Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reg Plate Laws

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Blahblah, I got them made up in a motor factors in Dundalk, they were only €20. Its at a Maxol filling station on the north side of the town on the right (near Lidl or Aldi I think). Yer man told me the Gardai are clamping down on them and that its my responsibility of I get caught, not his coz he warned me. I'd say they're just strict up in Dundalk coz there's a good few boy racers up there, and perhaps other dodgy activity :confused:

Nowhere in Drogheda would do them for me, they said the Guards had been in with them and stopped them from making the custom plates, but mine aren't too fancy and are legible so I don't think they'd stop me for them, what harm is a tiny bit of text at the bottom of the plate after all? Nowhere like Dundalk for a bit of criminal activity ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

last time I asked about this I was informed that there was also a Revenue interest in this and it's not just the Gardai who can/will take action if they want to.

It's only a bloody reg plate, just get the thing done properly and leave it on the car. FFS it's only a method of transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

shabbyroad wrote:
    FFS it's only a method of transport.

i disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Litcagral wrote:
    AFAIK this does not apply to imported classic/vintage vehicles which have to be reregistered here. They can use the ZV xxxx format in silver on a black background if they wish. It does not apply to older registered vehicles pre 1991? and it must not apply to the Irish Defence forces as I frequently see military vehicles with silver letters/numbers on a black background.
    Agreed. Note it doesn't apply to yy -CO-1234 format either if the car is older than 1991.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

seamus wrote:
    Ask unkel - the "Baile Átha Cliath" on his plate was half faded, and they failed him

See the pic in my sig...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

shabbyroad wrote:
    FFS it's only a method of transport.

Some people have more of an interest in cars than you, obviously. Its a hobby to some people, others just want their cars to look nice and keep them well to retain their value. The latter applies to me. I just got new reg plates because my old ones were a bit shabby looking, I got a nicer, cleaner font and the car looks better and more attractive when I have it valeted and waxed - to most car enthusiasts. Sorry for wanting my car to look good:rolleyes:

Advertisement