Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Manc-Red wrote: »
    I also have on Digi HD & TV2 PL1 HD, shame there's no Eng.
    I watched on AD sports HD6 down the pub and the commentary was in english. After the game they flicked over to the spurs game and then over to the chelsea game. Anyone have a rough price for this sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Doodoo wrote: »
    I watched on AD sports HD6 down the pub and the commentary was in english. After the game they flicked over to the spurs game and then over to the chelsea game. Anyone have a rough price for this sub.

Thats an IPTV sub, It's about 400 per year.

No chance of getting it on satellite here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Doodoo wrote: »

what's the quality like? Does it buffer?
    Iptv is the future, soon enough everything will be delivered via BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

snaps wrote: »
    what's the quality like? Does it buffer?
    Iptv is the future, soon enough everything will be delivered via BB.

The picture quality and sound were perfect. No buffering at all - not even once. I didnt even realise it wasn't a sat feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,906 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Al Jazeera Sports revealed through screens Friday evening that acquired the global rights of the Premier League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Headshot wrote: »
    Al Jazeera Sports revealed through screens Friday evening that acquired the global rights of the Premier League

Any link?

MP and Silvia won the middle east rights, unless they've done a deal with them?

Surely to god JSC EPL games won't be available on 13e will it???

• Registered Users Posts: 53,906 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Imagine if it was

097390ed_homer-simpson-drooling.jpg

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Imagine if it was

097390ed_homer-simpson-drooling.jpg

Hahahaha!!! Brilliant m8:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

The game has to be up for Sky. They paid way too much for the rights and with broadband and foreign satellites and other means it's very easy to view any game you want for cheap. Even if Al Jazeera don't broadcast the premier league on 13E there are plenty of other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Friends of mine in Algeria are telling me that Al - Jazeera will broadcast via IPTV as well as Sat.

recyclebin wrote: »
    The game has to be up for Sky. They paid way too much for the rights and with broadband and foreign satellites and other means it's very easy to view any game you want for cheap. Even if Al Jazeera don't broadcast the premier league on 13E there are plenty of other options.

Yes but not enough of joe public know this. The bubble is there for bursting, not just for sky but for the EPL on a whole, there has to be a time that comes where the cost of rights will be to far over priced. Look what they went for this time, think what the bidding rights will be in 3 years time?

The problem also with sky is that they do their best to wipe out the competition, typical Murdoch. Look at all the restrictions now with 3pms/English commentary. There's only so much bossing they can do before broadcasters and the public give them the 2 fingers and move onto some other league, like the Bundesliga which is really up and coming.

All these European laws etc seem far to iffy, freedom of goods etc etc, at the end of the day means nothing to the consumer and can always be turned to suit.

Sky are having their comtuppance now too, now with these tight beams on Astra 2 (Soon the whole of Astra 2 will be focused on UK/Ire), its wiping out all these 1000's of european subs that bars have in holiday resorts. LOts of cancelled subs and lost earnings to sky.

I fear as well, we (Irish consumers) may fair a lot worse of from next season onwards, with having to pay for extra subs, restrictions etc. If we do, im sure the other doors that are open for EPL viewing will soon start to get snapped up.

Sky have become a monopoly since the EPL started in the early 90's. I agree with a statement manc red made, about how unfair it always is that Ireland are always bundled in with sky UK's rights, yet we pay more for our subs than our UK cousins. The sooner Ireland gets reconised as a European country and not part of the UK the better. Nothing at all meant politically with that statement, 100% geographically meaning. Us being bundled in everytime with UK TV rights is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

what about setanta and 3pm's are they not irish.

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    what about setanta and 3pm's are they not irish.

they are, but they are the only rights that differ from UK.

How many other European country has the epl rights split into different broadcasters? We are always banded into the UK rights apart from the 3pm setanta rights. Why can't one provider bid here for all the epl rights, ie, the sat 12.45, sat 15.00, sat 17.30, sun 14.00 & 16.00, Mon 20.00 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Or why can't somebody buy the remaining rights not shown at all by uk broadcasters. The Irish viewer is shafted royally compared to others

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Whats the best foreign provider for bundesliga,la liga and EPL games?

nc+ Poland at present. Will have to see what else comes to light during the summer.
    Al jazeera will be one to watch and also total tv from the ex Yugoslavian countries.
    Total tv and possibly al jazeera may need their own receivers to view, but not end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

any one have any info on how to get started with IPTV

for Prime league next season ? look at this ?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0epaYrO8slE

• Advertisement

for Prime league next season ? look at this ?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0epaYrO8slE

haha. 650£ for the box and 37.50£ a week!

Keep an eye on this site for next season....

h*tp://shop.eurotvdirect.com/

i am sure there are cheaper ways , just need to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

i am sure there are cheaper ways , just need to find them

This one is cheaper:

http://sat-planet.ie/IP_TV

but you will have to email and ask what stations

Have sky Italia lost the epl from next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Ghostleader

Have sky Italia lost the epl from next season?

Really doubt it mate, its just that a distribution company bought the rights but in all honesty whos going to be able to afford them to buy them from this mob $ky Italia or Mediasat? Exactly mate....

Really doubt it mate, its just that a distribution company bought the rights but in all honesty whos going to be able to afford them to buy them from this mob $ky Italia or Mediasat? Exactly mate....

I knew it wasn't a straight deal with sky, it seems the same in a lot of countries, 3rd parties have brought the rights. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

FOX Sports is to launch in Italy and they have acquired the rights. According to a thread on Digital Spy at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Keep an eye on this site for next season....

h*tp://shop.eurotvdirect.com/

Lets leave sports rights aside for one moment.

A simple question to ask yourself. How could a website in california have agreements from all these TV stations to rebroadcast UK/Irish/Arab stations on an IP service.

Be very careful about signing up to any such service.

• Advertisement

STB wrote: »
    Lets leave sports rights aside for one moment.

A simple question to ask yourself. How could a website in california have agreements from all these TV stations to rebroadcast UK/Irish/Arab stations on an IP service.

Be very careful about signing up to any such service.

IPTV

IPTV is becoming very popular, i have been researching it. In simple terms All that the web side need to send you is a line of coad. Ans if you have fast internet then not a problem. I have seen this working for AD sports all 380 games in English. I would like to get it her in inland but its to expensive.

Advertisement