Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag week

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I think about 5 students actually know what it stands for....ah no not really.
    It stands for Raise and Give. its a charity week. but all we ever seem to do is get pissed and not raise much money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Do you need a ticket to go to the SU on Monday night? Or do you just need one to get into the Venue? I've missed the bar ex but I still wanna go for a few scoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

*Lolly* wrote:
    Lol! well do you have anything i could lend? :D

Im afraid the only thing i have is my birthday suit and thats for keeps :D

Lend to who?

*head suffers grammar implosion*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Nala wrote:
    Do you need a ticket to go to the SU on Monday night? Or do you just need one to get into the Venue? I've missed the bar ex but I still wanna go for a few scoops!

Ticket is for the Bar-Ex, so whole building. You'll probably be alright til about half eight-ish but after that you'll need a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Smurfpiss wrote:
    I think about 5 students actually know what it stands for....ah no not really.
    It stands for Raise and Give. its a charity week. but all we ever seem to do is get pissed and not raise much money...

Not entirely! In past Rags there have been some great charities helped with loads of dosh. I think in Rag Week '98, almost £12,000 was raised for Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children - that was a whopping amount of money back then.

Seanie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

Seanie M wrote:
    Not entirely! In past Rags there have been some great charities helped with loads of dosh. I think in Rag Week '98, almost £12,000 was raised for Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children - that was a whopping amount of money back then.

Seanie.

It was 8 years ago not 80 but yeah that's an impressive amount. I don't see the likes of that being raised again even with so many more students about campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Well as of a few minutes ago, the only bar ex that still has a few tickets available is Tuesday's Hollywood Bar Ex, and there's less than 30 left of those!

Complete sell out of all RAG week Bar Exs, has this EVER happened before, or at least in recent times?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

trekkypj wrote:
    Well as of a few minutes ago, the only bar ex that still has a few tickets available is Tuesday's Hollywood Bar Ex, and there's less than 30 left of those!

Complete sell out of all RAG week Bar Exs, has this EVER happened before, or at least in recent times?

yeah true, its never really happened before.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

ACtually apart from last year, every rag week was a seel out and the used to raise a hell of alot more money, back 98-2001, over
    £12,000 each year, there's been a severe lack of fundraising over the last couple of years, no real events aimed to soley raise money- yes while the bar-exs are sold out? how much cash goes to the chairty per ticket sold? any?? And also when costs are balanced off against the money paid to bands (bands are quite **** this year so prob won't cost too mcuh), how much goes to the charity.

Pretty poor showing all round. Priorities askew.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Jaysus I was in some state last night. Refused from Dunnes and the SU.

Top notch stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

congratulations, or something

Thanks, I'm gonna try go one better tonight and be refused from the LA tonight. Its good to know I have your backing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Thanks, I'm gonna try go one better tonight and be refused from the LA tonight. Its good to know I have your backing!
    not a chance! Its virually impossible to get refused from there without actually getting violent with the bouncers.:D

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    not a chance! Its virually impossible to get refused from there without actually getting violent with the bouncers.:D

Didn't end up going near the LA, but spent a good while in casualty in Blanchardstown tonight! A mate of mine slipped in the venue and cracked her head off the floor...

The week goes from strength to strength!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

That's awful, the SU has been an accident waiting to happen for the last week tho. Rugs in the middle of the dance floor, that curl up at the corners to kill you, or puddles everywhere that you can slip on, and that's even before you get to the drunken people that like to push the little folk over.

That said I'm very drunken right now and I had a DEADLY night out in the su. DJ was very good, n the bands in the venue didn't suck at all. Wasn't over packed either, just comfortable.

Good good, drunken shenanigan night over all....

Drink on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Ernesto

Ernesto wrote:
    thurs - was supposed to be turn & picturehouse but Ents f*cked up with a double bookin so no Turn.
    sorry,

my bad, Ents didnt **** up... t'was a certain ess yu prezeeedent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Rag Week is killing me slowly....I left the pub at 12 lastnight and it was only Wednesday...two more nights to go....I cannae take it no more!

(Though I will be breaking in to Touching Virus gaff to steal all his left over drink from lastnight!)

ClareBear wrote:
    Rag Week is killing me slowly....I left the pub at 12 lastnight and it was only Wednesday...two more nights to go....I cannae take it no more!

(Though I will be breaking in to Touching Virus gaff to steal all his left over drink from lastnight!)

You should have come to the Glenroyal after with us, it was free in (i'm not joking- it's the only way i'd go to it)

Full of people it was and for once my old-ness wasn't annoyed too much by the music (until the very end-when they went crappy dance ala country roads and maniac) Was vastly superior to the ****e played in Bradys where the DJ (and i'm using DJ in the most loose sense of the phrase) plays the same mix-cd, albeit on shuffle, every night. Talk about a glorified juke-box of, and lets face it alot of ****e music...

Back to the glenroyal, i also saw a girl that looked like the pretty blonde doctor from scrubbs, and then i went home.

lordgoat wrote:
    You should have come to the Glenroyal after with us, it was free in (i'm not joking- it's the only way i'd go to it)

Full of people it was and for once my old-ness wasn't annoyed too much by the music (until the very end-when they went crappy dance ala country roads and maniac) Was vastly superior to the ****e played in Bradys where the DJ (and i'm using DJ in the most loose sense of the phrase) plays the same mix-cd, albeit on shuffle, every night. Talk about a glorified juke-box of, and lets face it alot of ****e music...

Back to the glenroyal, i also saw a girl that looked like the pretty blonde doctor from scrubbs, and then i went home.

Well I didn't know you cool dudes were out. But the Glenroyal??? I don't care if you were paid to go there, shame on you Mr Goat!

i know i know, but it was on the way home and free... free?? Thinking of going to that table quiz in the roost later but i already said i'd go out in town and i'm now desperatly trying to get out of it... for shame...

• Advertisement

You and your table quizzes! Geek!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

Anyone else think that Wednesday night was the maddest night of any Rag week ever? What the hell is wrong with some people? They wrecked the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The more I hear about the ****e hawking that goes on during rag week the happier I am that I stayed the **** away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

This year's was the worst for stupidity of all time apparently. No wonder the locals dread this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

ClareBear wrote:

There's no more drink for j00...we drank it all :D

Ya missed our party by going home..though it got busted at 2:30 by the landlord ...fun and games :D

I had a great rag week, though it was more the company and drinkin than the events :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

TV if you live where I think you live then it was your fault that we were gettin the door banged down at 3am on wednesday night!? *cough*not that I was staying there or anything. Ye feckers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

ArcadeFred wrote:
    TV if you live where I think you live then it was your fault that we were gettin the door banged down at 3am on wednesday night!? *cough*not that I was staying there or anything. Ye feckers anyway!

Dunno, we didnt get no door banged down at 2:30 ..infact, the landlord just walked right in :p:p

And as far as i'm aware, there be no overnight guests allowed were i live *cough* :D:D

Advertisement