Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Wicklow - filthy & always out of stock

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 miketcali

Jip wrote:
    You sir, don't know what you're talking about, a couple of complaints about what's basically one of the biggest shopping chains in the country and all of a sudden they're the devil incarnate. And if you done you're research correctly, you'll find that they invest a hell of alot more in their staff than a certain home grown supermarket chain does. Get back to researching, one thread on boards.ie does not mean you've all the answers.

And what the hell are you talking about, "British Snobs" ?

Jip, I really apologize about the "snob" quote, but here is just one of many quotes about the Irish, coming from your friendly people on this board, since you asked. I pasted it without the persons name and is actually the nicest one I read.

"Actually let me make a slight correction to my last post regarding the quality of the Staff. I should have said "The Irish staff are terrible" - the staff on late at night (pretty much all of Eastern European extraction) are incredibly friendly and helpful. Still doesn't solve the stock problem though...."

I don't really care much about that anyway. The point is that this company is a disaster and it is not what it's cracked up to be. Who knows, though; beings that we have so much fruit and vegetables, distributers, etc... here in the U.S. maybe it's inevitable that they succeed here in the few states I mentioned earlier. But that does not mean that they are a ethical company beings that they are so crappy in the UK. I wonder if or how long you, sir, ever worked major retail? I worked the worlds 2nd largest retailer in the world; Home Depot. They are the world's largest home improvement retailer as well. Only WalMart is bigger. I worked with HD for 8 yrs and invested as well. I learned the hard way that what the majority of people complaining about on this board is exactly the same as HD on other message boards, when I was researching my own company the whole time employed there, from 1999-2007 this last July. I had alot of wishful thinking. People smirk now days when one mentions their experiences at HD. So forgive me for rattling your nerves sidetracking you from the subject at matter. The fact remains that the fact at matter is still the fact at matter. Don't let people like me distract you while the fact at matter is biting you in the a-s. OK? God bless you and I hope you can re-gain your sense of humor. One last thing: I appreciate the fact that Tesco invests plenty in benefits, programs, etc. HD does, also. But for the employees to be subject to poor management, fund alocations, and staffing shortages in late operation stores is not treating the employe well at all and even the customers. The employe becomes a complaint department that gets very personal and requires more than retail and customer service skills. Sometimes it leads to criminal acts that should require hazard pay JUST to work at a store, for crying out loud. Also, it helps to have had some college psychology and sociology understanding, and maybe even religious clerical skills, and the Irish (oops) as well, but still, we are talking about grocery store clerks. Also, guess how much these large businesses pay their CEO's to be fired. Try $250,000,000 for HD's last CEO to hit the road. Somebody has a large standard of living and it is not the people on this board who are the customer, and it certainly is not the workers. Maybe you are simply defending the honor(or lack of) of companys like Tesco? Or maybe your investment? I just will not get trapped in a sour company again. My only suggestion is that book a few people mentioned about Customer is The King. People can complain with their feet. Other than that, when we write letters we are giving them free advice that they do not appreciate.

Advertisement