Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

snaps wrote: »
    Open in google chrome and it will translate:

http://www.cyfraplus.pl/program/abo/

If you click on the programme it will show you the English name of film in English in any other browser.

Excellent :cool:
    ta for the link snaps, I'd never used Chrome - its translation is very good :)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

My Tring card arrived today bit of problem setting up but all working now. For anybody using a dreambox you need to use CCCam+NewCs and it works fine. I you do need to activate it in a Conax cam first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

TCP/IP wrote: »
    My Tring card arrived today bit of problem setting up but all working now. For anybody using a dreambox you need to use CCCam+NewCs and it works fine. I you do need to activate it in a Conax cam first though.

will that show all the premiership matches with english commentary and will it work with the humax box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This is in German but the prices and packages are easy to follow.Gives details of the major sport providers available.
    http://ondemand.ddns.me/Pay-TV.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

i hope ur not let down. have scanned in the sport channels?

JAMM222 wrote: »
    will that show all the premiership matches with english commentary and will it work with the humax box?

If the Humax box has a conax cam it should work I am not sure of that box. Get a dreambox and you will be fine.

i hope ur not let down. have scanned in the sport channels?

Hi Snaps they have advertised the games they are showing for the first couple of weeks on the website. English commentary and all should be a super package. Anyway I have SKY + Setenta + ESPN + HD this is just a backup card.

Hi Snaps they have advertised the games they are showing for the first couple of weeks on the website. English commentary and all should be a super package. Anyway I have SKY + Setenta + ESPN + HD this is just a backup card.

Back up card!!!! You have the lot mate!!!

Yep only way to be. Oh dont forget Sky 3D as well yummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yep only way to be. Oh dont forget Sky 3D as well yummy

Crikey!!!! You have the milk and the cream !!!!

• Advertisement

Yes I help buy new boats and planes for Mr Murdoch alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Not sure how this compares to the prices on the other well known website for Cyfra cards but here is another option which also sells Polsat and Orange.

http://1-szy.net/polishsatelliteplatformcards/index.php?p=0

EDIT: Just at to comparing to Satsklep and if Prestiżowy is the full package then this other website is cheaper for both the SD and HD options. Website also states that if you purchase either a Cyfra or Polsat full package card then an extra €10 they will throw in a HD receiver and hard disk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭garrycann78

anyone know who's showing the sturm graz v arsenal this evening.nothing on total football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

anyone know who's showing the sturm graz v arsenal this evening.nothing on total football

Its not on Live anywhere m8

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Seriously considering buying this card soon! Which package did you go for? Expensive? Worth the cost? I've heard rumours of picture quality being bad. What's your opinion of it yourself?

Seriously considering buying this card soon! Which package did you go for? Expensive? Worth the cost? I've heard rumours of picture quality being bad. What's your opinion of it yourself?

Yes the picture quality is bad compared to others. Also they want an extra transponder but until the new satellite is launched for 16east then that wont happen until at least October.

I just have a funny feeling that customers will be let down like digitalb done.

redout wrote: »

Good spot, not sure it looks as proffesional as satsklep, plus satsklep have supplied many of us without problem?

Good spot, not sure it looks as proffesional as satsklep, plus satsklep have supplied many of us without problem?

Aye, but that price difference is a nice enticer - €78 cheaper for the full Cyfra SD package and €43 cheaper for the full Cyfra HD package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Anybody have any experience with them before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Where do you see that on the site, had a look but cant find it, only the actual fixtures, no mention of whats televised....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

can someone help me i want to order a dish,reciever box and the cyfra + card from the satsklep site to watch the prem football.can someone tell me what exactly product name(ie sat reciever pl63985,dish tn879 etc) i would need.in the 400 euro bracket for everything.thanks.

M5 wrote: »
    Where do you see that on the site, had a look but cant find it, only the actual fixtures, no mention of whats televised....

Yes, the tring website only has a calander of fixtures, no actual confimation of what they are showing yet, like has been said, they dont even have any sports channels yet.

can someone help me i want to order a dish,reciever box and the cyfra + card from the satsklep site to watch the prem football.can someone tell me what exactly product name(ie sat reciever pl63985,dish tn879 etc) i would need.in the 400 euro bracket for everything.thanks.

What do you want? HD? Full package? Just Sports with HD? Theres a lot to choose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

What do you want? HD? Full package? Just Sports with HD? Theres a lot to choose.
    im going to go with the cyfra+ card but i need to know what spec dish i would need to pick up the signal?and would any hd box do for the cyfra card?thanks

Yes, the tring website only has a calander of fixtures, no actual confimation of what they are showing yet, like has been said, they dont even have any sports channels yet.

Thats what i thought, leaving it late FFS :mad:

• Advertisement

Last year anything tring said theyvwould show they did. They will be using there existing channels to show the football until the new sat and during the football they will be increasing the bitrate to improve quality. HD coming next year.

im going to go with the cyfra+ card but i need to know what spec dish i would need to pick up the signal?and would any hd box do for the cyfra card?thanks

80cm will be fine, any HD receiver with a multicypt reader. Most recievers can be upgraded with a 3rd party firmware to allow all types of cards to be read. The satsklep site will tell you what receiver does what.

The popular combos here in Ireland work fine (Edision, fergusson, Mvision, Technomate)

Last year anything tring said theyvwould show they did. They will be using there existing channels to show the football until the new sat and during the football they will be increasing the bitrate to improve quality. HD coming next year.

thats my point though, they are not saying what they are showing. Just a list of the opening fixtures......

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

80cm will be fine, any HD receiver with a multicypt reader. Most recievers can be upgraded with a 3rd party firmware to allow all types of cards to be read. The satsklep site will tell you what receiver does what.

The popular combos here in Ireland work fine (Edision, fergusson, Mvision, Technomate)

Hi everyone!

I’ve a had a good read of the http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054876132 and http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055953522 threads about which hardware to buy for Premier league football and with three weeks to go I need to buy something!

I need premier league football, Champions League/ Europa League (:-( liverpool) HD, Saturday/ Sunday 3 o’clock games plus whatever the main games are on regular Sky. Maybe a bit of WWE too.

Budget €450- €550

Snaps, can I ask for your opinion/ recommendation on the following construction?

The Dish (€46.95)
    http://satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1166&id_kat=167&id_typu=0

I would like to keep one lnb pointed at Sky as I don’t have a Tv aerial and want to keep RTE / BBC Radio 5 for English commentary etc.

Can I do this? I am thinking a motorised dish would lose me the Irish channels/ english audio from 5 Live at the same time as a live match on Canal.

That leaves two lnbs to point at Hotbird and one other, any recommendations?

Choice of Receiver

Spiderbox HD9000 (£189.00 stg) (stay away maybe?)
    http://www.southernsat.co.uk/cart/index.php?l=product_detail&p=735

Edision Argus mini 2 in 1 IP Combo HD Satellite/DTT Receiver (€169.00)
    http://www.saortv.com/shop/Digital-TV-Receivers/Combo/Edision-Argus-mini-2-in-1-IP-Combo-HD-Satellite/DTT-Receiver/prod_72.html

Opticum HD TS 9600 (€172.71)

http://satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1627&id_kat=278&id_typu=0

Subscriptions

This CYFRA card (€158.00)
    http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1250&id_kat=80&id_typu=0&lang=eng

Is there anything else I need, apart from someone to install?

Thanks!

The dish should work ok, but it may be hit and miss in very bad weather.

Personally i would have a seperate 60cm dish for astra 28.2 east, which can be connected up to the cheapest FTA receiver ex sky box you can lay your hands on.

Get an 80cm or even a 1m motorised dish, but the dish you have suggested will be grand for say 13/19 east, perhaps 28 east as well, but like i said weather allowing (Align on 19 east and have 13/28 east offset).

If you have the 80cm triple lnb dish you suggested you will need a diseqc switch, but like i say run the 28.2east lnb on a seperate receiver, with a seperate feed (Allowing five live commentry whilst watching Hotbird)

The Edision will work fine as it has 2 card readers so you could have the Cyfra+ HD card and an Al Jazeera card running at the same time. (I reccomend the new Viaccess 4 Al jazeera card as these wil not be changed again as theve just gone through a card exchange)

The Opticum i dont know much about.

Spiderbox, well the judge is still out there and i fear that what it is suppossed to do will be fine when not being used in peak times. Also Spiderbox has no DVB-T option unlike the Edison and Opticum.

You'll need a decent Dish mount.

Check out tvtrade.ie, You may get everything you need there bar the cards.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for your help.

Space is very limited on my balcony as much of it is taken up by a window and there is very little wall space. I'll ask an engineer to see if he can fit a second (motorised) dish out there, if not I am stuck with either the triple lnb one or I can sacrifice my english commentary and irish tv channels and buy a better quality motorised dish.

Is it the fact that the dish is not mesh that leaves its quality subject to bad signal quality? And last question, is there a dish/ motor that you would recommend, 80cm is all I think I can get away with as I face onto a busy shopping street!

I'm going to get the ball rolling with the Edison on tvtrade.ie along with the Cyfra+ HD Card. I'll take a look at the Al Jazeera card (from marconi i think) when i get a few more euro saved up!

Thanks again!

Thanks a million for your help.

Space is very limited on my balcony as much of it is taken up by a window and there is very little wall space. I'll ask an engineer to see if he can fit a second (motorised) dish out there, if not I am stuck with either the triple lnb one or I can sacrifice my english commentary and irish tv channels and buy a better quality motorised dish.

Is it the fact that the dish is not mesh that leaves its quality subject to bad signal quality? And last question, is there a dish/ motor that you would recommend, 80cm is all I think I can get away with as I face onto a busy shopping street!

I'm going to get the ball rolling with the Edison on tvtrade.ie along with the Cyfra+ HD Card. I'll take a look at the Al Jazeera card (from marconi i think) when i get a few more euro saved up!

Thanks again!

80cm is actually big when you have one in front of you.

I would recommend one of these http://www.pulsat.com/products/Metronic-85CM-Clear-Dish.html if trying to be as inconspicuous as possible.

I have one and can vouch for them.

redout wrote: »
    80cm is actually big when you have one in front of you.

I would recommend one of these http://www.pulsat.com/products/Metronic-85CM-Clear-Dish.html if trying to be as inconspicuous as possible.

I have one and can vouch for them.

That's absolutely brilliant! Now to find a motor!

That's absolutely brilliant! Now to find a motor!

One of the cheaper more reliable motors is a Moteck SG2100.

Moving an 85cm dish would pose no problem for that motor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

tm 2600 or 2300 are good also

if your getting the edision from tv trade get the dish, lnbs, disecq, multi lnb holder as well, see how you get on with a multi lnb setup and take it from there.

Marconi might not be the cheapest for Al Jazeera, try ebay. I wouldnt recommend the orange Irdeto cards

would the viaacess 4 cards not be better as they are only after being changed is there any plans to change out the irdeto cards?

glic83 wrote: »
    would the viaacess 4 cards not be better as they are only after being changed is there any plans to change out the irdeto cards?

Thats why i suggest the blue viaccess 4 cards and NOT the orange Irdeto cards

lol didnt read your post properly

glic83 wrote: »
    lol didnt read your post properly

No probs, i oftern dont read posts properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

more news on russian interests on premiership rites...

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2010/07/27/russia-eyes-football-pay-tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 thfcem

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OAS-Flat-Square-Satellite-Dish/dp/B001PPGBSY/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0

would this sat( or one similar) be any use for picking up hotbird, thinking of getting al-jazerra and cyfra, haven't really got the room for 80cm dish.
    p.s. i'm in kildare

thanks

thfcem wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/OAS-Flat-Square-Satellite-Dish/dp/B001PPGBSY/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0

would this sat( or one similar) be any use for picking up hotbird, thinking of getting al-jazerra and cyfra, haven't really got the room for 80cm dish.
    p.s. i'm in kildare

thanks

I wouldnt touch one of them.

If you want inconspicuous then here http://www.pulsat.com/products/Metronic-65CM-Clear-Dish.html

and here http://www.pulsat.com/products/Metronic-85CM-Clear-Dish.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Supercatic4

Hi everyone,

Total noob here looking for advice. Got to say I have been looking everywhere for advice everywhere until I came across this forum yesterday. I have been reading through afew threads and it has helped me out understand what is what. Especially the posts from snaps and redout.

I am after a system in the northern UK to pick up EPL in HD in a cheap way, not bothered about audio. From what I have read I think my options are Diema or/and Cyfra+. Do I have any other options? Abu Dubai Media Company is not avaliable here?

Also I read I would need a 80cm dish + HD reciever + Sub card. Can you reccomend any recievers? I would like to keep things cheap, but having DTT tuners as an extra would be nice, I believe the Edison and Opticum HD are in this category.

Do these recievers need a lot of modding before they work or are they just plug and play? Dont understand Cams and CI modules.

Do i buy everything from satskelp or are there better places to buy.

Many thanks for listening any help or advice will be appreciated, sorry about so many questions!

Hi everyone,

Total noob here looking for advice. Got to say I have been looking everywhere for advice everywhere until I came across this forum yesterday. I have been reading through afew threads and it has helped me out understand what is what. Especially the posts from snaps and redout.

I am after a system in the northern UK to pick up EPL in HD in a cheap way, not bothered about audio. From what I have read I think my options are Diema or/and Cyfra+. Do I have any other options? Abu Dubai Media Company is not avaliable here?

Also I read I would need a 80cm dish + HD reciever + Sub card. Can you reccomend any recievers? I would like to keep things cheap, but having DTT tuners as an extra would be nice, I believe the Edison and Opticum HD are in this category.

Do these recievers need a lot of modding before they work or are they just plug and play? Dont understand Cams and CI modules.

Many thanks for listening any help or advice will be appreciated, sorry about so many questions!

If you want EPL in HD on the cheap then Cyfra is your best bet.

Cards here http://www.satsklep.pl/

Diema and Diema 2 do not broadcast in HD as yet.

Abu Dhabi is a no no unless you want a good size 3m dish!

There are some other EPL HD options available but the prices are considerably higher than Cyfra.

Cyfra is on 13e so yeah I reckon an 80cm would by perfect for you.

You can run a Cyfra card (and most other cards) in a dreambox.

If you want HD then either a dreambox 500HD or 800HD.

I dont know a lot about DTT tuners so I will leave that to someone that does.

dreamboxes run on linux and need a bit of getting use to.

If you have the Cyfra card then all you need to do is download and flash an image like Gemini onto your box and install CCcam - get latest versions though if you buy a clone watchout for the bombs in the images.

Pop the card in the receiver and off you go!

My advice is if you dont understand how to run the dreambox a part from the basics then dont go messing around changing stuff or else you will probably get lost.

Satsklep have been used by a few posters on here and no negative feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Hi everyone,

Redout has answered most of your questions so I will just take the DTT one. You can either get a combo box straight off or get an enigma2 based box, like a DM800, and manually add a USB DTT tuner to it and run the DreamElite image. I am only familar with Dreamboxes so I can't speak for the other boxes. I am very happy with it and couldn't recommend it enough - it's not the easiest to get around though if you're not too technical tough.

Fantastic stuff guys.

I am ok with a 80cm dish and subscription, so the only questions i have left (for now) is is there a cheaper option than the Dreamboxes and how do they compare.

I was looking at the Edision Argus or Opticum HD, price wise seem better but will they work?

Azzeretti - sorry but what does "combo box straight off or get an enigma2 based box" really mean?

Also what is the difference between the Cyfra+ and Diemia packages in terms of matches shown?

Once again many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Also what is the difference between the Cyfra+ and Diemia packages in terms of matches shown?
    http://ondemand.ddns.me/Pay-TV.pdf

Really stupid question but... Been browsing the sakskelp site, would i need to buy a cam as well as the multipacket package subscription?

• Advertisement

Really stupid question but... Been browsing the sakskelp site, would i need to buy a cam as well as the multipacket package subscription?

If all you want is the footie in HD then this is the card http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1250&id_kat=80&id_typu=0

If you buy either the Cyfra Pace or Strong receiver from their website then you will not require a CAM.

Advertisement