Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magic mushrooms are banned in ireland....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Not worth buying them down town as they can be bought by the kg online for next to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

Sure you can get high on anything you want but its the danger level and the long term damage that makes them unpopular ... Passion flower is a common garden plant that has amazing flowers and grows so easy, its a creeper heres an image of one
    http://www.plantris.com/images/passion.flower.jpg

If you prepare that right (boiling etc i wont say how) it becomes a toxin which if you take the right amount you trip like mad ... but if you take too much it can cause serious damage ... people who are into there drugs know these things but then realised mushrooms arnt harmful .. people dont take them for the lovely taste or look hahaha they taste awful, they look strange but the reason there popular is cause you cant die from them and theres no long term damage.

So keep making non harmful things illegal while leaving these extreemly dangerous highs very legal, just like evolution people will adapt to there legal surroundings :) Some people just want to try some high ... they dont really care what but just want to try something before they are too old to do so or before they die they dont want to be addicted just its natural to want to experiance and explore things... Mushrooms were the safe choice ... now people either have to trust a dealer who cuts it with other crap or trust some chemical out of a bottle, or try a potentialy very dangerous alternative

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    I'm pretty sure we do.

do any of the shops in town sell LSA (morning glory, hawaiin baby woodrose)

I just got some in the shop on Curved Street.. Iv never heard of them till now so Iv been reading up on them on the net.. There €5 for a standard portion of 4 seeds..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

Make sure to peel the furry outer coat off, it is to blame for sme of the nausea people experience with them. They are OK, I still prefer shrooms or acid though.

psilocybe wrote:
    Make sure to peel the furry outer coat off, it is to blame for sme of the nausea people experience with them. They are OK, I still prefer shrooms or acid though.

Yeah he did mention that :eek: I think ill approach them with caution tbh.. He said they're pretty strong..

• Advertisement

Yes and they last a good bit longer than shrooms too.

psilocybe wrote:
    Yes and they last a good bit longer than shrooms too.

Cant see why they're so cheap then tbh.. He said they were a bit like truffles only more trippy... Sure I'll soon find out ;)

Theres my point proven ... xzanti would you of even thought bout buying lsa if shrooms hadnt of been made illegal? I doubt it

and lsa trips harder and longer then shrooms there not as "safe" and not as many tests done on them. Now i know nothing really about LSA but damn right am i going to give them a shot before there made illegal :p

PTL wrote:
    Theres my point proven ... xzanti would you of even thought bout buying lsa if shrooms hadnt of been made illegal? I doubt it
    :p

Probably not tbh :rolleyes: :)

Because of the various negative effects and the intensity of the trip I don't think it will be become as popular as shrooms and will probably not become illegal. They won't ban morning glory seeds anyway, the gardeners would be up in arms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

This is retarded, it wasn't the mushrooms that killed him, it was gravity. I suppose we'll make that illegal too, Harney would love that, maybe she wouldn't looked like a slapped trout then.

psilocybe wrote:
    Because of the various negative effects and the intensity of the trip I don't think it will be become as popular as shrooms and will probably not become illegal. They won't ban morning glory seeds anyway, the gardeners would be up in arms.

The shop I was in today was fairly up in arms... They have two huge banners on either side of the counter telling us how the government have been underhanded about this and encouraging us to rebel etc... Can't really blame them.. it all happened very fast :eek:

xzanti wrote:
    The shop I was in today was fairly up in arms... They have two huge banners on either side of the counter telling us how the government have been underhanded about this and encouraging us to rebel etc... Can't really blame them.. it all happened very fast :eek:

I hope you signed the petition.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

those morning glory seeds can cause serious damage to ur liver even in small doses

if u plan on taking these please research the potential negative effects of said drugs

psilocybe wrote:
    I hope you signed the petition.

No petition was brought to my attention but I would have made my mark if it was :D

AFAIK it is a chemical which some seed vendors coat their seeds in which can cause liver damage and this can be overcome by buying organic morning glory seeds in bulk or washing the coating off (it is apparently water soluable) or better yet extracting the LSA. I definetely agree though that anybody who is considering putting any substance into their body should research it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

How can they justify banning it because some guy jumped off a building after eating some mushies? Surely then they should ban alcohol because of all the people killed by drink drivers.

You could use a similar argument to stop chip shops from selling fatty foods because of the amount of people who die yearly from heart attacks!

Some shops annoy me ... just like the hemp store .. that was one of the main sellers in dublin and they sold to everyone and anyone without information and they aswell as many other shops don't give a ****e about the ban and our rights etc they just hate the ban cause there not getting there 200-500euro an hour profit (saturdays they easily done this trade) on there shrooms. Like when sex shops start selling shrooms you know its gotten outa hand :) I really wish if they had to make them illegal that it would only be illegal to sell them but then again the shops that want there profit margins would of found a loop hole ... But now we need the shops, we need them to combine together, thats what happened in england where 8-9 of the biggest shops selling them combined together to share info and funds to fight it, it didnt work there but it was worth a shot ... i supose they ****ed it up for the rest of us so let them fix it :)

I was in the Hemp Store recently asking them if they were going to try to do anything and as you said they didn't give a ****e. In fairness though the shops in Temple Bar are trying to fight the ban. I didn't realise the sex shops were selling them, when did this start?

i cant find the card anywhere for the shop (which i actually wasnt in, just in a mates and he got his shrooms there) but it actually had some advice on it and most of it was true :) id say there will still be some sex stores etc that you have to do a secret handshake (keep it clean lads) and they will still keep selling shrooms ... sure i heard on a phone show people debating about making sex shops illegal hahaha were fecking backwards ... if we had a vote tomorrow on it i bet it would be voted to ban them CAUSE GRANNIES RULE THE BALLET BOXES! Students are lazy and the rest of us are just stupid :)

"what difference will my vote make and even if i did vote there all the bloody same so who cares"

• Advertisement

i did a little experiment 2nite, i ate three punnets of truffles 2nite and i have to say there are some **** up boys sitting in my front room............................................................................................................................

like they are fubarred! this is the seventh time ive tried to get this post sorted without dodgy spelling and its starting to annoy me so.... :)

ive been mixing d shrooms with coke + a fair amount of weed and booze

id be flyin now but the keyboard is holding me down (i think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

i did a little experiment 2nite, i ate three punnets of truffles 2nite and i have to say there are some **** up boys sitting in my front room............................................................................................................................

like they are fubarred! this is the seventh time ive tried to get this post sorted without dodgy spelling and its starting to annoy me so.... :)

ive been mixing d shrooms with coke + a fair amount of weed and booze

id be flyin now but the keyboard is holding me down (i think)

go out your back and start a small fire....we had one tonight ya need the fresh air on shrooms/truffles i reckon

nah im gonna sit and break my **** laughing at my mates. fires and shrooms r bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Seen as you're on the computer, you should have a look at http//www.acidtrip.com/ -- some good mind-twisting visuals :D

(although, I think it used to be better a few years ago)

Goodshape wrote:
    Seen as you're on the computer, you should have a look at http//www.acidtrip.com/ -- some good mind-twisting visuals :D

(although, I think it used to be better a few years ago)

i wish i was as cool as u man. u rock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Dude, I rock so god damn much sometimes, the richter scale don't know what's goin' on.

yeah its like a .wow on the richter scale yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ah Rick c'mon now, its time to log off buddy. You've become a shadow of your former self. You're a gibbering wreck. Its akin to watching Muhammed Ali struggle to light the olympic flame back in Atlanta in 96. A once finely tuned athlete reduced to a shuffling shell of a man whose arm visibly shook whilst lighting the flame.

You have gone from a highly eloquent ambitous determined young man who used to hang out in Fitness Forums.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50772902&postcount=1

To a frazzled incoherent babbling wreck of a poster wandering around After Hours in a state of near dementia frightening the kiddies who've got up to watch the early morning cartoons.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50822799&postcount=112

Pighead really hopes and prays that you will heed these words of advise Rick.
    GO TO BED BUDDY.

psilocybe wrote:

I tried them on Friday night.... Dont think I'll be doing it again.. Iv never come so close to thinking I was actually going to die*.. I didnt even do all 4 seeds in the packet thank god... I only did 3... Id advise anyone trying them to handle with care... :eek:

Anyone who saw a girl on Camden Street giving herself the last rights at a taxi rank at 2.30am... That was yours truly :o:o

• Advertisement

I have just read over on another forum that the Hemp Company has had its San Pedro and Salvia seized by customs, while it could be argued that San Pedro contains an illegal substanse salvia contains no illegal substanses and it is totally illegal for customs to seize it. I am afraid this could be a sign that salvia is going to be made illegal though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement