Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What about the Octavia ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

maidhc wrote:
    Had the opposite experience last week. A new Skoda dealer in cork who made *NO*effort to sell me a car. In fact the salesman stayed stacking shelves and was generally obnoxious.
    Unbelievable. This drives me absolutely nuts. I don't think it has much to do with the brand of car, rather the attitude of some of the salesguys.

My wife insisted that we needed a RAV4 once. We arrived at the Toyota dealer in Blackrock on a Saturday morning, and there was a nice looking 1 y.o. green one for sale. The showroom was deserted, except for the two salesmen who were chatting & laughing about the previous night. "Be with you in a minute" one of them says, and carries on talking. At his leisure he then brings us out to the car, and it's clear he's the worse for wear from the night before. He slurs on about he's been driving this car for the past week and it's a great one - very low mileage, spotless, etc. We get in and the ashtray is overflowing, the car stinks, the carpets are filthy and yer man just slouches in the back and says "off you go". He doesn't say another word for the duration.

Thankfully, this experience completely lost the attraction in the RAV4 for my wife (I hate SUVs) but at the same time I couldn't believe the guy's attitude to a €30000 deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

The 200bhp Octavia RS (31990) is reportedly a faster car and a better handler than a Golf GTI (35935). Unfortunately, the rumour is that the DSG is not available in the RS in Ireland.

I drive a 05 GTI so I feel I have to butt in here.

How does a heavier saloon car handle better than a 3dr hatch? And how does a heavier car with the same engine and output as the GTI go faster?

And for jesus sake, if MDL are going to the 'hassle' of bringing in the RS they're hardly leaving DSG off it!!!!!!

And BTW the 2.0TDI engine doesn't come with a 5 speed box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Big Balls wrote:
    How does a heavier saloon car handle better than a 3dr hatch? And how does a heavier car with the same engine and output as the GTI go faster?
    Only going by what I have read. Are you sure the Octavia is heavier? The Mk 1 Octavia was lighter than a Mk IV Golf.
    And for jesus sake, if MDL are going to the 'hassle' of bringing in the RS they're hardly leaving DSG off it!!!!!!
    I agree they shouldn't, but CBG do not list a DSG RS. They list both types of Golf GTI.
    And BTW the 2.0TDI engine doesn't come with a 5 speed box.
    Again, the specs were from CBG's new car list. The Seat, Golf & A3 are all listed with 5 speeds with the 2.0 TDI. The Škoda is listed with a 6 speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

I think the moral of the story here is don't believe anything you read on CBG so ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

What about the Octavia ?

My sentiments exactly! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 curieux2

Tried a 1.9TDI DSG this morning and enjoyed the ride : the DSG box works nicely with the 1.9 engine and handling is good :-0

Advertisement