Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayne West Concert

Options
  • 16-02-2006 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Anyone know who is supporting Kayne West next weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Is it not John Legend??

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

It won't be Jon Legend...Probly either Lupe Fiasco or Consequence

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

either will do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ciaran13

im pretty sure its common
    lets just hope its not that dublin wanker from last year who got booed off stage!

-Mod Edit- If you want Lupe's music I suggest getting his mixtapes,not asking for links on this forum -Mod Edit-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

**** kanye....the guy should learn to shut his ****in mouth and should stick to producing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

yak_kadafi wrote:
    **** kanye....the guy should learn to shut his ****in mouth and should stick to producing
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

yak_kadafi wrote:

"Hey Yo Dre, stick to producing" lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

yak_kadafi wrote:
    wtf are you on tbh??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yes Kanye should stick to producing,considering his inability to rap.But it would be nice if the posters on this forum could use proper English.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

it cud be just a-trak doing a dj set for the warm up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CmX

I wouldn't go to see Kanye after his last "performance"
    a-traks pritty good tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kevri

Word in Rap Ireland offices is Keyshia Cole is making an appearance...

kevri wrote:
    Word in Rap Ireland offices is Keyshia Cole is making an appearance...

oh god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and people are going to this "concert"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Who is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

us r 'n' b singer.

did backing on snoop's lets get blown.

had a mixtape by green lantern out last year, wasn't too bad.

has an album called "the way it is" too but i haven't listened to it apart from 2 singles ("i should have cheated" and "love", did very well on the r 'n' b charts) cos i wouldn't really be into it going on them and the mixtape.

perfect fodder for a kanye west crowd tbh. keep most of the girls happy anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

Anyone know what time it will be over at?Do they mind camera's?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Usually the gigs in big venues in Dublin are over by bout 11 at the latest. And they are not usually fans of people bringing cameras, recording devices of any kind etc...Its been a while since i was at a gig in the Point though so couldn't be 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kevri

Rap Ireland present the only gig you need to be at
    after Kanye West on the 25th
    The Dipset Europe Party
    Live @ Radio City

SAS Diplomats
    Rob Kelly
    The Elements
    Frank Jez
    AND VERY SPECIAL GUESTS

http://i1.tinypic.com/o8rmsw.jpg

log on to http://www.sasdiplomats.com/ to see SAS'
    latest video "cheerio"
    featuring Kanye West
    or www.myspace.com/rapireland

more news to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭jv2000

Was at the concert last night and gotta say it was pretty good. The performance went on for nearly 2 hours and the highlights for me had to be "Kanye's workout plan" & "Jesus Walks". He was supported by Keyshia Cole but she didn't really connect with the crowd and in the end resulted in the pit getting a bit rowdy as they waited in anticipation for the main act. So summing up; support not so good, but the main performance was fantastic, comprising of hits from both Kanye's albums and some extra material thrown in on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Keyshia Cole suffered the fate of many abackup act. Nobody knew who she was and the crowd waiting for golddigger just were not interested.
    Kanye was very good but the sound quailty was so poor that it ruined the night. It was very difficult to make out the words. The man can sing though.
    I was very impressed with the version of Eleanor Rigby by the orchestra and violinist. She was very into it and added as much life to the gig as Kanye.
    Anyone know if this was Susan Chatman, the violinist from the album?
    A-trax was also top quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

who wrote/sang that originally, think the vid is excellent.

i don't like kanye 'i've got more moeny than you' ethos but he's damn talented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 almv

was there on the friday and was well impressed. 13 piece string section raised the gig above the standard. Have to say I hate the point tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Just in the door from tonights concert he played for two hours and was one of the best concerts i was ever at. magic concert magic athmosphere , great performer.

IM SHOCKED

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭BangBeater

Right, firstly, in the title thread it's Kanye - NOT kayne.... he'd kill if ya saw it!! ha!

Back to the gig.... was there Friday night & gotta say that it was excellent. & this is in the Point where unfortunately the sound is ****e bt kanye still got thru this. He had a bit of an orchestra with an excellent violinist with him!

The support keiysha r however ya spell it just didn't set the right kind of mood for the concert, but it never really mattered in the end! First song was the video of Touch the Sky & lotsa smoke followed. Then the opening bars of Diamonds are Forever are heard & on runs kanye with white shirt/sunglasses & d place goes nuts!

During the show, I liked when he went thru some of his productions with a-trax. Probably admitting he's not the BEST rapper out there, he starts one of talib's songs 'get by' I think, but admits "i'd need kweli here to rap this"!!

Then he plays 'brand new'... cool, cool! At one stage kanye's actually disco dancing to Micky Jackson's song 'All night' I think tis called! Madness!

Towards the end kanye then tells us that that part of the show was only the warm-up... this is where it starts! Cue opening bars of All Falls Down & place goes ga-ga once again, followed by i think 'Through the Wire'. Can't remember exact order of songs but Jesus Walks/Golddigger was in there towards the end naturally. Then that song with brandy is played on the 'Late Registration' album. 'Alway Knew' or something with quotes from magazines & music organizations (i.e. spokespeople for the Grammy Awards) appearing on the screen behind....

Finishes off the show with 'Touch the Sky' & that dude Luis Viago I think (the rapper who features on the track) appears out on stage when it's his turn in the song... nice touch! The visuals on the screen are of a blue sky & clouds... & theres a platform for kanye to stand on which makes it look as if he's 'touching the sky'!

(Then got to see the riots on O' Connell St. yesterday.... Madness!)

the fact that Kanye isn't the best rapper out there did not matter at all... great concert, enjoyed it! G'wan i said!!

Bicky wrote:
    The man can sing though.
    maybe he can but he cant ryhme for ****.........and before people say he can ryhme better than me........i wouldnt embarrass rap and get into the game cos I know i cant rap...best leave it to the best....maybe he should adopt that attitude too

I went on Friday night. It was an excellent concert, his performance was unreal .The girl on the violin was excellent and so was A-Tracks. I was at the very front row and he did a rap to me and posed for a picture which was very good of him I thought. Was absolutely frozen when queueing though, I queued from 12.45 until 7 and I was completely numb. I thought that Keisha got a good enough response from crowd, they were obviously saving their energy for Kanye. Kanye's bodyguard warned us about that' crappy DJ from London' though who opened the show.
    This has been my favourite concert I've been to yet. His best songs were Jesus Walks(There was loads of smoke for it though), Gold Digger and All Falls Down.
    By the way was I the only one who noticed his comment about George Bush?It was only a small one during All Falls Down I think he said' George Bush gets paid for all of that'' or something like that??He was laughing to himself after he said it though. Or did anyone see him trip and when he was nearly pulled into the crowd?
    Before Celebration he put all the bad reviews he ever got on screen and said that after the bad reviews for Late Registration he was scared his fans would have gone off him!!!
    Sorry if there are any typo's.

Does anyone have the song list from the show?Also did anyone go to Saturdays show?I was wondering if he mentioned the riots(which I literally just missed,we were on O Connell Street and saw people running)Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

who wrote/sang that originally, think the vid is excellent.

i don't like kanye 'i've got more moeny than you' ethos but he's damn talented

Well the music from the track is Curtis Mayfield's "Move on up" if thats what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Went on the saturday. It was such an amazing show. Bitter sweet symphony bit was class. stopping in the middle of gold digger to get every body to stand up, and they did. got to meet his orchestra. they were beside the pit. they were pure cool, but the make up was dodge. best concert of ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

By the way was I the only one who noticed his comment about George Bush?It was only a small one during All Falls Down I think he said' George Bush gets paid for all of that''
    I was wondering if he mentioned the riots(which I literally just missed,we were on O Connell Street and saw people running)Thanks

He says that bush line all the time now.
    Lupe fiasco mentioned the riots alright. He was like, i know we had some troubles today but we gonna have a party in here tonite, or something to that effect.

• Advertisement

I thought Kanye/ people with him would mention it alright. He said Friday nights show was the loudest crowd he had yet and later in the show he said it was definitely the best concert he'd ever done...

Advertisement