Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #5: "Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness" by The Smashing Pumpkins

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wellingtonia

Must say I love it. I wouldn't change a thing on it. It was completely over-played by me at one stage in my life though and I had to give it a break for a couple of months! I listen to it regularly now though and it doesn't grow old.

Also, I subscribed to their page on myspace and received this bulletin:

*****OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*****

The Smashing Pumpkins have made their first official announcement of an appearance in 2007. The band will headline both Rock am Ring (6/2/07) and Rock im Park (6/3/07) Festivals in Germany. Tickets are available beginning on Saturday, January 27, 2007. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.tickets-per-post.de/tickets-per-post/Main.php. Check out the festival website for more information http://www.rock-am-ring.com. Stay tuned for many more announcements…

Off to Germany we go! (I wish)

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed that the Germany gig is discussed here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055037680

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

went back to listening to this album this week cus i had a couple of long car journeys. the journeys passed in no time at all. WHAT an album!

it just makes me feel good and young(er) again. i dont think i gotten to know many albums as well as i know this album. i just dont spend as much time on albums anymore to get to know them that intimately.

there is an unofficial bootleg cd out there somewhere that I saw, where some used the official artwork and a third cd with about 20+ b-sides. it contained ugly, marquis in spades medallia of the grey skies (one of my favourite songs ever) to name a few. the pumpkins really hit a purple patch then.

Advertisement