Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magic mushrooms are banned in ireland....

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I could be mistaken but I was of the impression that the customs and excise had full powers of search & seizure over any import without illegality implied. I've looked for some T&C's as it were but can't find any that aren't written in legalese...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 diddler

while it could be argued that San Pedro contains an illegal substanse salvia contains no illegal substanses

Doesn't matter what it contains, both are legal. The only thing this is a sign of is that customs are ars*h*les. They do have a lot of powers though but they cannot seize any legal items indefinitely. They're probably trying to piss the hemp shop off but they will still have to compensate the owner or return the goods.....eventually.

I almost missed this.
    The UK has a catch-all law regarding RCs, similar to the anologue act in the States. AFAIK the only ones of these chemicals illegal in this country is 2c-i, 2-ct-2 and 2-ct-7, and this is because of an EU directive. So therefore I presume that the psilocybin anologues are still technically legal.

Trust me that is totally wrong. There is a catch all law in place here as well!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

Can you elaborate? I have it on good authority that there is not.

I can do better than that and save myself a whole lot of typing.
    (c) any substance (not being methoxyphenamine or a substance specified in sub-paragraph (a) above) structurally derived from phenethylamine, an N-alkylphenethylamine, µ-methyl phenethylamine, an N-alkyl-µ-methylphenethylamine, µ-ethylphenethylamine, or an N-alkyl-µ-ethylphenethylamine by substitution in the ring to any extent with alkyl, alkoxy. alkylenedioxy or halide substituents, whether or not further substituted in the ring by one or more other univalent substituents

thats form the "Misuse of Drugs Regulations 1988" found here

It may read like gobbledegook but it means all those things you mentioned are illegal!

Anyway thats going waaay of subject.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I presume there is a similar law regarding tryptamines then.

Yes, one paragraph up on the page i linked to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ezone

Heres the new law as a pdf download

Link:

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EG9EYRTJWTT235W8RKFHDRHJI

Any legal people please translate

Love the bertie + mary signatures.

Seems to be a big exemption loophole.

ezone wrote:

Seems to be a big exemption loophole.

I don't see it, please explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ezone

The first part is an order banning psilocin

The second part is an exemption order for uncultivated psilocin - ie. in the wild

Can anybody with a legal backround please translate ?

• Advertisement

The first part is an order banning psilocin....
    The second part is an exemption order for uncultivated psilocin...
    Not quite but almost.
    Any "fungus of any kind or description" containing psilocin or esters (eg psilocybin) is illegal unless it is a growing (ie unpicked) "uncultivated" mushroom.

Spores, which do not contain any active substances are exempt and therefore legal to purchase and possess but not to grow of course. That's the only loop hole I see in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 weedymchash

Has Anyone tried ordering magic mushrooms off the web since the ban?

Im gonna order some tonight , a kilo :P

it would be a wreck the head if customs take em. 200 euro and all.

Anyone Tried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

not the brightest crayon in the box are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Anyone Tried?

only a kilo? light weight.

order some crack coaince while your at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Anyone Tried?

You're high right now, aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 weedymchash

geeez lads thanks for the vote of confidence, ive ordered kilos before, but ye know with the law change and all...

im gonna go for it anyway, i figure the worst case scenario is i lose out on a couple of hundred euro. best case i get to have my magic week ive been planning.

if customs get their hands on em theyll prolly just confiscate them. hopefully nothing more.

ill let you's know how i get on.

i am a martyr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

i am a martyr.

You're somethin alright...

Why don't you just order about e50's worth to see if it gets through, and then progress from there?

Seems pretty dumb to me but it's your money and you've obviously got plenty, so do what you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

geeez lads thanks for the vote of confidence, ive ordered kilos before, but ye know with the law change and all...

im gonna go for it anyway, i figure the worst case scenario is i lose out on a couple of hundred euro. best case i get to have my magic week ive been planning.

if customs get their hands on em theyll prolly just confiscate them. hopefully nothing more.

ill let you's know how i get on.

i am a martyr.

lol you think they will just confiscate them and that will be it?

You can't be serouis?!

Magic Mushrooms are CLASS A now meaning you will be treated like anyone else found importing CLASS A substances into the country, a polite knock on your door at 6am by 8 members of the drug squad, good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭AnTaoiseach

I think you should order the kilo.
    May as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭AnTaoiseach

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    lol you think they will just confiscate them and that will be it?

You can't be serouis?!

Magic Mushrooms are CLASS A now meaning you will be treated like anyone else found importing CLASS A substances into the country, a polite knock on your door at 6am by 8 members of the drug squad, good luck

You think the drug squad dont have better things to do than moniter online purchases?
    Things like magic mushrooms wont be treated the same as drugs that are properly imported by known criminal organisations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm going to close this now.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement