Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Aliens: Colonial Marines €17.24 Steam redeemable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Was thinking of getting DmC, you can get it here for about €14:

http://www.g2play.net/store/DmC-Devil-May-Cry-RU-Multilanguage-Region-Free-Steam-Key.html

Does anyone know the story with the Russian/region free thing? I know it says it's region free obviously but will it register ok on Steam? I don't really care what version of the game it is as long as it has English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

danthefan wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting DmC, you can get it here for about €14:

http://www.g2play.net/store/DmC-Devil-May-Cry-RU-Multilanguage-Region-Free-Steam-Key.html

Does anyone know the story with the Russian/region free thing? I know it says it's region free obviously but will it register ok on Steam? I don't really care what version of the game it is as long as it has English.

Yep with DMC you just have to apply the code in steam and you are grand.

Usually with russian keys you have to use a VPN service to activate the key but not in DMC's case.

However you are subject to future patches removing the english language. Probably won't happen but it might.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Tomb Raider Steam pre-order is €28 on G2Play for the next 2 days.

http://www.g2play.net/store/Tomb-Raider-Steam-Key.html

Was going to wait till the review dust settles to see if they went full Uncharted-scripted-corridor or there is an exploration element to the game....but that price is so damn tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Tomb Raider Steam pre-order is €28 on G2Play for the next 2 days.

http://www.g2play.net/store/Tomb-Raider-Steam-Key.html

Was going to wait till the review dust settles to see if they went full Uncharted-scripted-corridor or there is an exploration element to the game....but that price is so damn tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Does pre-ordering games for steam on G2Play give you the steam bonuses too?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Given current exchange rate £29.99 seems a pretty good pre order price from Gamefly for Bioshock Infinite with 1+2 included as well. Cheaper than G2Play and it is a steamworks game as well so installation of crappy gamefly client not required.

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Bioshock-Infinite-plus-Industrial-Revolution-Pre-Order-Bonus/5004862/
    Denny M wrote: »
    Does pre-ordering games for steam on G2Play give you the steam bonuses too?

I wouldn't think so they generally supply boxed steamworks retail keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Skerries wrote: »
    Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite pre-purchase bundles with a selection of one more of these games for €37.49, Steam

Spec Op: The Line
    Bioshock 2
    Civ 5
    Mafia 2
    Darkness 2

I was looking at the English gmg site and its £23.99 coming to about €28.
    Anyone know if it will work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Braid is €2.77 on Play via Rarewaves. It's currently €8.99 on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The intoxicating and atmospheric 'game' Dear Esther is on sale for 1.99 on Steam 'til tomorrow evening.

Not for everyone, but it's a thing of beauty if you're willing to give yourself over to the dreamy landscape it presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

On the fence about whether to get the Desert to Sea bundle (Spec Ops: The Line, Bioshock 1&2 for ~€12). Is it fairly straightforward going through US Amazon? Have the account/address set up, is it just place the order as usual and they email out the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Games reduced to €2.99 on xbox live. GRAW. GRAW 2. HAWX. Rayman RR, Might and Magic, Rainbow Six Vegas, Call of Juarez

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

On the fence about whether to get the Desert to Sea bundle (Spec Ops: The Line, Bioshock 1&2 for ~€12). Is it fairly straightforward going through US Amazon? Have the account/address set up, is it just place the order as usual and they email out the code?
    The code is in your Amazon account. There is no issue doing it apart from dead island. That game is geo locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Borderlands/Borderlands 2 bundle £20 on gamefly:

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Borderlands-Collection/5005485/#.US6lyzBhiPs

It's a download - not sure is it steam redeemable or do you need the game fly app.

Edit: Region locked.
    I wish the ****ers would stop emailing about deals I can't avail of.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Psychonauts for $4.99. Yes thank you very much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They don't email a code, as I mentioned earlier in the Metro thread, they store the codes on your amazon account.
    You'll need to hover over the "your account" button to the left of the basket and select "Games & Software Library" from the drop down menu that displays. Under each game is a "Show code" button, click on that, page will refresh with the steam code to copy/paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You need a us address (fakenamegenerator.com) and any credit card, you get the code instantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

You need a us address (fakenamegenerator.com) and any credit card, you get the code instantly.
    Make sure the US address is in one of the states with no sales tax though;
    • Alaska
    • Delaware
    • Montana
    • New Hampshire
    • Oregon

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Mark of the Ninja only €4.99 this weekend on Steam.

buy buy buy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Mark of the Ninja only €4.99 this weekend on Steam.

buy buy buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty is €20 till the 11th of March:
    http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7362303. Note: When you follow the link in that blog it'll take you to their store and tell you the game is sold out. This refers to physical copies. Click the "buy digitally" link and log in to a battle.net account to buy the game. Happy Zerg rushing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

delta36 wrote: »
    http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7362303. Note: When you follow the link in that blog it'll take you to their store and tell you the game is sold out. This refers to physical copies. Click the "buy digitally" link and log in to a battle.net account to buy the game. Happy Zerg rushing!
    Is it worth that price? It's quite old isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

DeSelby83 wrote: »

it is worth. Even if not for campaign, but for all the custom maps that are made by community.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    For the story mode alone I'd pay that twice over...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

XCOM: Enemy Unknown £12 (€14.41) from gamesplanet.com. Activates on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

delta36 wrote: »

Battle.net still requires you to be online for single player?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Battle.net still requires you to be online for single player?

Just tried there for Starcraft II and it let me start and play single player mode with no internet connection. Only thing you don't get is achievements if you're playing offline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I already posted this in the Bargains forum but I just picked up Forza Horizons for €10 in Harvey Normans.

There were other games too like Uncharted 1, 2 & 3 at the same price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement