Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your favouite thing while growing up

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 MadamLucy

ok to sound very girlie here but mine are

collecting fancy paper
    wearing plastic dummies and collecting trolls (always ended up cutting the hair off)
    putting crisp packets in the oven, shrinking them and making keyrings
    playing curbs and tip the can
    wearing scrunchies as a fashion statment
    watching care bears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Hmm so many good memories.

Battle of the planets - I chose to be Jason ( the bad boy of the good guys).

The Hulk - man that used to scar the bejesus out of me , but only when he changed into the hulk. well that was untill my uncle grabbed me one night and made me watch it.

Mr Freezre Giant - 15 p and the red ones ALWAYS cut the side of your mouth.

Going shopping with my mum and enjoying it - yeah the weekly trip to the local supermarket ( now where are they , most are now big chains like dunnes and tesco). But my fav was loading up our trollie with stuff i wanted, Ok i was told no .. so i put the stuff into other peoples Trollies :D , My crowning moment was when some kid got a slap off his Mum for putting something in twice ....

Playing footy for 10 hours during the summer - during the 86 world cup we had a fantastic bit of sun , of course wwe went skins v's tops and replayed all the matches , I got so badly burnt by the sun that now when i do get burnt i don't feel it at all on my back/shoulders/arms.

Bike rides - jsut going out for a cycle because i could. Heading off around the area discovering stuff and getting chased off the older kids.

Nick Naks - Man they used to be the funnest thing since sliced bread =).

Transformers - I Loved this show , just fantastic

a real Fire - you know when you come home from school and it's been lashing down and your soaked to the bone , so you change ( usualy i'd get into my fav pair of jeans) and then stand in front of the fire to warm up. however the fire would superheat the jeans and if you tried to walk it would burn ( well not really burn) the back of your legs. As we got older we would try and push each other so that you would end up sitting down. still brings a big ass smile to my face.

Sat morning cartoons - yeah , have to agree with most here . watching them , switching between channels becuase if you timed it right you could hit 5 or your fav shows without missing a thing. of course you would be so pumped up with sugar ( from the cerial and the sugar on top if it) that once they where over you would be out for the rest of the day.

Bob a job - Man i used to love that. My fav was to clear out peoples attic's/garage/shed etc.. but any of the kwel stuff i'd keep and sell down the local car boot sale a few weeks later =).

last day of school - everyone used to bring in toys and **** load of sweeties ... i used to love that 1 day of school .. rest of the time ... meh.

The GAA - as i got older i was at first FORCED to go at about 10 am to practice , now this used to cut into my cartoon time , however i made some great friends and after i while i forgot about cartoons =).

Camping - Going camping with the whole family , if you dad didn't loose his temper on the way to the site , then he would blow the top by the time the tent was up =).

loads more .. but i gota get going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

I loved making daisy chains in the summer... that was after i graduated from catching bees... the memories:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

my big red fun bus and you got all the little people with it. you could change the signs in the bus it was brilliant! best present ever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Football,it always has and always will be one of the main things in my life,id give up my whole life to date to play professional Football.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

Cow Tipping..Hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Well, musicwise my older brothers and sisters tortured me with everything from Hendrix to The Sweet.

I had a little puppet that looked like biker Evil Knevel and it came with a device that geared up the wheels and then released them making them picking up speed. So funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Bosco, progressing on to the Den (was a member of the club) and the DJ Kat show. My Raleigh Apple bike, Transformers and Barbies (which only wore wedding dresses!) and my Little Mermaid video...Sebastian was my hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Commodore 64 tapes and then cartridges
    DJ Kat on Sky
    Transformers the show and the toys
    Lego

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

The Muppet Show on a Sunday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Quantum leap and fizzy lizzy/stinger bars

Advertisement