    O'Brien 78
    Quinn 841
    Treacy 348
    RON 120

McGoldrick, O'Brien and RON eliminated

Second count

McGuirk + 23 = 374
    Murtagh + 59 = 885
    Quinn + 38 = 879
    Tracey + 33 = 381
    Non transferable = 146

McGuirk and Tracey eliminated

Third count

Murtagh + 225 = 1110
    Quinn + 248 = 1127

Quinn elected without reaching the quota

Deputy President

Votes cast: 2681
    Spoiled: 180
    Valid poll: 2501
    Quota: 1251

First count

Flaherty 309
    Hall 1185
    Mallon 431
    O'Brien 349
    RON 227

RON eliminated

Second count

Flaherty + 12 = 321
    Hall + 24 = 1209
    Mallon + 9 = 440
    O'Brien + 12 = 361
    Non transferable = 170

Flaherty eliminated

Third count

Hall + 117 = 1326
    Mallon + 65 = 505
    O'Brien + 21 = 382
    Non transferable = 118

Simon Hall elected on passing the quota

Education Officer

Votes cast: 2663
    Spoiled: 155
    Valid poll: 2508
    Quota: 1255

First count

Bennison 369
    Kearns 1467
    O'Brien 413
    RON 259

Robert Kearns elected on passing the quota

Welfare Officer

Votes cast: 2694
    Spoiled: 144
    Valid poll: 2550
    Quota: 1276

First count

Keogh 1918
    O'Brien 362
    RON 270

Denise Keogh elected on passing the quota

Ents Officer

Votes cast: 2738
    Spoiled: 49
    Valid poll: 2689
    Quota: 1345

First count

Cassidy 899
    Mulcahy 454
    Murphy 959
    O'Brien 67
    O'Neill 265
    RON 45

O'Brien, O'Neill and RON eliminated

Second count

Cassidy + 68 = 967
    Mulcahy + 57 = 511
    Murphy + 70 = 1029
    Non transferable = 182

Mulcahy eliminated

Third count

Cassidy + 177 = 1144
    Murphy + 183 = 1212
    Non transferable = 151

Murphy elected without reaching the quota

ApeXaviour wrote:
    They said shane obrien looks like a pre-op autistic tranny. That mcguirk looks like a pig. I don't see you shouting about them?
    1) I was only shown the page with her on it, haven't read the thing cover to cover
    2) I know denise, so really i'm not going to care about people i don't know...

The first paragraph apparently isn't even in reference to her,
    Thats rather irrlevent, it wasn't funny, it was just some stupid idiot having a go at people. Its one thing for parana to make a joke out of crap, but that really is a whole other matter.
    the latter ones are. In the general tone of the mag you gotta expect this kinda thing though.
    The latter ones if i recall correctly have only one thing to do with denise, which is where she's from, it could be a random paragraph taken from anything from what i can tell. just the locality substituted in. It wasn't comedy, those were just bizzare...
    Put yourself in the public, what do you expect a satirical mag such as this to do? It's gonna tear you apart, find any apparent faults and exploit them.
    i'd expect a satirical mag, to well be funny. It really reeked of them having nothing interesting to say so just attack some candidates, if any of what i read was funny i really wouldn't have cared less what it said, its what the mags about, but last time i checked its goal wasn't to just go insult people to fill the page?

faults? you mean calling someone ugly in a mag is exploiting a fault?

And for the record, as to the other candidates, if the descriptions were of a similar vein I'd probally disagree with them also.........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm stuck in town :(.

College won't let me in.

I just bought a night in a cybercafé :(:(:(.

Dónal wouldn't help me either! :(:(:(

Quinn definitely won. It was as close as 5 votes out of 2700 at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

I'm stuck in town :(.

College won't let me in.

I just bought a night in a cybercafé :(:(:(.

Dónal wouldn't help me either! :(:(:(

hahahahahahahhahah this guy kevin was looking for you.wouldnt say why though.

Kev who?

Kev from boards? WTF?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hahahahahahahhahah this guy kevin was looking for you.wouldnt say why though.

he was looking for him for bad mouthing muph's team, watch your back, your a wanted man( no joke).

david quinn will destroy trinity... i pity the fools who voted for him( 1st and 2nd year arts people i think). this guy will...WILL destroy any reputation the college has, thank god simon got vice, great man, i hope he puts that quinn character in his place( a few hundred votes behind harman...). muph for ents.... enough said, the man deserved it

Right. I gave Barry Murphy my number 2.

Fair enough.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

good man, sure kevs a lovely guy really, he's just passionate bout the cause. possibly the 'winner' of pres might have peed the guy off to. i was there and there was some reporter acting the dick with him prevoking him and that lead onto you, he'd hear rumours of the boards bashing he recieved

• Advertisement

The dick reporter who walked away from him twice and apologised for causing him bother was me.

And if he'd like to return the notes he took from me that would be appreciated.

Search boards. I don't think I've said anything about any ents candidates, nevermind singling Murphy out.

TBH his mates were there were apologising to me for his behaviour. He took it up the wrong way. The chap clearly had a few on him and that's grand. I appreciate that, and I appreciate he wasn't happy when I told him I couldn't let him know who I was writing for.

I then told him and he still wasn't very happy. I asked the bloke what we wanted me to do and, quite frankly, he couldn't say what he wanted.

And as I said, if he'd like to return the notes that'd be nice of him.

Advertisement