Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your favouite thing while growing up

Options
  • 09-01-2006 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

When i was growing up i ued to love the spice girls I know Its bad but it was back in the day . I feel stupid for likening them know i say wat was i thinking:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

the spice girls rocked-what are ya talkin about!!scary was my fave

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I suppose the NES and Mario bros

Sonic the wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Letting my imagination get carried away building stuff from an enormous box of LEGO and Technics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

them plasticy swords you get in the pound shops.

newsagents doing 4 for a £1 on chocolate bars. (long gone are these days)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭arac

;) my dinkys and my fisher price garage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Airwolf.
    Robin of Sherwood.
    McGuiver.

Action Force men. (and making a base out of a box and an onion net)
    Lego.

Specky 48K.
    Hi-Speed dubbing.

Tip-the-can.

...and of course: Ninja's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

GI Joe Figures
    Ghostbusters

Im sure there were lots more but thats all I can think of off the top of my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweety4uall

Eminem wrote:
    When i was growing up i ued to love the spice girls I know Its bad but it was back in the day . I feel stupid for likening them know i say wat was i thinking:confused:
    u think u sad?i liked bros.who r they i hear u say?c what i mean?sad,but at the time they made my dreams very exciting.lol

u think u sad?i liked bros.who r they i hear u say?c what i mean?sad,but at the time they made my dreams very exciting.lol
    Ah Bros! :D That was always one to write on someone homework book - I love Bros; Janson and Kiley rule ok! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭mise_me_fein_V2

Running through fields and knicking stuff, and making huts.

Wrestling, Nintendo, the 26 hundred from A-TAR-RI.

pretending I was in a spaceship at the seats at mass.

Star Wars toys and Thundercats on a Wednesday afternoon after school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Trilla wrote:

Sonic the wha?

Sonic the Hedgehog, wasn't it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

pretending I was in a spaceship at the seats at mass.

10/10

Football
    Lego
    Round tubs of IceCream with wooden paddle that only seemed to exist in Dublin Zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Lego for def. and dinky cars!! Model trains as well I have to admit... had a whole model city running at one point.

(Gee I was such a girl :v: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

my beloved Sega Master System 2 and those horrible rectangle control pads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Airfix kits

(no I never sniffed the glue)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bking

Ruu wrote:
    my beloved Sega Master System 2 and those horrible rectangle control pads :)

For Sure! I had one of those. Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in! Oh yeah. I got that as a rom for a master system emulator and it's still fantastic! Thought i might have just been seeing it thru sepia tinted glasses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Share lots of these memories,
    The Speccy 48k
    Atari 2600, me and a friend used to get a needle and press it against the rear com ports(or similar). This would cause games like moon patrol to go screwy, you could end up with 10 pyramids in a row to jump over-totally impossible to do.

I loved Knight rider,the A-Team and later McGuiver also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

The Man from Atlantis was cool

meldrew wrote:
    thats ringing bells, but I can't remember.

When Sky and Super came out together. Super was great: Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants etc..

Manimal was another great one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Favourite things included making homemade skateboards from broken ones, and riding an Eska "folding" stunt bike around the streets with my friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Summertime... having 2/3 months holidays!! Just playing out the back on the swings, playing hide and go seek, making tents out of blankets and garden furniture, splashing around in the paddling pool and having water fights, going cycling, playing badminton in the garden, going on trips to the beach and the odd foreign holiday to France or Holland or Belguim.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Getting up at 6am on a Saturday morning, bringing the duvet down to the couch, getting a big bowl of Coco Pops and watching Going Live/Live and Kicking the whole morning! Ah memories....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

He-Man on UTV on Mondays after school. Playing football during the lunchbreaks with those orange plastic balls. FunFactory on skychannel Saturdays and Sundays (ie cartoons for 4hours between 7am and 11am!). Transformers episodes cut up into 5 parts on the RolandRat show in order to make them last a week. The commodore64...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweety4uall

meldrew wrote:
    yum.loved him as bobby ewing in dallas too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

The A team, Ghostbusters, Johnny Ball, Milking the cows, learning something new every day, My commadore 64, Desperate dan bars, Roald Dahl books, Arnold Shwaznneger Movies, Dangermouse, Michella Stachan, Colm O Rourke and the Glory days of meath football, My two pet dogs and the two bills. Bill Murrey and Bill Hicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Friday evenings. Come home at 3.00, dump bag, eat and watch all the best cartoons which were on (remember Ninja turtles?). The weekend was your oyster sniffs, wipes away a tear, clears throat Ah yes those were de days, when men were men and spades were shovels...rheumy eyes gaze into the distance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I almost forgot my fav thing growing up REALLY was Curious George!! Movie on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Lego and dinkys for me too! Also summer days in the back garden with my green, plastic, made in Taiwan army men in the flower beds (jungle). Remember that useless Captain with the pistol, looking over his shoulder and his right arm raised calling the troops forward? He and his like were always the first to die. The commandos and snipers survived to the finish. The running ones with the rifles were killed by bazooka men, landmines or tanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Lego - an only child's best friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

My good old commodore 64. Ah the memories - it only took about 10 minutes to load up the Terminator cassette. :D

Bosco, when I was really young.

Summer holidays were the best - 3 months of doing nothing but sitting on my arse. Oh how I yearn for a similar time. ;)

Advertisement