Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apostasy - we have the same problem in Poland!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

robindch wrote: »
    Not sure if sinister is the right word. Weird might be closer. When Ratzinger hit Poland in 2006, the national telly station cancelled all ads for condoms (understandably), underwear (huh?)

But of course, Underpants are like one great big reusable condom.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Galvasean wrote: »
    But of course, Underpants are like one great big reusable condom.

"It's OK baby, I'm wearing boxers."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Scofflaw don't post here anymore. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Phototoxin wrote: »
    Personally I dont think 11 is one to brag about..
    I don't think he was bragging, simply stating a fact.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

PDN wrote: »
    You must miss the good old days (pre-1989) when the atheists ran the country. The Catholics knew their place back then, didn't they? Jerzy Popiełuszko and all that.

I think you'll find it was communists who ran the country pre-1989.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You must miss the good old days (pre-1989) when the atheists ran the country. The Catholics knew their place back then, didn't they? Jerzy Popiełuszko and all that.
    "Atheist" regimes. Yawn.
    DapperGent wrote: »
    Scofflaw don't post here anymore. :(
    He came to the A&A beers, though! You'll find him in the politics forum these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

I think you will find that they where mostly Azeusists. As you yourself don't believe in Zeus PDN it can be concluded that you MUST share the same motives and traits as Communists also :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I think you will find that they where mostly Azeusists. As you yourself don't believe in Zeus PDN it can be concluded that you MUST share the same motives and traits as Communists also :eek:
    It's worse than that -- a lot of the leaders were over 45 too, so that obviously causes people to share evil motives too.

And don't get me started on comparative mustachology. Ever noticed that Hitler, Stalin and Saddam Hussein all had mustaches? There's something happening there, I tell ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Oh no you didn't!

Oh yes he did!

He's behind you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Yes athiests running countries, that means that they must be nazis and communists. COMMUNAZIS FTW!!

I think a secular country which allows religion (or lack thereof) as a right is the best thing. Thankfully we live in a country like this. However much of the religous 'power' comes from society at large which cannot be changed.
    Yes let's turn this into an abortion argument, great idea. Good luck on the A&A forum by the way.

I don't understand? A&A forum? Just because I'm agnostic doesn't mean I can't be pro-life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

Phototoxin wrote: »
    I don't understand? A&A forum? Just because I'm agnostic doesn't mean I can't be pro-life.

No but in general Atheists have a "live and let live" mentality, and abortion is a gray enough subject that most feel it should be left up to the individual to decide. Pro-lifers tend to want this freedom and facility removed.

Can I ask though, being pro-life, if abortion was made illegal and a woman was found to of had an illegal abortion what punishment should she receive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I think zillah is more referring to the trend of abortion threads going into a infinite loop of its a person, potential person, a clump of cells ad nauseum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

proch wrote: »
    Hello everybody,

If you think that only Irish people have troubles with leaving the RC church - you are wrong! Try to do it in Poland, the country of more than 34 million of catholics (90% of population) and you will face the same problems as in Ireland. Questions, letters to church authorities without answers, bizzare obstacles and so on.
    Because of that problems we've created a website www.apostazja.info in order to help people that decided to apostatize. Soon we'll prepare an English section on it (feel welcomed already now!), but now we are searching for similar webpages in the world internet. Can you supply me with some links, please? It's good to exchange experience, isn't it?

Regards

robert

Hello my Polish brother!

The problem in my opinion is that every statistic declares that 90% of Poles are catholics. It's not quite true.. Most of the people I know there are atheists or agnostics, but when it comes to statistics they always declare themselves as catholics, which I witnessed twice. Good evidence to support my statement is the fact that even though 90% declares themselves catholics, only 80% say they believe in God (source: eurobarometer).

Statistics also show that average Pole trust television and radio more than they trust church. IMO they are not good catholics after all.

Same conclusions come when you look at the law in the country: in vitro founded by the state, constitution provides without any exception, separation of church and state, etc.

Maybe I think like that because I grew up in no religious family and never had much religious friends, but it's much worst in Ireland.

The website is great! It provides lots of useful information for those who want to be excluded from the Catholic empire and be free again. Have you think about English translation?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

WooPeeA wrote: »
    Hello my Polish brother!

Just an FYI (ugh, business speak :() - the OP hasn't been active since the start of 2006. Maybe he entered the priesthood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Just an FYI (ugh, business speak :() - the OP hasn't been active since the start of 2006. Maybe he entered the priesthood!
    Haven't seen the date.

Advertisement