Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bebo

Options
  • 20-02-2006 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Anyone registered on bebo.com? It's my new addiction

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

All i seem to get is "join my bebo" NO!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Nukem wrote:
    All i seem to get is "join my bebo" NO!

Damn straight, annoying as hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Peteee wrote:
    Damn straight, annoying as hell

stfu bird_fu...well..we know the truth ;) :v:

back to bed with ya and keep yer sickness in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

As all i hear everyone saying about it is thats its ''addictive" hense im avoiding it on purpose..im already addicted to enough stuff...eg,boards,chocolate, etc..

and for the record kaimera(happy now 440?!:D )..we dont want Pete back in cork and bringing what ever he has with him and infecting the rest of us and causing an epidemic!!lol..ye can keep him in that house of yer's, lock his door and throw away the key!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭*yoda*

very addictive around FYP time. Not really sure why but everyone seems to have joined. Its great!

• Advertisement

i havnt joined...and if any more of my friends send me an email about it and telling me to join im gonna scream!!!
    Was in computer room in college today for a wee bit and every single person around the place(no joke!)was on this fecking Bebo thing!!lik WTF!!!!...And there was lonesome in the middle of things on boards!!:o ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Fast_Mover wrote:
    and for the record kai..

Ohhhh so its 'kai' now is it.. and I thought you hadn't even met our wild card entry!!

Very personal indeed... eh kai? (oops) :v:

ftr, Pete is in Cork and keeping his birdFlU there. :v:

is bebo the schools/college thing I'm looking at right now?

ffs, no UL so must be a waste of time imo.

ffs..he's intoxicating corks fresh air so as we speak!! some people have no consideration!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It'a all right, Pete's in the far north of the county, his nasty virus will take weeks to travel down to where you're from and it'll probably have died by then. Unless it's the new super-peteee birdflustrain.

• Advertisement

suppose there more chance it will spread faster to limerick than beautiful east cork!!lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Too late he's in Cork as we speak spreading the infection. Its Peteee's strain of the H5N1 Bird Flu genetically altered for rapid spread among the human population of wherever he's from. Beware if you spot Pete in your vacinity do not approach him as he is highly infectious. If you see him run as far away as possible.

Cheers
    Rory :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I dont get whats so great about it, I couldnt find UL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

They haven't added Irish colleges to it yet but they plan to in the not too distant future.

It's an addictive, if pretty pointless, internet service. Quizzes can be good though. Takes yonks to upload photos though. Great if you need a reason to waste time instead of doing the old fyp.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Howdy everyone, haven't been on this in a while, TP is mad!

Bebo is addictive, so much! I even go on it when I have free periods in school?!

tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Right, so I caved in and joined, cos my house mate would not shut up about it last night. UL is there, and UCC, and my primary school, no secondary school.... I was getting all excited, thinking w00h00 another way to waste my time at work... but WTF... what a load of bull this is. Its so boring. nothing to do, cant find anyone I know or anything.. dont waste time joining, work is more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

It seems like evil sh*te to me. My girlfriend sent me an invitation to join, I didn't join, but that was the day I started getting spam in my gmail account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Wohoo they've added Ireland!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

Every1 around is there talking about bebo! Whats the point! Its like if pple didnt have bebo, the whole place wudnt have any conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

was chatting to a friend of mine about it yesterday and he's against it because he sees it as too "happy." i see where he's coming from: just everyone saying look how great my life is and these are the cool bands i listen to. fair point. i still like it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Bebo has to be one of the most terrible networking sites I've ever seen.

There's no search function, you have to trundle through hundreds of people to find people you know/might have common interests in, nobody bothers using the forums, you can't search for people you know from other colleges even though it claims you can, no PM function(as far as I can see), no browsing options, slow to browse through profiles, annoying "Flashboxes" mean you can't listen to music while browsing, and the features for adding clubs are pretty lame. It doesn't even give a definite idea of what it is on the front page.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

I actually got a Bebo account now:eek:
    Wanted to look up a few mates from school

Nukem wrote:
    I actually got a Bebo account now:eek:
    Wanted to look up a few mates from school

. <--- see that? thats how much respect I had for you what with you being a engi and all the rest.

now...I've lost all respect :(

bloody bebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Anyone noticed that the site is a bit slow today, it keeps crashing, or is it my sh*tty connection??

There is a really bad connection for bebo. I tried venus labs and library and it wudnt come up! They banned it in ucc and mary i, i heard! They mite ban it here in ul as well!

Banned for what reason??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Being harmful to humanity as a whole maybe :)....only joking. Personally when I signed up for it last summer it was handing for keeping up with a friend of mine who was on co-op in the states. But other than that I haven't used it since. It's a poxy thing and I find email useful enough for keeping in contact with people.

Looks like it has gone down today anyway times out in firefox and pings are also timing out. Maybe it has been overloaded by the hoardes of people trying to access it.

Cheers
    Rory

They banned it in mary i, i heard!
    they did?! I hvnt heard anything about that..i need to start going to college these days!!..might hear some news then!!

The queues were too big fro the computers in the boole library and people cudnt get their work done because people were taking up the pcs being on bebo

• Advertisement

like the boole is packed at the best of times and that was before bebo came on the scene..i think its only right it should be banned,, other people do have work to get done!!

Advertisement