Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bebo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I don't think banning it's a good option - I think instead of banning websites students should just be made aware that those with project work/essays have preference to the pcs and such students are allowed chuck people who are using the likes of bebo/boards.ie/football365 whatever off the computers if they need the computer to do work on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

It takes a good while to get a computer in the Venus labs alright. It usen't to be that bad. I mean, when you come in in an obvious rush, and you see about 12 people around you clicking on random things on the desktop to see what you do, it's enough to drive you mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

I think Bebo's unreal. Practically everyone I know has it now and the quizzes can be funny. But those annoying emails come like every second now... At least they're adding the Irish schools because they say they want it to be really successful here or somethin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

college all over the country are banning it, you'll be next , death to bebo,

proud student of carlow it which has been bebo free for 8 days now

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Fast_Mover wrote:
    like the boole is packed at the best of times and that was before bebo came on the scene..i think its only right it should be banned,, other people do have work to get done!!

/me sits back in computer lab, with 60 PC's, 40 of which are unused! Ah the advantages of a Comp Sys building!
    college all over the country are banning it, you'll be next , death to bebo,

proud student of carlow it which has been bebo free for 8 days now

Death to bebo indeed! YAY!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

For shame about those who picked bebo for the project :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

ya tis very gud!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I don't see what all the fuss is about either. I get bored of it pretty quickly, and as Rozie said it's not exactly the best designed website ever. I'll take forums and LiveJournal over Bebo any day.

And I wouldn't mind if it gets banned - it's abuse of facilities which are supposed to be there for work and education, not arsing around. It'll probably just be a fad though. Bebo = the new Pogs ^_^

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Bebo = the new Pogs ^_^

Diss bebo all you like, but dont speak ill of pogs. Must go home and find my collection :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

it's abuse of facilities which are supposed to be there for work and education, not arsing around.

But thats all you do on them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Somebody has to petition ITD to get bebo banned! i would but i dont work there anymore...:(

An Focail had a wee article wrt Bebo and there was a quote that if the college was to ban bebo, what else would they have to ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ya its official bebo will not be banned from UL

cooperguy wrote:
    Ya its official bebo will not be banned from UL

Official? how is this? it can't be.....noooooo! :mad:

(in case you havent picked up on it i think bebo is a waste of time)

I wonder if they could ban it under the HEAnet acceptable usage policy for the phat pipe UL are using for the web...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

kodute wrote:
    Official? how is this? it can't be.....noooooo! :mad:

(in case you havent picked up on it i think bebo is a waste of time)

official ITD guy said it officially in An Focal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

RTE TV listings are the most visited site apparently. Does that mean ITD should ban the RTE website?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I heard Bebo *is* going to banned this week. Maybe my friends can't read?

:)

just read the an focail article...gordon young (the head honcho down there) is against banning it.

If you cant beat them, abstain...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

No banning needed, fad seems to be dying on its own accord.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Explain...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

No banning needed, fad seems to be dying on its own accord.
    Your kidding:eek:
    Went in to the lib (i know shock horror) and had to use the pc's and nearly everyone there was on Bebo. There is looking at a site and there is this epidemic. My house mate hasnt got off his in about a week:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

There was a big thing on Dave Fanning's show about it last night, people were ringing in for and against it for all the reasons stated in this thread. Someone mentioned as well, and it's a fair point that it is techie people who mostly hate the site, and well... I guess that is proved to be very true going by this thread.

Boo to the Bebo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

im not a techie and im against it..perhaps im just a concerned student teacher looking out for well being of the children:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Fast_Mover wrote:
    im not a techie and im against it..perhaps im just a concerned student teacher looking out for well being of the children:rolleyes:

Yeah... well my brother goes to Mary I and he actually had a conversation with one of the students about being on bebo. Guess he's not as concerned...

Anyway, I recently got rid of my account because of all the spam messages I was getting.

[And just to clarify, the only reason I got the damned thing in the first place was because of my gf... or ex... ah, its complicated]

Otacon wrote:
    [And just to clarify, the only reason I got the damned thing in the first place was because of my gf... or ex... ah, its complicated]

There is such a thing as too much information sport.

To PI with j00 I tell ya!!! :)

Advertisement