Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayne West Concert

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yes well he would say that HipHopfanno1.;)

Eamon Sweeney was singing his praise in the Independent,although as usual he got Hip-Hop's elite(Nas,Rakim,Primo etc)confused with who ever is on MTV Base(Game,50,Eminem)and seemed to think Kanye could re-define Hip-Hop with constant sampling and average MC skills.:rolleyes:

Still it looks like he puts on quite a show which is annoyingly rare in Hip-Hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Orizio wrote:
    Yes well he would say that HipHopfanno1.;)

To be fair a few rappers have been impressed with the Irish crowd. I believe both The Game and Snoop said the Irish legs of their tours were the best. They said to this american media btw. Kanye might have actually meant it.

David19 wrote:
    To be fair a few rappers have been impressed with the Irish crowd. I believe both The Game and Snoop said the Irish legs of their tours were the best. They said to this american media btw. Kanye might have actually meant it.

No offence or anything but what are exactly are they going to say?The concert was average?The Irish people look like inbreds?

Honesty is a pretty rare commodity these days.Kanye is no different.

Orizio wrote:
    No offence or anything but what are exactly are they going to say?The concert was average?The Irish people look like inbreds?

Honesty is a pretty rare commodity these days.Kanye is no different.

No as in an american site asked game what was his favourite concert and he said dublin was by far the best. Snoop said something similar. My point was they weren't in ireland, they weren't asked by irish journalists and ireland wasn't mentioned in the question. They simply thought the irish crowd were the best.

Of course its possible kanye just said it but i'd like to think he meant it. He didn't have to say it all.

Maybe I'm just being cynical but I wouldn't expect anyone to say anything else after a concert.Its all a bit academic anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I think you're missing the point of what Oriz was saying. At pretty much every gig i've ever been to the artist has said they were the hottest croud ever, it's one of those cliche things to say that the crowd love to hear and it just gets them extra hyped. And whereas he and others might genuinely mean it when they say it in an interview post-tour, it is just something that is said at every other concert

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭BangBeater

Ok, ok... no arguments over whether it was the BEST concert or not to him... he enjoyed it like all of us... 'nuff said coz...

"...it's a celebration bitches/grab a drink,grab a glass/after that i grab yo ass..."

I think you're missing the point of what Oriz was saying. At pretty much every gig i've ever been to the artist has said they were the hottest croud ever, it's one of those cliche things to say that the crowd love to hear and it just gets them extra hyped. And whereas he and others might genuinely mean it when they say it in an interview post-tour, it is just something that is said at every other concert

I think you missed my point :)

Other rappers have said Ireland was their best concert so its not entirely unbelievable that Kanye meant it. Im fully aware its a cliche thing but when two other rappers(who didnt say it at their concerts but in interviews well after their tours had finished) gave us a particular mention maybe there's some truth in us being a good crowd to play in front of.

This is all fairly irrelevant anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 baller4life

Sounds like a good gig. I wish I had gone

Advertisement