Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,862 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Playasia daily deal has MG Revengeance for less than 8 euro. There's probably postage as well unless you by other stuff with it:

http://www.play-asia.com/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-paOS-13-49-en-70-4xs9.html

Probably my favourite game of last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Playasia daily deal has MG Revengeance for less than 8 euro. There's probably postage as well unless you by other stuff with it:

http://www.play-asia.com/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-paOS-13-49-en-70-4xs9.html

Got it for free on PSN+ one of the worst games I have ever played there was Notting to like about it. For a hack and slash it was shocking. Didn't like the idea of the blocking why can't there be a button to press ?

The bad guys where stupid and hitting them in ways pissed me off.

I played remanber me before it. That was a bad game and this was the icing on the cake.

I love hack and slash games. But this was just Crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

God bless PS+! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm actually not sure now. Didn't use any rewards just straight buy.

I think it may be a conversion issue. Does the website automatically change into your local currency? I thought it was still in US$ but it may have actually been in NZ$. I still only got charged $11 in total (I also bought Just Cause 2 for $3).
    Batman was originally $9 on the sale but when I used to code it went down to 8 which is roughly 5 or 6 euro in either currency!

seems the $ and € have parity on greenman; handy to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Steam having a Midweek Madness Lego sale right here.

Lego Batman 1 & 2, Lego LOTR, Lego Marvel Superheroes and Lego Harry Potter 1 & 2, each only €4.99.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,862 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got it for free on PSN+ one of the worst games I have ever played there was Notting to like about it. For a hack and slash it was shocking. Didn't like the idea of the blocking why can't there be a button to press ?

Give it another go because from the sounds of it you just didn't get the game at all. There's no block button because you don't need one. The parry system takes the place of the block button. Once you start parrying like a maniac it's one of the best beat'em ups ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

The bad guys where stupid and hitting them in ways pissed me off.

I played remanber me before it. That was a bad game and this was the icing on the cake.

I love hack and slash games. But this was just Crap.
    My god man, youre missing once of the best hack and slash games ever, admittedly it does take a while to get into, especially being to direct your slashes to cut off limbs/whatever( this definately takes time to master ) and as above you dont need to block with the parry system, the guys a ninja goddammit :)
    Theres some great youtube videos on how to do the parry and direct your slashes, 5 minutes of watching those will change how you play the game completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Ugh, it's tempting but I really want it on PC...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Call of Doody: Black Ops 2 - €8.99

Thief £8.16 use code O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Nuuvem sale on

Bioshock Triple Pack ~€17.80
    Bioshock Infinite Season Pass ~€9.70
    The Bureau X-Com Declassified ~€4.20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Tesco selling off loads of games for 5 euro in Lisduggan Waterford so not sure if nationwide. Picked up limited edition of dark souls for XBox 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Tesco selling off loads of games for 5 euro in Lisduggan Waterford so not sure if nationwide. Picked up limited edition of dark souls for XBox 5 euro.

yeah, same in Drogheda, 5 and 10 euros.
    Not many titles for PS3, but I got The Syndicate, Dungeon Siege III for 5 euro each, and Goldeneye reloaded for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lots of cracking old EA games are for sale on GOG.

http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_weekend_promo_180414

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

"Origin.com is offering their Battlefield: 1942 (PC Digital Download) for Free through their Origin Client."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Allyall wrote: »
    "Origin.com is offering their Battlefield: 1942 (PC Digital Download) for Free through their Origin Client."

still unable to claim their dead space freebie!

sweetie wrote: »
    still unable to claim their dead space freebie!

I have it. No problems with playing it. I think I had to link it with Steam? I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Oddly enough, this didn't show up in the client itself. While I'm here though I'd might as well point out that Mass Effect 3 is a fiver on Origin at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Worked through the client for me. I searched the game specifically rather than a page with the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Flash sale on US psn. Games for 99 cent. Stuff like braid, the crash and spyro ps1 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Tesco seem to be doing another clearence sale on Wii, DS and 3DS games. Was in my local (bettystown) and they had a big bin filled with games going from 3-10 euro.

Notable titles include - Metroid: Other M, Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart Wii going for 10. One of the Animal Crossing games were going for 5 aswell.

The rest was all shovelware games that I can't remember. And unfortunately none of the games going were on gamestop's trade 2 for a 9.99 new release deal.

Might be worth having a look in your own tesco's you might have better luck than I with your bargains!

4 Free games by Black Shell
    To honor SanctuaryRPG's official release, all games are 100% off for this weekend only!

http://itch.io/s/202/100-off-release-weekend-sale
    SanctuaryRPG is a critically acclaimed strategic turn-based monster slaying and dungeon crawling adventure set in the retro ASCII-art world of Sanctuary. The game is FREE to download and play to your heart's content. Drawing inspiration from Japanese RPGs and Roguelikes, we have poured over 10,000 hours of meticulous work into this game. Every aspect is designed to offer a compelling and replayable gameplay experience. With dynamic combat, hilarious dialogue, and plenty of weapons at your disposal, this is truly one of the most ambitious ASCII-art RPGs of 2014.

Ayrton is a turn-based ASCII racing simulator designed to test both your patience and your skills. We developed Ayrton for a game jam, and decided to add a couple features before releasing it out to the public! It is definitely a rage-inducing game, but once you get the hang of it, you might just enjoy yourself!!

Silent Vac is a stealth-action roguelike currently in Early Access Alpha. This game has been in production for over half a year, but we're finally putting it out there for you guys to enjoy! If you buy an alpha copy of this game, you get it for cheaper than its full price! Plus, every purchase gets us one step closer to having a solid, polished game for you to play.

Blue Whale Save A game about following orders. You must save the whales. Blue Whale Save was developed for a game jam, purpose is now being fully released! It seems like a simple game, but once you break it down it's far from that. Save 500 whales and you will discover a chilling truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

This still on? I'm devestated!! :(

Greenmangaming have some great games on sale now: AoE 2, AoE 3, Fable, Thief (66% off)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

This still on? I'm devestated!! :(

Greenmangaming have some great games on sale now: AoE 2, AoE 3, Fable, Thief (66% off)

Tempted to get Fable, developing a financially annoying habit of buying games I already own in CD/DVD format just in case I ever lose them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Try the CD Code in the Steam Redeem Game think. Might get a pleasant surprise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Try the CD Code in the Steam Redeem Game think. Might get a pleasant surprise.

Tried with mine a few years ago, wasnt valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Tropico 4 Collectors Bundle only €5.99 85% off on steam at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Someone posted this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I9WV32K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1398036470&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165
    It's the xbox one titanfall bundle for 422 euro but it's cheaper than the xbox on its own is this because it doesn't have a disc drive or does it have one and it's on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭mcw92

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    Someone posted this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I9WV32K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1398036470&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165
    It's the xbox one titanfall bundle for 422 euro but it's cheaper than the xbox on its own is this because it doesn't have a disc drive or does it have one and it's on sale?

Of course it has a disk drive. All Xbox ones have.
    Titanfall is prob gotten via a redeemable code then downloaded, not given on a disk.

Not sure what your trying to say at the end, is what on sale?

• Advertisement

SouthPark the Stick of Truth on Xbox and PS3 for €22.35 delivered and not so good on PC (€43.39) -
    http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=South+Park%3A+The+Stick+of+Truth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement