Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week

Options
  • 10-01-2006 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Just read on the ULSU website that RAG week is on in week 4 of semester 2. Isn't this way earlier than usual, I seem to remember that it was always on in or around week 8, which would be in the middle of April.

And *goes a little misty-eyed here* that meant the weather was always fairly good - ya could bring the sofa outside for the week. But in the middle of March...

At least they changed the name back from Kollege Week, which always made me think of Frosties and Crunchy Nuts etc.

Anyone know what gigs/events will be on?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

hoody wrote:
    Just read on the ULSU website that RAG week is on in week 4 of semester 2. Isn't this way earlier than usual, I seem to remember that it was always on in or around week 8, which would be in the middle of April.

And *goes a little misty-eyed here* that meant the weather was always fairly good - ya could bring the sofa outside for the week. But in the middle of March...

At least they changed the name back from Kollege Week, which always made me think of Frosties and Crunchy Nuts etc.

Anyone know what gigs/events will be on?

Events pfffft

If 7 days o drinking dosent do it for ya, nothing will!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

"If 7 days o drinking dosent do it for ya, nothing will!"

Good God man you can do anytime, one must have events in order to make it stand out from any other week!!:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*chuckle*

*zinged* by a mere first year Pete bai. :v:

Mossin wrote:
    "If 7 days o drinking dosent do it for ya, nothing will!"

Good God man you can do anytime, one must have events in order to make it stand out from any other week!!:v:

Well done sir!

By golly lad, if only I knew where you lived......

As for events, there'll be the usual I presume. Hynotists, Bungee jump etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

ya it's week 4 because they're (SU and the ents crowd) doing it as part of a complete overhaul of RAG Week (hence why it has reversed to RAG Week as well) Also, it's been moved earlier because of the fact that week 7/8 has always been a busy time for projects/essays/assignments/presentations et cetera et cetera so by having it earlier in the semester it is hoped that more people will be able to...er..."benefit" from it. If one can "benefit" from partaking in RAG Week.
    [the irony of this though is that week 4 clashes with 4th year humanity students' FYPs...they're not happy :mad: oh well, makes no odd to me, i'll be on co-op anyway so i'll be back down with a loaded wallet :D]
    as for events, not if anything has been entirely confirmed yet, i'd say watch out in An Focal, or the website. and here. i'm sure news will filter through. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭chubba1984

Havin Rag Week in week 4 is a great idea. It means the first 5 weeks of semester will be in a drunken haze! Week 1 - Hand in FYP, celebrate, Week 2 - Continue celebrating, Week 3 - Prepare for Rag week, Week 4 - RAG Week, Week 5 - Paddy's Day. I could do wit gettin myself a job to afford it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

weird, a super early Rag Week, but then what is there to look forward to afterwards..................... *invents new party week*

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Ah bollox!?

I wont be here, i'm on TP back home
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

TP..G'luck with it..!
    il be around..i shall be making my way over to UL..Heading to UCC's aswell on the 28th, myt aswell occupy myself with my 2weeks off..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Its much better to have it earlier I had sh'tloads of stuff to do cause it was on so late last year, of coarse that didnt stop me drinkin:D but it would be better if it wasnt hanging over your head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭*yoda*

[the irony of this though is that week 4 clashes with 4th year humanity students' FYPs...they're not happy :mad: oh well, makes no odd to me, i'll be on co-op anyway so i'll be back down with a loaded wallet :D]
    as for events, not if anything has been entirely confirmed yet, i'd say watch out in An Focal, or the website. and here. i'm sure news will filter through. :cool:

yes but they are humanities students so they have little else to be doing with their time anyway because of the few hours they actually have in college, so they cannot be complaining. unlike us, week 1, boo.

*meow*

somebody is bitter :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭*yoda*

its all good i live with humanities pple. i can judge. plus im business so i cant really judge to begin with. ill play nice from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭chubba1984

*yoda* wrote:
    its all good i live with humanities pple. i can judge. plus im business so i cant really judge to begin with. ill play nice from now on!

What sort of a statement is that? What can/can't you judge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

*yoda* wrote:
    yes but they are humanities students so they have little else to be doing with their time anyway because of the few hours they actually have in college, so they cannot be complaining. unlike us, week 1, boo.

ehh............humanties includes a wide variety of courses, some of which have pretty much in and around the same number of hours as business. get off yer self-pitying high horse, darlin!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

im 4th year humanitees. dont have to have the fyp in til wk 8 tho. i think they regard our course as 'speshal'. but rag week sucks tho. fair enuff, drinking at home is grand, but i just dont enjoy being in the baying masses huddled 'neath the stables courtyard roof. it got a bit stale, ya know. sounds nostalgic, but i think my second year rag week was the best. had a bit of sun at least. :rolleyes:

keevita wrote:
    but rag week sucks tho. fair enuff, drinking at home is grand, but i just dont enjoy being in the baying masses huddled 'neath the stables courtyard roof.

I'm fairly sure I had a big rant about this ages ago, and would agree with ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

keevita wrote:
    fair enuff, drinking at home is grand, but i just dont enjoy being in the baying masses huddled 'neath the stables courtyard roof. it got a bit stale, ya know

that's true, the stables is disgusting in rag week, can imagine it being even worse this year with the scholars being closed. houseparties are way cheaper and usually more craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

I tohught the Scholars was to reopen in the Second Semester though. I say we rent a pavilion on the Library Lawn and drink the day (and night) away

I tohught the Scholars was to reopen in the Second Semester though. I say we rent a pavilion on the Library Lawn and drink the day (and night) away

AFAIK scholars is being turned into a shop...disgusting I know!

Drinking the day away in a boards branded pavillion sounds good!

• Advertisement

Any excuse lads ay?!....
    im sure ye'll find somewhere to drink!..theres means and ways around everything!;)

Fast_Mover wrote:
    Any excuse lads ay?!....
    You have no idea! :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Hurrah!

Fast_Mover wrote:
    Any excuse lads ay?!....
    im sure ye'll find somewhere to drink!..theres means and ways around everything!;)

meh, I'll be at home as usual drinking tbh. College is out tbh and guaranteed we'll be having some sort of bogsocial in our house.

kaimera wrote:
    ... bogsocial in our house.

Its a box social, hootenanny, shindig etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

kaimera wrote:
    meh, I'll be at home as usual drinking tbh. College is out tbh and guaranteed we'll be having some sort of bogsocial in our house.

Sounds like a much more enticing plan to me... sure ya know ill gate crash that one. invite or no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

440Hz wrote:
    Sounds like a much more enticing plan to me... sure ya know ill gate crash that one. invite or no!

Do you even need an invite at this stage?

Plus who's going to carry me to bed?
    And make sure Kai doesn't get over eager, undressing me again*

Seen as I'm a UL Rag Week n00b, what can be expected events wise?(apart from <along with> incessant drinking)?

*the details are a little fuzzy:v:

our party > rag week tbh Al. 15min chugging sessions! w00t

fyi, can I get a lower case 'k' on my un usage please? I mean i went to the trouble of changing it to a wee 'k'.

kaimera wrote:
    can I get a lower case 'k' on my un usage please? I mean i went to the trouble of changing it to a wee 'k'.
    Whats your obession with the small 'k' then?

+whats this about u undressing Vuk?:eek:

• Advertisement

it's less threatening.

+ long story. Tis a beers tale tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement