Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Mr E wrote: »
    The season pass gets you all the good stuff - Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (4+ hours on each). It also includes Upgrade pack 1 (increases level cap to 61).

All you're missing are the 4 head hunter packs (small packs, up to an hour long each), 2 playable characters (Psycho, Mechromancer) and the 2nd upgrade pack (increasing level cap to 72).

If you're still playing the game and hit the level 61 cap, then buy the 2nd upgrade pack.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm not going to need to buy psycho until I get sick of playing Siren, and will buy increased level cap when I get there. Game was well worth 7 euro :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just a quick heads up: as dictated by the great tech team in the sky - aka Boards HQ - this thread will be locked and replaced with a new one in the coming days due to its proximity to the 10,000 post mark.

Please take this opportunity to get your affairs in order and say your goodbyes. We know transitions of this sort can be challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So who gets the award for best bargain? Anyway fancy going through 8 years of them? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ShaneU wrote: »
    So who gets the award for best bargain? Anyway fancy going through 8 years of them? :pac:

We had to do it as part of moderator boot camp. Wouldn't you know it, the best bargain was actually Astro Boy for GBA on Play.com for £9.99!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

XVTEN is the coupon code for the extra vision marketplace for a tenner off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

We had to do it as part of moderator boot camp. Wouldn't you know it, the best bargain was actually Astro Boy for GBA on Play.com for £9.99!

Got Killzone ShadowFall for the Playstation 4 for just a 99c due to a lad noticing
    on the Playstation Store that if ya bought a certain dlc item the whole
    game came down with it free. Only lasted a few hours late here one night.

Brand New Release €70 game for just 99c.....Cha-ching :D

Here's the Champion in question: kearneybobs :cool:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89323734&postcount=9626

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just a quick heads up: as dictated by the great tech team in the sky - aka Boards HQ - this thread will be locked and replaced with a new one in the coming days due to its proximity to the 10,000 post mark.

Please take this opportunity to get your affairs in order and say your goodbyes. We know transitions of this sort can be challenging.

Don't know what kind of reaction this suggestion will get, but would now be a good time to kind of retire the bargains thread from here and divide it into the individual platform forums?
    I know Nintendo has one and one has been started in the PC Gaming forum.
    I also notice all Playstation bargains seem to get posted in the PS Plus thread.

Then maybe just use the main thread forum for bargains on consoles/hardware?

Anyway, just a thought since the PC forum has now been created.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Anyone know where the cheapest xbox ones are sold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the cheapest xbox ones are sold?

Have a look at adverts or done deal for one as there new they would still be covered by Microsoft if you have any problems as if i could save 150 euros i would go 2nd hand.

Another idea would be to have a look on hotukdeals for anyone posting up deals on xbox ones if they dont post to Ireland you can use parcel motel to get your xbox.

But in store i think argos has the best offer at the moment

€470 with 2 games
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1989522.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

There's a bit of a Star Wars Promotion on in Nuuvem at the minute. Steam Activated.

The following 3 games are available for Mac and PC (even if it is marked only for mac)
    -Star Wars Jedi knight jedi academy €2
    -star wars Knights of the Old Republic €2
    -star wars power of the force ultimate sith edition €4

This game is only available for mac
    -star wars jedi knight ii jedi outcast €2

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/semana-star-wars

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Where's the cheapest place for Terraria on PC, my son loves it on the 360 but says the PC version is far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place for Terraria on PC, my son loves it on the 360 but says the PC version is far superior.

€3.65 on Kinguin http://www.kinguin.net/catalogsearch/result/?q=terraria

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

Keep an eye on Humble Bundles main store as well. they have a sale on at the moment and I think I saw Terraria at one stage for less than 2 euro. Not that it's nuch savings but ya never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Spring Insomnia sale on gog.com. Up to 90% off some games but first come first served and no indication of what is coming next - hence the insomnia sale :)

Keep an eye on Humble Bundles main store as well. they have a sale on at the moment and I think I saw Terraria at one stage for less than 2 euro. Not that it's nuch savings but ya never know.

It was $2.49 up to midday today.. :( Unluckily for him. But I think it's 3rd Birthday is near, so it may be on sale in a few places.
    The Collectors physical edition is ~ €13.50

http://www.terraria.org/
    Terraria Collector's Edition is now available in the UK and Germany!
    It contains a physical copy of the game, a keychain, a poster, trading cards, and an in-game bunny pet!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Terraria-Collectors-Edition-PC-CD/dp/B00750FR6A/

Anyone know were i could pick up Age Of empires 2 HD on the cheap for the PC ?

Anyone know were i could pick up Age Of empires 2 HD on the cheap for the PC ?

Cheapest I've seen it today - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ageofempires2_hdedition_storefront

Allyall wrote: »

How much cheaper do you know will it be if i use a VPN to buy the game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

Maybe we should have a sticky in the first post with links to sites like kinguin and stuff so the threads aren't over flowing with people asking questions the whole time and only having the thread for bargins?

• Advertisement

How much cheaper do you know will it be if i use a VPN to buy the game ?

At a guess, €0.30cents cheaper, + €1 FX fee.

Papers Please and Gone Home are reduced to 2.99 and 3.99 respectively on Humble Store for the next few hours. Superb prices to take a gamble on two of the most interesting games released last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Papers Please and Gone Home are reduced to 2.99 and 3.99 respectively on Humble Store for the next few hours. Superb prices to take a gamble on two of the most interesting games released last year.

Cheers for that, been meaning to pick up Papers Please for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

forget the link? :P

Oh God just remembered that post I made and came back to look, woops! :o

http://cdkeyprices.com/shopping?pto_q=arma+3

Get Anomaly: Warzone Earth Free.
    Linux/Mac/PC

They are having trouble with their Steam Keys at the minute, but it will be fixed soon.

Just register. Activate from your Email, and click the image of the game in "My games" when you are logged in.

Free Game - Anomaly: Warzone Earth
    Cubituss admin
    Hey guys,

Games Republic project director here, we have our top men working on the key problem/game not adding to account right now. Much better men than the ones in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

It worked really smoothly all day (go figure...) but we still got loads of Steam codes for Anomaly: Warzone Earth (and much, much more incoming) so please stay patient, it will be resolved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Oh God just remembered that post I made and came back to look, woops! :o

http://cdkeyprices.com/shopping?pto_q=arma+3

Someone linked a price compare site and ended up buying there :P

25 beans and got the key instantly.

Thanks anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Allyall wrote: »
    Get Anomaly: Warzone Earth Free.
    Linux/Mac/PC

They are having trouble with their Steam Keys at the minute, but it will be fixed soon.

Just register. Activate from your Email, and click the image of the game in "My games" when you are logged in.

Free Game - Anomaly: Warzone Earth
    Fun game, I can recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Monaco is €1.50 on the humble store until 10pm https://www.humblebundle.com/store

I don't know if this works, I can't check, and I think the offer is only available for a few more hours.
    Require Origin Account.
    Crysis Trilogy is available on Gamesplanet France and Gamesplanet Germany for €10. But it's on Gamesplanet UK for £20.99 (€25.80)

I am hoping to try it later and buy it from the French or German store if the offer is still on.

Does anyone know if they have any region blocking restrictions, or would they be in French/German? (Would that make a difference?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Humble Daily Bundle (14 days of bundles). I have a feeling my credit card isn't going to like me by this day fortnight.

Day 1: Deep Steel Bundle

Some Saints Rows games, some Dead Island games, some Risen games, Metro 2033 and some others.

https://www.humblebundle.com/?deepsilver_daily

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement