Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Awesome game!
    yes but7.97 what are gamestop selling it for at that price like???? i recommend anyone with a wii pick this up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 1984brightside

THNXX 4 tons of knowledge...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

yes but7.97 what are gamestop selling it for at that price like???? i recommend anyone with a wii pick this up

I don't think it sold very well, despite being a quality product.

Wario games don't usually sell as well as Mario games because they don't have Mario on the cover (nothing really does). The playstyle is very different between the games, with Mario mostly focusing on platforming, and Wario being about exploration and treasure hunting.

Also the game has been out for 2/3 years as far as I know, Gamestop may just be looking for shift out their old stock before Wii U comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Picked up Super Mario Galaxy pre owned in Gamestop for 17.99.

Cheapest I've seen it around and they had a good few copies of it left in Wilton cork anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

http://kotaku.com/5840920/for-the-next-few-days-portal-is-free

Portal for the PC and Mac are free for the next few days on Steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Mr E wrote: »

Considering you'd finish it in 4/5 hrs that's a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Crysis 2 Limited Edition - €20

NFS Hot Pursuit - €15

Both for xbox 360. In PC World.

Are these bargains though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Quandary

Hey folks,

Has anyone actually managed to get Portal for free?

When I try to find it on Steam its priced at 18.99?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Quandary wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Has anyone actually managed to get Portal for free?

When I try to find it on Steam its priced at 18.99?

You need to go to the site linked and add it to your games library from there.
    I just downloaded it for my son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Quandary

Dcully wrote: »
    You need to go to the site linked and add it to your games library from there.
    I just downloaded it for my son.

Just downloading it now...

I've never played the game before - I think im in for treat here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Basq wrote: »
    saw this in game today Dawson st for PS3 for 12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Tinie wrote: »
    Crysis 2 Limited Edition - €20

NFS Hot Pursuit - €15

Both for xbox 360. In PC World.

Are these bargains though?
    NFS was £10 in our store today, and considering you get an online pass with it in PC World, I'd say yes.

However, I personally thought the game was rubbish :D

Couldn't tell you about Crysis 2. Think it's around £15. Then again, I heard the multiplayer is fairly dead, and they released, I think, 3 map packs at 800MSP a pop :/ But, if you're going to be picking up the original game for 1,600 points when it comes out soon, it seems to be cheap at €20!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pre-order Battlefield 3 on Origin and get Dead Space 2 free apparently. Only running today :S

EDIT: Nevermind, I've been shafted out of it. US and Canada only, even though it doesn't mention it in the offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

wouldnt buy off origin tbh, not with their intrusive t&cs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

OK, but you have to have Origin installed on your PC if you want to play Battlefield 3 regardless.

really? disastetpants. id buy it on origins then dl a pirated version to avoid that nonsense tbh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Therefore proving to EA why they need something like Origin in the first place...

5uspect wrote: »
    Therefore proving to EA why they need something like Origin in the first place...

how do you make that out exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Found this website today:

http://www.dlcompare.com

Super useful for finding the cheapest digital download price for games.
    I picked up Space Marine for €17!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

EA are having a little sale on Origin until the 20th. A good few games are just a fiver ranging from C&C4 to a Meddle of Honour DLC to NFS Undercover.

http://store.origin.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductSearchResultsPage&SiteID=eaemea&Locale=en_IE&CallingPageID=ProductSearchResultsPage&itemIdx=0&keywords=offer

Not sure I want to buy any of them due to being on Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Mr E wrote: »

I tried searching for this but could not find it. Is it still free..???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It's here:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/

Once you have steam installed, it will add it to your account when you click install.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Helix wrote: »
    how do you make that out exactly?

Because no matter how often it's pointed out that some people with large game/DVD libraries still pirate/crack to avoid ****ty DRM the MegaCorps will still punish paying customers with yet more horrible DRM.

In their eyes every illegal download is a lost sale. I just waiting for the special editions to have 33% less DRM for 50% moar $$$.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,105 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As I said elsewhere, got this EA mail this morning, probably because I played Spore four years ago:

Your EA account is now called an Origin Account.
    Your login and password are the same, and all EA account information is in your Origin account.
    Origin is the new name of the EA Store™.
    Browse and purchase EA titles quickly and easily with exclusive pre-order offers.
    The EA Download Manager is now also called Origin.
    Use it to download and play PC games from anywhere in the world.
    Origin lives where you live.
    On your mobile phone, desktop, or the web. Origin is always there.
    Origin knows where you live.
    EA employees are entitled to show up to your home and/or workplace, crack open your chest and feed on the sweet, sweet life nectar inside at their convenience.

Copy & pasted, word for word.

5uspect wrote: »
    Because no matter how often it's pointed out that some people with large game/DVD libraries still pirate/crack to avoid ****ty DRM the MegaCorps will still punish paying customers with yet more horrible DRM.

In their eyes every illegal download is a lost sale. I just waiting for the special editions to have 33% less DRM for 50% moar $$$.

every download is only a lost sale to them publically, behind the scenes they know very well that a tiny percentage of downloads are actually costing them sales

if i want to play BF3 on PC, ill gladly buy it on origins. However i sure as hell won't install it or use their system to play it. ea will be getting my money, ill be getting the game, and origins will be getting no data from my computer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Pre-order Battlefield 3 on Origin and get Dead Space 2 free apparently. Only running today :S

EDIT: Nevermind, I've been shafted out of it. US and Canada only, even though it doesn't mention it in the offer.
    Free game or not, I cannot allow myself to pay €50 for a PC game. Especially since it can be gotten for €32 elsewhere. But each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Free game or not, I cannot allow myself to pay €50 for a PC game. Especially since it can be gotten for €32 elsewhere. But each to their own.

Couldn't agree more, no way I'd pay that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dlccompare linking to a site selling BF3 PC for €18.79 :eek::eek::eek:

http://www.dlcompare.com/gameindex.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Dcully wrote: »
    dlccompare linking to a site selling BF3 PC for €18.79 :eek::eek::eek:

http://www.dlcompare.com/gameindex.php

Never heard of elite cd keys before...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement